Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Amusing Blobster and Brotherton Lad seem to be having their own race to the bottom to determine which one has the least credibility on Arrse.

I'd say the race is currently neck and neck...

Wordsmith :)

More wishful thinking.

You forgot to add our Irish cousins to the list of providers of EU funding in your edit.

Considering they're set to be the fifth biggest contributor after we exit.

Wordsmith :twisted:
My apologies.
I do, quite genuinely, accept that you are better informed than I.

Erm, yes. Try moving to another EU country without a job or the means to support yourself.

Piece of piss.

Are you setting your own credibility level now Colonel?

Credibility is lost when you block someone because they corrected you @Wordsmith.... He keeps going on about AI, despite not really understanding it. Posting links sent him into a ballistic rage.

@cent05zr70 Do you ever wonder why your only social life is online and not even your family visit you? Although you didn't achieve anything in life, at least you function as a hideous warning to young people.

Credibility is lost when you block someone because they corrected you @Wordsmith.... He keeps going on about AI, despite not really understanding it. Posting links sent him into a ballistic rage.

@cent05zr70 Do you ever wonder why your only social life is online and not even your family visit you? Although you didn't achieve anything in life, at least you function as a hideous warning to young people.

Life Skills advice from yourself?

. . . and they said that the art of irony was dead . . .

While attached to Nato I served in Afghanistan with a WO from the Belgium army.
I saw him later in my camp looking for another WO from Belgium. I took him and they started speaking in English, unwritten or written rule that they have to speak English when a native speaker can hear.
I told them that they can talk mickey mouse as I was leaving.
Apparently they had to speak English as one spoke French and English and the other spoke Dutch and English

How long did Belgium manage without a Government after the last lot of elections ?

Anything you would like to contribute to the thread subject?

Hang on. 3 Parties of whom 1 is Walloon and 2 are Flemish form the Government with 9 opposition parties split 4 Flemish/4 Walloon and 1 Communist party........

Seems perfectly sensible said no one ever

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Meanwhile back on Planet Europe.

On 21 July, after four days of negotiations, EU leaders agreed on a record-high €1.82 trillion long-term budget including a temporary recovery instrument, Next Generation EU, based on the Commission proposal of 27 May 2020. To finance Next Generation EU they decided, for the first time in European history, to enable the Commission to borrow funds on the markets and use them to finance the recovery.

So:
  1. The EU has upped their budget even further for 2021 to 2017 despite the second biggest contributor to that budget sailing off into the sunset.
  2. The EU, by giving itself the power borrow on the markets, has granted itself access to the magic money tree.
The end result is not too difficult to predict:
  1. The member states are providing ever more funds for the EU to use to bribe/coerce member states into moves towards 'more Europe' - and giving up ever more of their sovereignty.
  2. The EU will now act like Greece on steroids as it gets ever more addicted to the magic money tree.
What on earth could go wrong with such masterly planning?

Wordsmith

Latest Threads