What now for the EU ?

philc

LE
Genuine question.

Does anyone read the reams of links provided to reinforce and argument or POV. I just look at the source of think, well we all know the POV of the person or publication writing that, or its published by a trade source who we all know where their position is, or the worst ones, companies selling services.

Using reams of links unless its specific facts seems rather pointless.

Any way back to whats next for the EU, if Brexit is judged a success then 38% of Italians would vote to leave, rather ominous and this is before the huge cuts & debt coming.

Italy would be the most likely of the "Big Four" member states to consider exiting the European Union if Brexit proves to be beneficial to Britain, according to a Euronews-commissioned poll.

Data from the Redfield and Wilton Strategies survey found that nearly half of Italians would be likely to support their country leaving the EU if the UK and its economy are regarded to be in good health in five years.

Genuine question.

Does anyone read the reams of links provided to reinforce and argument or POV. I just look at the source of think, well we all know the POV of the person or publication writing that, or its published by a trade source who we all know where their position is, or the worst ones, companies selling services.

Using reams of links unless its specific facts seems rather pointless.
There is occasionally a pot of gold when the linker has clearly just thrown a phrase at Google and triumphantly post the first five results af "proof" without having read a single word contained in the links.

The payoff is when someone reads the links which all say the opposite of what the linker wanted.

Truxx

LE
There is occasionally a pot of gold when the linker has clearly just thrown a phrase at Google and triumphantly post the first five results af "proof" without having read a single word contained in the links.

The payoff is when someone reads the links which all say the opposite of what the linker wanted.
Google Roulette

rifleair

War Hero
oh so the country your doing the FTA with doesn’t get a say
Of course it does, however at this time we would be part of a eu fta with say Mexico, in this deal our (UK) priorities are part of twenty seven (27) other countries so the chance of that deal being mostly beneficial to the UK is minimal.
Now though the two (2) countries work out a deal that only benefits those two (2) countries, nowhere in the deal do they take into account twenty six (26) other countries wishes, what's not to like!

I can't be bothered to hit "show ignored posts", but if the best the Remain camp can come up with is the dream team of @Brotherton Lad , @Bravo_Bravo and @amazing__lobster , no wonder they lost the referendum.

I suspect you would have got a more intelligent case for 'Remain' at a Chimpanzee's tea party....

Wordsmith
And there you have it. Mr @Brotherton Lad. @Bravo_Bravo, furloughed aeroplane hooverist, and the micturating muppet, failed soljer and general liar, @amazing__lobster. All in one heap.
Founder members of The Grate Brexit War Enactors.
At least it keeps them off the mean streets.

Humperdoo

Swinger
You haven’t once put forward your opinion on medicine shortages.
I will, have a look at EU JIT (Just in time) policy. COVID has spectacularly exposed the major flaw within this policy, not one of the EU's finest ideas. Common sense would say that it's normal for countries, regardless of rules and treaties to become selfish and hold onto their own supplies during a major crisis, resulting in supply and demand issues. Hence why the cost of drugs has skyrocketed, eg; a box of sertraline 50mg (30 tabs) before COVID cost approx £3.50, now it has pushed upwards to £45 a box. This has nothing to do with BREXIT, I would argue that if we can successfully manage our way through this, BREXIT is a cakewalk in comparison.
However, the bill for the NHS is going to be horrendous!

Someone is making a strong shout for SPOTY.
Because I disagree with an aspirin seller who falsely claims to be ex-para (and has been outed on the site), also now claims he knows more about drug trials/EMA than Cancer Research?

Funny how the site has changed since Brexit don’t you think - years ago walts were chased off the site. Now they’re welcomed with open arms as long as they post positive things about Brexit.

Last edited:
Because I disagree with an aspirin seller who also falsely claims to be ex-para (and has been outed on the site) also claimed he knows more about drug trials than Cancer Research?

Funny how the site has changed since Brexit don’t you think - years ago walts were chased off the site. Now they’re welcomed with open arms as long as they post positive things about Brexit.
Still nothing to say about the EU?

Reported for continual off-topic trolling.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Still nothing to say about the EU?

Reported for continual off-topic trolling.
Leave it alone because it's preference is to play 'ad hom' which is typical of most trolls.

I will, have a look at EU JIT (Just in time) policy. COVID has spectacularly exposed the major flaw within this policy, not one of the EU's finest ideas. Common sense would say that it's normal for countries, regardless of rules and treaties to become selfish and hold onto their own supplies during a major crisis, resulting in supply and demand issues. Hence why the cost of drugs has skyrocketed, eg; a box of sertraline 50mg (30 tabs) before COVID cost approx £3.50, now it has pushed upwards to £45 a box. This has nothing to do with BREXIT, I would argue that if we can successfully manage our way through this, BREXIT is a cakewalk in comparison.
However, the bill for the NHS is going to be horrendous!
JIT came from Japan and is used worldwide

Latest Threads