What now for the EU ?

Nobbygas

Old-Salt
Mmmmh, battle honours what, well if you want to go that way, how long have the Hussars been around? 200+ years, how long have the RTR been around!

not that I’m counting but the gap battle honours wise is not that much when you look at the life span of both Regiments…….just saying
Oh no! We've got a "my donkey has won more races than your donkey" debate going on !

Proff3RTR

Old-Salt
Oh no! We've got a "my donkey has won more races than your donkey" debate going on !
I know, second I saw the reply my heart sank, I thought ‘should jus ignore it’ but then I thought, ‘what the hell, let’s just roll the dice and see what happens’. Put it this way, if the Hussars did not have more than the RTR I would be very concerned……………

Your heart sank? Drama queen. Just had a little snigger when I saw wallopper. Should have left it there.

I leave that here...

Impossible. I'm old enough to remember the Remainers calling this a 'dangerous fantasy'.

And Nigel Farage had the mick taken out of him:

3.jpg

Surely Farage cannot be right.

Again?

Proff3RTR

Old-Salt
Your heart sank? Drama queen. Just had a little snigger when I saw wallopper. Should have left it there.
You say Queen like it’s a bad thing man, I would of thought wearing the trousers of much cherry ness you lot would be all over your sexuality……no harm intended mucka, but can’t let you horsey type get to carried away.

She is doubling down.

Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Van der Leyen ! SEIG HEIL !!

Theres couple of problems with her proposition. The first was that defence should be VAT free, which would actually reduce the tax take and of course makes it cheaper for France Germany an some others to control the defence market. The second was to ensure an indigenous capability exists especially for semiconductors . But the EU has achieved it’s intent on emasculating the U.K.
How is all that going to square with the requirement of zero sum energy usage And a reduced Budget

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You say Queen like it’s a bad thing man, I would of thought wearing the trousers of much cherry ness you lot would be all over your sexuality……no harm intended mucka, but can’t let you horsey type get to carried away.
I thought that is persackley what horses did with them!

...to carried away?
They worked a charm on the totty, quite carried away.

Theres couple of problems with her proposition. The first was that defence should be VAT free, which would actually reduce the tax take and of course makes it cheaper for France Germany an some others to control the defence market. The second was to ensure an indigenous capability exists especially for semiconductors . But the EU has achieved it’s intent on emasculating the U.K.
How is all that going to square with the requirement of zero sum energy usage And a reduced Budget

Annexe the Sudetanland and then foot-down for the Caucasus oilfields - no VAT in this scenario, and she has her EU army.

Panzers, Vorwerts !

Pteranadon

LE
Book Reviewer
Not quite, the EEC was but there's always been an element of "ever closer union implied". The EEC didn't have one IRC it might have had a corporate flag, I can't remember
The EEC was ingtended to create the foundations for an ever closer union. Here is the preamble from the treaty of Rome.
HIS MAJESTY THE KING OF THE BELGIANS, THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY, THE PRESIDENT OF THE FRENCH REPUBLIC, THE PRESIDENT OF THE ITALIAN REPUBLIC, HER ROYAL HIGHNESS THE GRAND DUCHESS OF LUXEMBOURG, HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN OF THE NETHERLANDS,DETERMINED to establish the foundations of an ever closer union among the European peoples, DECIDED to ensure the economic and social progress of their countries by common action in eliminating the barriers which divide Europe, DIRECTING their efforts to the essential purpose of constantly improving the living and working conditions of their peoples, RECOGNISING that the removal of existing obstacles calls for concerted action in order to guarantee a steady expansion, a balanced trade and fair competition, ANXIOUS to strengthen the unity of their economies and to ensure their harmonious development by reducing the differences existing between the various regions and by mitigating the backwardness of the less favoured, DESIROUS of contributing by means of a common commercial policy to the progressive abolition of restrictions on international trade, INTENDING to confirm the solidarity which binds Europe and overseas countries, and desiring to ensure the development of their prosperity, in accordance with the principles of the Charter of the United Nations, RESOLVED to strengthen the safeguards of peace and liberty by establishing this combination of resources, and calling upon the other peoples of Europe who share their ideal to join in their efforts, HAVE DECIDED to create a European Economic Community...

Is this the same Uschi that banned the Bundeswehr from publishing the ‘Panzerleid’ lyrics?
That is a rather minor problem, what is much more serious is the wastefulness that has taken hold under her leadership, such as decorative rivets for the Gorch Fock at a unit price of 110 euros, maternity clothes for female soldiers or flat-screen TVs in the barracks. If you add to this the plague of "advisers" and "consultants" she has brought over the Bundeswehr, as well as the "accidental" deletion of her service smartphone when she was supposed to appear before the committee of enquiry, including her general incompetence, it weighs considerably more heavily.

You don't need the "Panzerlied" to maintain tradition, you can think back to much better times like 1815 or 1870/71 and even the neighbours then have something to be happy about.

Annexe the Sudetanland and then foot-down for the Caucasus oilfields - no VAT in this scenario, and she has her EU army.

Panzers, Vorwerts !
If even half of it comes from the barracks yard without anything breaking down due to a maintenance backlog or lack of spare parts, we can consider ourselves lucky.

If even half of it comes from the barracks yard without anything breaking down due to a maintenance backlog or lack of spare parts, we can consider ourselves lucky.

Good point.
But as she now owns Greece, she could always call in all the Leopard 1 & 2's from their arsenal ( much bigger than Germany ) and pull off a sneaky Southern flanking attack.

Seriously though, I think the EU Empire is crumbling, the 'War' is ultimately lost, shades of 1942 - just hasn't got there yet.
There is lots of bluff and bluster coming out from Brussels but they are really just hoping for a Wunderwaffe.

Actingunpaid

War Hero
Good point.
But as she now owns Greece, she could always call in all the Leopard 1 & 2's from their arsenal ( much bigger than Germany ) and pull off a sneaky Southern flanking attack.

Seriously though, I think the EU Empire is crumbling, the 'War' is ultimately lost, shades of 1942 - just hasn't got there yet.
There is lots of bluff and bluster coming out from Brussels but they are really just hoping for a Wunderwaffe.
Already got them V1-Verhofftwat, V2 Von der Lying

Latest Threads