What now for the EU ?

As ever J, your inaccuracy is matched only by your tendency to bloviate. Here you are, into your 40's, unmarried, childless, in a dead-end and mundane job in Scotland while dreaming of greater things, desperately trying to leverage a PhD from a third rate Welsh university while medicating for various adult-onset mental disorders. It's no wonder you are so manifestly resentful and insecure.

To your mind, you are the subject of envy. Take all the comfort you can from that misconception, for your reality is far, far darker.

That's @amazing__lobster to a 'T'.

You're quite a perceptive bloke.

humble

Old-Salt
Who gave that speech just after WW1, when all of Europe was in mourning.
What might have changed his mind, do you think? What turn him into a dedicated [British] imperialist?

Edit missed a bit out
You did quite a bit more than 'miss a bit out'.!!!!!!
Anyway continue trying to dig your fellow-traveller out of the hole he dug before finding out who actually said it.

if ..but...maybe...perhaps........

Last edited:

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
NATO was for a specific external threat.
The EU/EEC Union was to eradicate internal (France v Germany)strife.
It worked.

At what point in the post-war period was there any prospect whatsoever of France and Germany going to war?

Franco-German rivalry historically was due, in large part, to Europe being the epicentre of global power and France and Germany being both two of the four major European powers. After WW2, the mantle of global power passed to the US and the USSR and Europe's role, particularly that of France, Germany and the UK, was largely reduced to that of a potential battlefield.

You do talk some rubbish.

humble

Old-Salt
Pretty much situation normal, and please say you you don't know that happens here, except in subtler forms and even the EU has been known to have subjective judges,
Bollocks. The Hungarian and Polish examples are blatant political censorship with an openly stated political aim. There is absolutely no comparison with your examples.

Are you sure you mean PM?
Might you be confused and intended to say AM?
After all your sense of time (dating actually) is faulty.

That funny enough for you?

Keep posting, you'll be DF'd soon enough.

Edit Just looked it up. You're right. It's from WSC's Zurich speech, 1946.
Ah, well, get ya next time. Promise.

Last edited:
Made redundant by phone, as is common in investment banking, particularly when my boss is 14,000 miles away.

Far from it, record profit that year and still paid more in redundancy pay than you'll earn in a lifetime....and yet you didn't hesitate to DM me for career advice, and share your glorious LinkedIn profile.

Curious, I knew nobody at the bank before they poached me from a Dutch bank.....

Hardly, I'd already lived and owned property there for 14 years. Moreover, I still own property in the UK and France.

Wrong again, an Australian girl I've been with for 30 years.....

Ankle is fine, as is my running.....

Newsflash! Most of Australia is a high fire risk zone.....

I can operate my boat perfectly well. Just back from an overnight fishing trip out to the continental shelf, through 2.5m swell and +20Kn winds.

As ever J, your inaccuracy is matched only by your tendency to bloviate. Here you are, into your 40's, unmarried, childless, in a dead-end and mundane job in Scotland while dreaming of greater things, desperately trying to leverage a PhD from a third rate Welsh university while medicating for various adult-onset mental disorders. It's no wonder you are so manifestly resentful and insecure.

To your mind, you are the subject of envy. Take all the comfort you can from that misconception, for your reality is far, far darker.

Do you think this post is indicative of a healthy functioning adult?

Hint: nope, it screams severe problems. Obviously the fall back into the gutter hit you hard.

Anyway, thankfully you have interest in the serious parts aside from when you randomly scream about the “Jews“, so I shall leave you to remain to glued to this part of the site where you continue arguing with random strangers for weeks on end whilst collecting likes from the other obsessives. I mainly found it amusing to stumble across you and find you screaming at the clouds and now look how defensive you are - all a bit sad really, as there will be some spillover of this behaviour in real life. You and your family have my pity.

Last edited:

Oyibo

LE
Do you think this post is indicative of a healthy functioning adult?

Hint: nope, it screams severe problems. Obviously the fall back into the gutter hit you hard.

Anyway, I shall leave you to remain to glued to the site where you continue arguing with random people for weeks on end. I just found it both amusing to stumble across you and find you screaming at the clouds - all a bit sad really. You have my pity.

Frankly, I don't find any of your posts those of 'a healthily functioning adult'. But crack on - it's amusing.

Well on the same basis, Munich is Muenchen, Bavaria is Bayern and Berlin is not a song by Irving, it's BerLIN . I do wish the Beeb got those right.
How they pronounce it doesn't bother me personally, Germans tend to do funny things with Gloucester, Leicester or London when they pronounce those cities. That's what happens to non-native speakers.
That they should write it as in the national language is clear, except of course Agincourt.

How they pronounce it doesn't bother me personally, Germans tend to do funny things with Gloucester, Leicester or London when they pronounce those cities. That's what happens to non-native speakers.
That they should write it as in the national language is clear, except of course Agincourt.
Matter for the Beeb I think.

The EU/EEC Union was to eradicate internal (France v Germany)strife.
It worked.

Of course the elimination of strife between the French and Germans post war had nothing to do with with the large standing armies parked in the Fatherland?

No Siree it was all because of the EEC/EU...

Utter twaddle/tripe/bollocks/shite*

*delete as appropriate...

JB

I didn't labour the point. I think we learn from these type of mistakes and many times it has happened to me in the past.
I think you are in for a long wait though but never say never.....

Decades with the red pen have made me a very patient chap. Scrotes always, always, always fcuk up, and when they do, I'm there, smiling.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Which just proves how effective the plan was.
You do talk some rubbish.

And post hoc ergo propter hoc rears its ugly head in your advocacy yet again.

Please outline the scenario whereby a divided Germany, with the Red Army, the US Army and BAOR, sitting on top of it, would have found the means or the inclination to go to war with France.

When you've done that, please outline the scenario whereby France would have found the means or the inclination to go to war with a divided Germany.

Go away, read a book and come back better informed.

Latest Threads