What now for the EU ?

Frankly, I don't find any of your posts those of 'a healthily functioning adult'. But crack on - it's amusing.

Honestly fella, defending your image so much in front of anonymous strangers is the sign of a deeply wounded man hostage to how others perceive them. All smacks of ”look at me now, Daddy”.

Anyway, the site is still pretty good and the recent Afghanistan thread was excellent, but there came a point when I realised I was spending far too much time in cesspit threads, arguing with random cesspit dwelling posters, for no personal benefit and agree nor was it healthy; so have returned to reading more than I post, and mainly sticking t posting in CA and other serious threads. And I notice when I look in these ones from time to time it’s still filled with the same obsessive posters having the exact same obsessive arguments, since 2016 counting all the different threads on the matter. Perhaps if you and a few others scrutinise your posting history a bit, you’ll have the same realisation. And the site and your lives will also be a bit better for it.

Anyway I wish you well.

Last edited:

humble

Old-Salt
And post hoc ergo propter hoc rears its ugly head in your advocacy yet again.

Please outline the scenario whereby a divided Germany, with the Red Army, the US Army and BAOR, sitting on top of it, would have found the means or the inclination to go to war with France.
The intent was to create conditions that would not allow a drift towards a future conflict rather than your simplistic assumption of a looming war that might start in the morning. To bind the nations together in such a way that any future war (decades or more down the road) would be impossible.
You appear ruled by your 'hot' system of thinking rather than the 'cool' version. Check out The Marshmallow Test.

The EU/EEC Union was to eradicate internal (France v Germany)strife.
It worked.

May have worked militarily, but politically Germany has been running Europe for many years.

The intent was to create conditions that would not allow a drift towards a future conflict rather than your simplistic assumption of a looming war that might start in the morning. To bind the nations together in such a way that any future war (decades or more down the road) would be impossible.
You appear ruled by your 'hot' system of thinking rather than the 'cool' version. Check out The Marshmallow Test.
Yea why not it worked well with Yugoslavia.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The conditions underpinning Franco-German conflict historically ceased to exist in 1945.

By the way, it's impossible to bind any grouping of human beings together in such a way as to make future conflict impossible.

You really need to read up on history.

Honestly fella, defending your image so much in front of anonymous strangers is the sign of a deeply wounded man hostage to how others perceive them.

Anyway, the site is still pretty good and the recent Afghanistan thread was excellent, but there comes a point when I realised I was spending far too much time in cesspit threads, arguing with random cesspit dwelling posters, for no personal benefit and agree nor was it healthy; so have returned to reading more than I post, and mainly sticking t posting in CA and other serious threads. And I notice when I look in these ones from time to time it’s still filled with the same obsessive posters having the exact same obsessive arguments, since 2016 counting all the different threads on the matter. Perhaps if you and a few others scrutinise your posting history a bit, you’ll have the same realisation. And the site and your lives will also be a bit better for it.

Anyway I wish you well.
I see you proudly,(As usual) edited that post. When are you going to finish editing it?
There's thick, then there's you.

humble

Old-Salt
By the way, it's impossible to bind any grouping of human beings together in such a way as to make future conflict impossible.
You may be right. However that does not mean we should stop trying.

You really need to read up on history.
I have extensively and(in some areas) in the most minute detail. I am not saying I know everything but I have an above average insight. All attempts to cast me as an ignorant interloper on a forum of experts is futile. Perhaps your confusion is caused by an irrational belief that your version of history is the only correct one?

I have extensively and(in some areas) in the most minute detail. I am not saying I know everything but I have an above average insight. All attempts to cast me as an ignorant interloper on a forum of experts is futile. Perhaps your confusion is caused by an irrational belief that your version of history is the only correct one?

Is that second paragraph as hubristic as I think it is?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

I don't know what a 'correct' historical version is but I am reminded of what an uninformed version is every time you post.

I have extensively and(in some areas) in the most minute detail. I am not saying I know everything but I have an above average insight. Blah blah blah gibber mumble
Ho hum..

Attachments

• 11th 003.gif
    11th 003.gif
    208.2 KB · Views: 8
Guys , you do realise that this whole page, less two posts is either answering one of the mongs or the other one

FFS.....please put them on ignore and let them dry up................................please, for all our sakes

Last edited:
Bollocks. The Hungarian and Polish examples are blatant political censorship with an openly stated political aim. There is absolutely no comparison with your examples.
I don't disagree, but that isn't the issue. The issue is the claim of control of the EU over national Policy and it's obvious that money is talking not the morality of the EU case. Whether I agree with Poland of the EU isn't the matter. The point that Poland makes is that Covid restructuring is being based on compliance, which it wasn't before the Eu came up with the plan- Each member state would have been eligible as a member- whether compliant or not. You talk about corruption?