What now for the EU ?

A fair question. Deserves an answer.

At the time (2016) I was working in a European country outside of the EU. At the time of the vote I was in a Central African country. I woke up to take a shower in Gabon and that's where I heard on France 24 of the result.

For three years after that I have had narrow-minded shits telling me I am a racist or a xenophobe, or narrow-minded in some way.

You can all get to f*ck.
I don’t think anyone really believes that. I’m the only one in my close and extended family who voted remain. My partners mother voted leave. Obviously many of the lads I served and keep in touch with voted leave. I went to sapper fest after the vote and it wasn’t even discussed - except and an old room mate and drinking buddy made one or two jokes as he voted leave, but it was just banter. I also think even for those who voted in the way if a protest vote, it was understandable.

But you said you don’t know how you would have voted - I just wonder what the debate was in your head. I did wonder about some of the immigration policies and future directions but then decided a) my understanding of the organisation is not sufficient to disrupt status que, and b) I do feel I have a European identity that is tied to the EU. Also the EU science program does a great job.

Oyibo

LE
Apparently, I took up French citizenship. Uber Walter can confirm. Also, I was never a paratrooper, but I did join the Moldavian Pioneer Corps

I don’t think anyone really believes that. I’m the only one in my close and extended family who voted remain. My partners mother voted leave. Obviously many of the lads I served and keep in touch with leave. I went to sapper fest after the vote and it wasn’t even discussed. I also think even for those who voted in the way if a protest vote, it was understandable.

But you said you don’t know how you would have voted - I just wonder what the debate was in your head. I did wonder about some of the immigration policies and future directions but then decided a) my understanding of the organisation is not sufficient to disrupt status que, and b) I do feel I have a European identity that is tied to the EU.
"I don’t think anyone really believes that. I’m the only one in my close and extended family who voted remain. My partners mother voted leave. Obviously many of the lads I served and keep in touch with leave. I went to sapper fest after the vote and it wasn’t even discussed. I also think even for those who voted in the way if a protest vote, it was understandable.
But you said you don’t know how you would have voted - I just wonder what the debate was in your head. I did wonder about some of the immigration policies and future directions but then decided a) my understanding of the organisation is not sufficient to disrupt status que, and b) I do feel I have a European identity that is tied to the EU. "

HAHAHAHA.
So you voted to remain without knowing why????
Its 'Quo' by the way.
You did not understand what the organisation represented.....the one you voted for for????

Hand in your human being badge on the way out, Professore.

HAHAHAHA.
So you voted to remain without knowing why????
Its 'Quo' by the way.
You did not understand what the organisation represented.....the one you voted for for????

Hand in your human being badge on the way out, Professore.
We have had business experts and lawyers claiming it’s more complicated than they realised.

And I understand what it represents - but I didn’t realise even half the negatives that have come to pass would have happened.

As also said before - saying I don’t fully understand something comes easy to me. To you, I suspect not so much.

Oyibo

LE
I don’t think anyone really believes that. I’m the only one in my close and extended family who voted remain. My partners mother voted leave. Obviously many of the lads I served and keep in touch with voted leave. I went to sapper fest after the vote and it wasn’t even discussed - except and an old room mate and drinking buddy made one or two jokes as he voted leave, but it was just banter. I also think even for those who voted in the way if a protest vote, it was understandable.

But you said you don’t know how you would have voted - I just wonder what the debate was in your head. I did wonder about some of the immigration policies and future directions but then decided a) my understanding of the organisation is not sufficient to disrupt status que, and b) I do feel I have a European identity that is tied to the EU. Also the EU science program does a great job.
You don't think anyone believes what?

You're heading down a rather crappy path here.

You don't think anyone believes what?

You're heading down a rather crappy path here.

It’s the internet and you are all strangers. Who cares what is believed - though I posted this before I'm sure. The day of the vote I woke up with second thoughts of how I would vote later that day. Everyone has a firmly entrenched view of the inner works of an individual based on how they voted, I guess. *Shrug*.

Last edited:
We have had business experts and lawyers claiming it’s more complicated than they realised.

As also said before - saying I don’t fully understand something comes easy to me. To you, I suspect not do much.

And I understand what it represents - but I didn’t realise even half the negatives that have come to pass would have happened.

As also said before - saying I don’t fully understand something comes easy to me. To you, I suspect not so much.
Hang on.
Our Big Braned Professor did not fully understand a choice of; Leave the EU or Remain in the EU????

But, you're a learned gent....

Apparently, I took up French citizenship. Uber Walter can confirm. Also, I was never a paratrooper, but I did join the Moldavian Pioneer Corps
Oh good. Can you come and sort out our fence at the back of our town house? Five post holes and some decent 'fvck you, you drug addled twat' fence line would be great.

Hang on.
Our Big Braned Professor did not fully understand a choice of; Leave the EU or Remain in the EU????

But, you're a learned gent....
No I understood the choice - I said I didn't comprehend the full workings of how the EU operates. I'm not the only one:

Sure I recall it's been said by high profile individuals too.

As I say - saying I don't know, comes fairly easy to me.

Oyibo

LE
Oh good. Can you come and sort out our fence at the back of our town house? Five post holes and some decent 'fvck you, you drug addled twat' fence line would be great.
No prbs. I can murder a few ethnic something or others while the EU and UN look the other way if you like.

The utter c*nts

You said " my understanding of the organisation is not sufficient to disrupt status que, "
I assume you meant the EU Status 'Quo'
Do you know how sad that makes us all feel?
Being an utter fvckwit who didnt understand how the EU functioned for the past 20 years, and had politically agitated for a referendum on the matter until 2016, you crack on with your wibble.
Is there anything you don't know?

It is what it is - a paper in one of the worlds top journals.
That's the thing. Nature is probably the pre-eminent journal........in which you were not published. You attempted to give the impression that you had been so published. Nature's subsidiary journals, of which there are many, mostly acquired through buy-out, are far from "worlds (sic) top journals", as you put it.

No idea why you are so interested in it all though.
I'm interested to observe how your ADHD contributes to your narcissistic personality disorder, and your latest claim is a minor manifestation of that illness.

Odd really.
Not altogether odd, I'm marking-time before nipping out to the reef to go fishing, waiting for the tide change.

What do you think about the future of the EU?
I think the EU:
  • has the choice of either full political and economic integration, or it will fail in a disorderly manner;
  • that, on balance, the latter is more likely given the democratic deficit that is intrinsic to its structure, and yet retaining that deficit is the only means through which full integration can be achieved;
  • the disparate cultures and economies of the MS tend to act against the political objectives of the EU Commission;
  • the EU Parliament has very little power, and purposefully so, such that the veneer of "representation" can be maintained.
A trading bloc within Europe is a good idea, but the nature of the current EU structure is overwhelmingly political rather than economic. Thus, good economic policy is not what drives EU decision making.

Despite voting for Brexit, I hope the EU is successful in its objectives (other than for the French, obviously) subject to those objectives being tested with the electorate. I do not, however, think for a moment that the nature of the changes required to finish "das Projekt" will ever be put before the electorate.

That's the thing. Nature is probably the pre-eminent journal........in which you were not published. You attempted to give the impression that you had been so published. Nature's subsidiary journals, of which there are many, mostly acquired through buy-out, are far from "worlds (sic) top journals", as you put it.

I'm interested to observe how your ADHD contributes to your narcissistic personality disorder, and your latest claim is a minor manifestation of that illness.

Not altogether odd, I'm marking-time before nipping out to the reef to go fishing, waiting for the tide change.

I think the EU:
  • has the choice of either full political and economic integration, or it will fail in a disorderly manner;
  • that, on balance, the latter is more likely given the democratic deficit that is intrinsic to its structure, and yet retaining that deficit is the only means through which full integration can be achieved;
  • the disparate cultures and economies of the MS tend to act against the political objectives of the EU Commission;
  • the EU Parliament has very little power, and purposefully so, such that the veneer of "representation" can be maintained.
A trading bloc within Europe is a good idea, but the nature of the current EU structure is overwhelmingly political rather than economic. Thus, good economic policy is not what drives EU decision making.

Despite voting for Brexit, I hope the EU is successful in its objectives (other than for the French, obviously) subject to those objectives being tested with the electorate. I do not, however, think for a moment that the nature of the changes required to finish "das Projekt" will ever be put before the electorate.
Although a paper in journal within the top ten of the worlds journal, that is closer to five than ten, is a decent achievement - cannot be taken away from me by text message either. Still the obsession hasn’t gotten any less odd. More so in fact, given you are pretending you know about this stuff - you worked in finance until you were fired over text message and have done nothing since, least anything to pretend you're an expert in which journal to publish.

As mentioned - we can put this to bed, although this 1k no longer seems forthcoming for some reason...

And I’m sure the last bit of your post was interesting, but the weird rant preceding it stopped me reading after the first section - as like everything you pontificate on, it was probably waffle.

What a waste of a bunk up, eh.

Last edited:
You said it.

A full 15 hour shift, posting sh!te you put in yesterday.

Yet, you never saw fit to make a comment on the EU destroying the lives of some of the poorest people on the planet.

You're right - too much time listening to a washed-up has-been who after losing their career over text-message, now think they are an expert on academic publishing - whilst pretending they'll donate money to charity.

Reference the story you posted. Thanks for posting. Interesting link.

What are you doing about it? Are you now only buying milk imported from West Africa? How do you feel you morally compare, regarding you own consumer behaviours, when it comes to buying electronics containing conflict minerals etc?

Do you think this is a problem for farmers the world over, which will increase as we move consumption towards synthetic forms of animal produce - e.g. Beyond Meat burgers etc? Do you also think this is a direct action by the EU, or do you realise it's actually capitalism driving this? As I hope you realise it's not the European Union that is selling this, and instead a company based within the EU?

I guess the test is - if you're truly that concerned - are you ok with West African economic migrants coming to the UK for a better life?

Last edited:

Latest Threads