What now for the EU ?

Agreed - and without the UK acting as a referee and balancing influence what we see emerging is a European dynamic that has not really progressed since 1815. The same nonsense lurks in the undergrowth of the EU that existed in the Napoleonic and post Napoleonic era.
After the Treaty of Paris Great Britain told Europe effectively to do one and I think I'm right in saying that Great Britain rather prospered for the next hundred years until.......

Yes, I think we were pretty pee'd off at the time because we were forced to bankroll the entire Allied war effort during the Hundred Days, on top of which we ended up having to deliver the decisive blow ourselves at Waterloo...

Because they - with the rest of the VISEGRAD FOUR - annoy Brussels ;) !!

Published by: V4 REPORT, on 28 JULY 2021.

V4 Report

Austria: More Afghan trouble.

Kurz needs to do much more than vowing ‘no stop’ when debating the far/left. That bar is too low; Kurz must step-up to deport more Afghans than Austria’s current low rate.

https://visegradpost.com/.../about-those-deportations-to.../?

Enough of the show, deportations must be meaningful…not just ‘no stop’.

- Austria’s Kurz vows ‘no stop’ to deportations of Afghan asylum seekers after policewoman assaulted by a 28-year-old Afghan national, who was detained at a Vienna police station pending deportation, had punched and kicked a female police officer.

This comes after Austrian police arrested three Afghans suspected of involvement in the rape and murder of a 13-year-old girl earlier this month.

Two suspects, aged 16 and 18, are asylum-seekers, while another, aged 23, has had his protected status revoked as result of three convictions, including a one for robbery. (Yet, he was still there).

* The debate needs to move-on from continuing with a few deportations (Kurz ‘no stop’ slogan) versus no deportations (opponents).

Salvini is starting to do this as well in Italy, where he now focuses on far-left extremists instead of the EU establishment, including the Draghi government Lega is supporting.

This strategy (CSU of Bavaria) obviously failed in Germany; in fact, one can argue it moved the debate leftwards.

1627596543763.png

Nein! You KNOW ze Prussians won at Waterloo!
You could almost say that. Well not Prussians, but Germans. They are all alike anyway.

Wellington's army consisted of
Great Britain about 25000 soldiers
KGL about 6000 soldiers
Hanover about 11000 soldiers
Braunschweig about 6000 soldiers
Nassau about 5000 soldiers

Ok, let's say a draw after penalty shootout, we won that together and if I may make a personal remark, I wouldn't mind another joint frog thrashing action.

Ursus Major

Old-Salt
You could almost say that. Well not Prussians, but Germans. They are all alike anyway.

KGL about 6000 soldiers

Ok, let's say a draw after penalty shootout, we won that together and if I may make a personal remark, I wouldn't mind another joint frog thrashing action.
Well you could argue that Angles and Saxons are Germans…

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

KGL about 6000 soldiers

Sir John Churchill likes this comment.

(See the man hiding the map from the officers? We liked that in the tapestry. )
20210730_133904_resized.jpg

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
And here is the full tapestry
View attachment 592702
I liked this over the entrance door too. And the sofas covered with fabric designed by the first Duchess. Pictures of Louis XIV's face featured, so her guests could sit on him.

Good tour today, excellent guides on duty.
20210730_130918_resized.jpg

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yes we had a good time there as well, still need to go back and finish it off.
You can never see all of it. So many gardens, so little time!

Sir John Churchill likes this comment.

(See the man hiding the map from the officers? We liked that in the tapestry. )View attachment 592698
Ah Blenheim Palace, I was there ages ago when I was on a school trip with my night school, but I can only remember it in a blur because I got properly ratted in some pub near Buckingham Palace the night before.
The day trip was really demanding under this circumstances.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Ah Blenheim Palace, I was there ages ago when I was on a school trip with my night school, but I can only remember it in a blur because I got properly ratted in some pub near Buckingham Palace the night before.
The day trip was really demanding under this circumstances.
You will know it as Blindheim in Bayern. Sandhurst has a marvellous oil painting on cowskin (about 5 cows) from 1704.

You will know it as Blindheim in Bayern. Sandhurst has a marvellous oil painting on cowskin (about 5 cows) from 1704.
Yes it ist known as the "Zweite Schlacht bei Höchstädt" in Germany, Blindheim was back then a small hamlet by Höchstädt.

Latest Threads