What now for the EU ?

National flags have been banned at the EU. Will all those national flags of member states now be consigned to history as they become further absorbed in to the new empire that so despises the former British Empire. At least member countries retained their national flags and identity within the British Empire, as they continue to do so within the Commonwealth. Will the politburo order photos with French, German, Italian and other flags to be retouched to incorporate the EU flag?

1579011336358.png

Remainer MEPs are desperate to try and get whatever they can by way of pensions, handshakes etc.
Meanwhile the MEP they accused of being in it for the money isn't taking his severance pay from the EU.

1579011817123.png

MEP Yells ‘Shut Your Big Gob’ at Rowdy MEP Redundancy Meeting - Guido Fawkes

1579011691868.png

Nigel Farage 'will not take a penny' of £153,000 MEP golden goodbye

gorillaguts981

War Hero
But we were warned!

I think he went on about it like "being cast adrift in an open boat" also.
I am afraid I can not find the links.
A read through 'A Thousand Years of Annoying the French' (Steven Clarke, ISBN 9780552779937) is not only entertaining but squarely scuppers the idea that the frogs have anything serious to threaten us with. They've been at it for centuries and failing miserably. Pay them no heed.

meanwhile, the EU concentrates on the big picture

"The bloc are also gunning to scrap chargers being sold with new mobile phones"

Just checked. I've got a box with 19 redundant chargers in it . . . although three of them are the larger ones used for portable printers. Plus the two that are always plugged-in for our current phones. Sounds about right. One charger for each of the 20-22 years we have had mobile phones.

I've also got a box containing 12 (three-wire) "kettle" leads.

Don't ask me to count all the (two-wire) hi-fi/radio leads.

Every one of them still has a UK three-pin plug attached.

WHY ?!

Just checked. I've got a box with 19 redundant chargers in it . . . although three of them are the larger ones used for portable printers. Plus the two that are always plugged-in for our current phones. Sounds about right. One charger for each of the 20-22 years we have had mobile phones.

WHY ?!
One of the saner ideas to come from brussels.

It would also drive harmonisation of plugs.

Why can't we have more of this and less idiocy? From an efficiently run trading bloc?

Banning blue ink?

How will remainers tattoo themselves with the starry sphincter! On their forehead.
Trying to figure out how to destroy the rag.cannot burn it,, I put a small one in our shredder it beggered it up, any ideas?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

WHY ?!
Apple innit. Every time they bring out a new phone it needs a different charger, an opportunity for more money. God forbid they use the pretty much standard USB C.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ummm...to do so would involve Apple acknowledging the existence of something called Android....

Worrying about 'phone chargers?
Wait until all our vehicles are electricalised, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Worrying about 'phone chargers?
Wait until all our vehicles are electricalised, you ain't seen nothing yet.
They seem to have their sh1t in one sock on the type of plugs etc. but have managed to successfully screw things up with the large number of payment systems, none of which work with the others. My take on reading about it is that you need to register with around 10 companies, set up accounts and put some cash in each one.

EU Parliament is comedy gold this morning.

eine volk, Eine party, Eine EUrope!

how to defeat populism, the need to move on to a great and glorious future, the end of civilisation at the hands of Brexit, the need to free Scotland from the tyranny of Westminster, the need for a EUropean common energy policy, the need for a common financial policy.

EU Parliament is comedy gold this morning.

eine volk, Eine party, Eine EUrope!

how to defeat populism, the need to move on to a great and glorious future, the end of civilisation at the hands of Brexit, the need to free Scotland from the tyranny of Westminster, the need for a EUropean common energy policy, the need for a common financial policy.
This one from Gunnar Beck MEP (sorry no video link):

"In 2000 the EU launched it's Lisbon agenda to make the EU "the most dynamic and knowledge based economy in the world by 2010, as 2010 was approached references to 2010 were expunged and the plan was renamed the Europe 2020 strategy.

2020 has arrived and the most competitive and dynamic, knowledge economy may be the moral champion of the world but it also enjoys the highest consumer, income and corporate taxes in the developed world. High unemployment and the lowest growth apart from J@pan.

For the most integrated countries of the Eurozone economic data is even worse than for the more sensible non Euro members.

The commission president now proposes more taxes and an EU "green deal" for €1 trillion plus, when EU influence on world climate is minimal.

EU democracy is democracy neither for or by the European people.

Sigmund Freud spoke of escape into illness to describe a neurotic avoidance of an unpleasant reality, rather than face the struggle to regain health the neurotic patient is secretly wishing to remain ill.

Is there a better diagnosis of the EU today?

Faced with a menacing economic truth the EU commission is reaching for a narcotic overdose of EU integration to take an extended holiday from reality."

Latest Threads