Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I see Bravo-Bravo has returned to infest the thread.

The Remain case is now being made by someone with an IQ numerically similar to the temperature inside his refrigerator.

Wonderful...

Wordsmith =(

Those that think that was funny?

status of EU trade agreements with those countries?:

Canada - FTA in force since 21 Sept 2017
Australia - in negotiations since 2018
Brunei - no FTA or negotiations
Chile - FTA in force since 2013, replacement FTA negotiations opened and placed on hold
Japan - FTA in force since 1 Feb 2019
Malaysia - FTA negotiations paused since 2012
Mexico - FTA in force since 2000, replacement FTA awaiting ratification
New Zealand - in negotiations since 2018
Peru - no FTA or negotiations
Singapore - FTA entered into force 21 November 2019
Vietnam - FTA entered into force 1 August 2020

So come December, the U.K. is leaving FTAs with 6 of those 11 countries and negotiations with 2 more
Would you like to borrow a pen for your upcoming cheque signing marathon?

Would you like to borrow a pen for your upcoming cheque signing marathon?

Can't wait for the epic squealing to start once the new MFF starts in 2021 and the financial reality of the fiscal transfers to the EU starts biting hard....

Many natives will not be happy....

It will be a joy to behold....

:-D

JB

edit for fat fingers...

It's your childish view of the world that we think is funny.
Criticism, coming from a bitter Irishman.
I'd concentrate on preparing for your countries economy to nosedive if I were you......use plenty of lube.
If only an independent nation state could negotiate it's own trade agreements :rolleyes:

A radical concept, I know, but it's time to think outside the box . . .
it can

how many FTA’s as of today will the U.K. have in operation on 1 Jan 2021 ?

it can

how many FTA’s as of today will the U.K. have in operation on 1 Jan 2021 ?
Whatever FTAs we have, they will be to our advantage, not 27 other countries.
You seem a bit concerned about what we are doing. You ought to give some thought to how your tiny country is going to cope when your massive next door neighbor stop's buying your shiit.
The Irish are shiiting themselves because they won't be able to continue cheating the way they did. Your cross border scams have hit the rails and it's delicious.

As I'm not a part of the negotiating teams, I have no idea.

Do you?

ps: a 'guess' is not the same as 'knowing'.
EU membership currently gives the U.K. barrier free access to the 26 member states plus 70 other countries

as it stands today the U.K. has deals 50 Countries ready to go on 1 January 2021 (which by the way are on exactly the same Terms as the U.K. currently has, they are roll over deals).

Oyibo

LE
EU membership currently gives the U.K. barrier free access to the 26 member states plus 70 other countries

as it stands today the U.K. has deals 50 Countries ready to go on 1 January 2021 (which by the way are on exactly the same Terms as the U.K. currently has, they are roll over deals).

But without having to pay the EU for them?

This is too easy.
Do you think for one minute that all of those FTAs benefit the UK or the rest of the EU?

FFS.

You've lived under the benevolent dictatorship of the EU for too long to realise that one size doesn't fit all.

Latest Threads