What now for the EU ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, whether Vlad is pishing himself or not?

It's for the EU and Poland to decide how they deal with this, others including ourselves should be very wary of attempts to curb the power of the judiciary. Next thing you know you have a president for life.

Or an appointed Supreme Court that believes it has primacy over an elected Parliament, or a constitutional monarchy, even.
Yer pays yer taxes and yer gets...?

What, whether Vlad is pishing himself or not?

It's for the EU and Poland to decide how they deal with this, others including ourselves should be very wary of attempts to curb the power of the judiciary. Next thing you know you have a president for life.

If the Poles are happy with their government why is the EU sticking its oar in?
I couldn't give a shit what the Poles do, their problem, not mine.

Broadcasts we would like to hear:

'This morning the British ambassador in Brussels handed the EU top neddies a final note stating that unless we heard from them by 11 o'clock that they were prepared at once to stop their shit with Poland, a state of war would exist between us. I have to tell you now that no such undertaking has been received, and that consequently this country is at war with the EU.'

Jacl

War Hero
this country is at war with the EU.'
That could be interesting, the Germans have let their forces go to pot, the French are still awaiting a fresh supply of white battle flags from China and the rest, well the rest are largely NFI anyway.
The biggest threat to British forces is an entire Div of EU civil serpents armed with sharp pencils and rule books.

Or an appointed Supreme Court that believes it has primacy over an elected Parliament, or a constitutional monarchy, even.
Yer pays yer taxes and yer gets...?
A Supreme Court which is appointed by the govt is a rubber stamp exercise. A slippery slope.

If the Poles are happy with their government why is the EU sticking its oar in?
The Poles joined and agreed to certain conditions which they have to adhere to but...since you mentioned it...

I couldn't give a shit what the Poles do, their problem, not mine.
So why your first point? Seriously.

is it? Well in principle yes, but that's now how it works out in reality. How does "not in the public interest",sound?
It sound like you're trying to make a point but don't know what it is yourself.

I suspect that Vlad is more likely to be envious, Poland not only p1sses in the face of the EU but also gets shed loads of dosh from them, well at least up until now.
Shed loads of fines from now.

The Poles joined and agreed to certain conditions which they have to adhere to but...since you mentioned it...

So why your first point? Seriously.

There were protests from the remainers in this country when the result didn't give them what they wanted. Poland hasn't said it wants to leave, it says it wants to apply some of its own laws.

My point is I don't care what Polands legal system does. You said the UK should be wary of Polish attempts to curb the power of the judiciary. Why? The EU seems happy enough to do it.

As opposed to being appointed by letters patent from the monarch (you know, a hereditary el presidente for life sort of person).

Hoist by your own canard.
As with others, you're trying to make a point but signally failing.

You think a judiciary beholden to the government is a good thing?

Almost calculated to p1ss off the Poles even more and drive them further from the EU. If the EU wants to shoot itself in the foot then using both barrels is not the best way to go.
What happens happens, I'm not overly concerned with how the EU manages its agreements, we're not part of it.

Poland is going through something bigger than Brexit really, the attraction for an all powerful state is compelling for some and the EU a convenient target to blame for any ills and a useful focus for flag wavers.

I'm not saying that the EU is without fault and there will always be tensions over competencies.

There were protests from the remainers in this country when the result didn't give them what they wanted. Poland hasn't said it wants to leave, it says it wants to apply some of its own laws.
Something we'd already done and covered with the HS2 ruling prior to the Brexit referendum. Which I may have posted about before.
My point is I don't care what Polands legal system does.
You don't care but you're still posting about it. Is that right?
You said the UK should be wary of Polish attempts to curb the power of the judiciary. Why?
If you have to ask why we should be wary of any attempts to curb the power of the judiciary in favour of government I think you need to read a bit more. That guy in 1930s Germany could be a good pointer.
The EU seems happy enough to do it.
Do you have any examples in context?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads