What now for the EU ?

Truxx

LE
No chance: if he searches for "libtard" on LinkedIn the first result would he his own profile and the remaining 500 results would be comments on his profile and posts.
Which reminds me. Much activity this last week around my own LinkedIn* profile which has not seen any attention whatsoever in 30 months.

Am I being stalked or headhunted I wonder?

* only used by me very rarely to track down old chums and organise pissy lunches in Rules or similar.

philc

LE
Further on Italian debt and Bond Auctions, Italy is selling 30 Yr Bonds today, looking to realise nearly 7 Billion at a return of 1.9%, which is .9% above Spain & Portugal, they also sold a huge chunk of 1 year bonds last week, guess who brought up 36 Billion Euros worth, the ECB, so the EU has a little faith in Italy's ability to pay back on Bonds in a year, be interesting to see who wants the 30 Year Bonds and at what return.

Well this is going to be fun.

The duty troll is going to give us the lowdown on agriculture in general and milk production in particular.

@Cloth bomber and @jagman2 and a couple of others you need to stand by for re-education by someone who wouldn't know one end of a cow from the other.
Sorry truxx , any amusement gained from seeing the sad bitter failure w@nking all over a thread like a demented chimp, wained some months ago.
It craves interaction and acknowledgement and it will get none from me.
Bait away though in your own time.!

Truxx

LE
Sorry truxx , any amusement gained from seeing the sad bitter failure w@nking all over a thread like a demented chimp, wained some months ago.
I have the tit on ignore but still retain a close interest on the thread particularly the interventions from posters who spot things I would not otherwise see or have a view based on their expertise or first hand experience.

As you will see those criteria do not apply in his case.

Just bear in mind how dull and boring it is for the rest of us. Even chimps flinging shit loses its appeal after a while.

Does English have a PEP-8 equivalent?
I've warned you about this before - have a care, lest he HTML's you into obliviate :

Remember this little gem from 2016? Curiously, his original to which you responded is missing. Fortunately, you quoted it.

amazing__lobster said:
You misread this old bean. Whilst waiting for my gf to finishing frying the duck, I was amusing myself by giving Oddbod SABCs. I even toyed with the idea of writing an HTML script to automatically downrate every post he'd ever made. It had nothing to do with Sixty. Like most things on here, it was posted for my own amusement..

In HTML?

Right you are.

Don't forget to tell baggsy to SABC this for you, because I'm "on ignore", remember?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Not looking great in the EU either. Perhaps a global pandemic had something to do with it.

And this illustrates the problems that Italy is facing. Owing to Covid 19, it's debt to GDP ratio has climbed to 160% of GDP. Markets tend to take fright at 140%.

Simultaneously, GDP has dropped sharply, meaning that the governments tax take - and ability to service it's debt - has also dropped sharply. It had close to 40 billion euros of debt to roll over before the end of the year; the money isn't really there to do it.

So now a vicious circle starts. The markets start to slowly raise the interest rates they want to lend money to the Italian government at, which makes it even less able to pay; so the markets raise interest rates again. This debt spiral is what happened to Greece, Portugal, Cyprus and Ireland in the last recession - meaning they needed EU bailouts. At one point the Greek government was being asked 15% interest rate to borrow money overnight...

Italy is too big to fail - it may not be possible to bail it out. Even assuming the terms of that bailout are acceptable to the Italian government / electorate.

So, you'll see the debt spiral start to kick in towards the end of the year. At which point the EU will resort to panic measures to stop Italy defaulting on its debt and bringing the euro down. Those panic measures will be a blatant breach of the EU treaties.

And what happens after that is anyone's guess.

Wordsmith

I don’t think anyone really believes that. I’m the only one in my close and extended family who voted remain. My partners mother voted leave. Obviously many of the lads I served and keep in touch with voted leave. I went to sapper fest after the vote and it wasn’t even discussed - except and an old room mate and drinking buddy made one or two jokes as he voted leave, but it was just banter. I also think even for those who voted in the way if a protest vote, it was understandable.

But you said you don’t know how you would have voted - I just wonder what the debate was in your head. I did wonder about some of the immigration policies and future directions but then decided a) my understanding of the organisation is not sufficient to disrupt status que, and b) I do feel I have a European identity that is tied to the EU. Also the EU science program does a great job.
Status what?

What does Coca Cola have to do with the EU? Also the irony is, the EU is a position to regulate the above...

Also it's funny how comments get thrown around like "we don't have to buy chlorine washed chicken when it comes to UK market", but the above stories are the EU's fault.

Logically consistency would be a good place to start.
Indeed what does Coca Cola have to do with the EU other than doing what other brands to , placing themselves so as to avoid tax. My Bold- really? I wonder if it's more like the brand wagging the dog

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Someones claim to the SPOTY crown strengthens by the day.

Outfuckingstanding.
I do wonder at the mentality of of some of the SPOTY contenders. If I got a barrage of abuse from a variety of well-regarded ARRSE members, I'd rapidly think "I'm being a fucktard".

But the site bell-ends revel in it.

Wordsmith

Latest Threads