Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

What??

The uppity forriners wanting some input and not just rolling over to our every demand

No thats been the remain "Tory Twats " standard we should vote again claims

The open letter to the EU which much of the media deperatly tried to ignore and now acts as if it never existed - nor did the EU refute any point.

Challenged the argument a Canada deal was impossible
Challenged the argument a Norway fishing deal was impossible
Since both existed they clearly were possible - in fact the EUs (stated) reason for the refusal was because of the UKs geographical position

In other words the UK is to close to be allowed free trade with the EU (other European states be warned)

stated that the EU demand we adhere to its standards alone is unacceptable - yes much is claimed about dodgy US chicken but UK standards are also higher than the EUs in some areas.

Pointed out that the EUs demand that the UKs foreign policy be subordinate to the EUs was unacceptable.
Just consider that many people demanding a deal no matter what with the EU seem not to understand that what they say was unacceptable for India in the 30s (vassal status) , is what the EU ais calling for today

Its this demand the UK signs up to vassal status thats moved me from - We shouldnt have invoked A50 but we need to get it done now - lets work together in the future to - **** that we need out now and screw them lets form a competing block open to all fed up of the EU empire building and interference in domestic politics

Exactly, this government is been forced by circumstances(we left the EU), to make policy on the hoof, because that is the very essence of freedom and the downside, is the politicians simply have very little experience of acting that way.

People wanted a single benefit of brexit (bravo two), its we can now make lots of mistakes and government is accountable to you, me and everybody again.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Like I said, its a racing certainity and I remain wholly unconvinced any government, including the current one who is especially sensitive to criticism, really wants to run a sovereign nation and take those tough decisions and as a real sovereign power often unilateral ones, in the face of criticism, which always exists whatever decision(right or wrong is immaterial) your taking, happens to be.

One only needs to look at the cross channel migration express routes and a desire to pretend its not happening, until even the media are forced to report it and then rattled, saying that something needs to be done (priti patel today).
I like to think that Priti saying something needs to be done means Cabinet has been discussing the matter for a while and has a cunning plan.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I like to think that Priti saying something needs to be done means Cabinet has been discussing the matter for a while and has a cunning plan.
Baldrick walt.

Looks like Mrs May allocated that money two years ago, and that was before we had even left.

As she also undertook the funding of those receiving money from the EU, because it’s ours in the first place and secondly there would be more for the U.K. remember the Boris bus was wrong cos it was a lie, except it wasn’t.

I'd like to think that a Home Secretary....any Home Secretary, would actually do something instead of just saying something needs to be done!
I live in hope.

Prior to brexit, I believe government had adopted the fully modern view, that the plebs exist to toil and can be given stuff to keep them from revolting and in return, we will not bother our betters, to have opinions beyond the 4-5 year cycle of elections. That can be encapsulated in a figure like peter mandelsohn, or most of the modern tory types embodied by someone like dominic grieve.

Post Brexit and we have moved back to an older mode of governance where people are starting to expect immediate action when a problem is presented. Maybe, Priti wants to do something, but we've got decades of 'wait and see' to wade through, before she would be allowed to do anything, but a pointless photo op, or mobilisation to stop crossings for a week, before things return to normal.

Conclusions:-
Brexit is a state of mind and it will take our leaders years to adjust to the new reality and this current government has already suffered immense damage, by dealing with problems the same old way.

I like to think that Priti saying something needs to be done means Cabinet has been discussing the matter for a while and has a cunning plan to tell the public that lessons have been learned and the curent situation is under serious consideration blah blah blah blah

Edited for accuracy

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Latest Threads