What now for the EU ?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
State owned broadcasters would certainly be affected but PPV companies need profits and will strive for quality, popular programmes wherever they can get them.

As usual, the EU are slapping their dîcks on the table, making a big noise but are functionally impotent.
Ursula has a dick? Her husband won't like that.

Perhaps the citizens of Europe will have to operate clandestine TV receivers to frustrate the efforts of the censors.

We might even see one of the Remain quislings broadcast a programme from Continental Europe.

They could give it a catchy title like
Berlin Calling.
"Wounds my heart with a monotonous langour" - that could get a few Euro-ringpieces twitching.

"Wounds my heart with a monotonous langour" - that could get a few Euro-ringpieces twitching.
Especially if intoned in ‘rosbif’. That would just be rubbing salt in.
ETA: I’ve mentioned before, in another thread, but at Maurice Buckmaster’s memorial service I had the privilege to chat with one of his gals.
She told me she had composed the vast majority of those messages herself and they meant nothing, ‘bidon’ (empty) as they say in French.
Occasionally, though, she would be slipped a message which had to be included in the list. Those meant something to somebody. ‘Blesse mon coeur ...’ was one of those.

Last edited:
A thought on the EU and Eu programming.

As there are cultural standards to apply, imagine if you're a TV executive. You Break these cultural purity laws with your current broadcast schedule. Now do you drop a popular TV series, which means less viewers, or do you find some way to re-label as EU?
Keep in mind, that the EU has form for lobbing vast fines at companies who are well off (gotta fill the coffers somehow).

Perhaps the citizens of Europe will have to operate clandestine TV receivers to frustrate the efforts of the censors.

We might even see one of the Remain quislings broadcast a programme from Continental Europe.

They could give it a catchy title like
Berlin Calling.
Allo, allo, John has a long moustache...

A thought on the EU and Eu programming.

As there are cultural standards to apply, imagine if you're a TV executive. You Break these cultural purity laws with your current broadcast schedule. Now do you drop a popular TV series, which means less viewers, or do you find some way to re-label as EU?
Keep in mind, that the EU has form for lobbing vast fines at companies who are well off (gotta fill the coffers somehow).
“Made in cooperation with [insert EU broadcaster of chouse]”

Job jobbed.

What everyone is missing so far is that the EU, an organisation based in Europe but which does not have responsibility for, or authority over, large parts of Europe have taken it upon itself to decide what is and isn’t “European”…

What everyone is missing so far is that the EU, an organisation based in Europe but which does not have responsibility for, or authority over, large parts of Europe have taken it upon itself to decide what is and isn’t “European”…

Indeed, few realise that the five largest cities on the continent of Europe fall outside the EU.

Further, there is no EU city in the world's 25 largest.

Last edited:

Job jobbed.

A certain Austrian painter have a whole Government department devoted to defining such things - Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda

The ministry was organized into seven departments.

1. Division I: Administration and legal
  2. Division II: Mass rallies; public health; youth; race
  3. Division III: Broadcasting
  4. Division IV: National and foreign press
  5. Division V: Films and film censorship
  6. Division VI: Art, music, and theatre
  7. Division VII: Protection against counter-propaganda, both foreign and domestic

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Job jobbed.

What are they going to watch in Ireland? Standby to see the RTE logo on British programs.

You have to have some sympathy with our EUropean friends. The EU has so little confidence in their cultures that they feel that protectionist measures are the only way to prop them up.

It’s a bit strange as the EU is hell bent on destroying sub-cultures as in imposes a pan-EUropean new-culture.

All hail!

Our Dutch friends get UK TV as the broadcast reaches their shores, I expect some Belgian and French persons also tune into UK TV as it is within transmitting range. Does this mean the EU are in effect going to jam UK TV signals, and how will they go about SKY, Netflix and Amazon....again they really haven't thought this through.

Or is there now a Dept of Censorship in th e4th Reichstag?

Our Dutch friends get UK TV as the broadcast reaches their shores, I expect some Belgian and French persons also tune into UK TV as it is within transmitting range. Does this mean the EU are in effect going to jam UK TV signals, and how will they go about SKY, Netflix and Amazon....again they really haven't thought this through.

You beat me to it.

the last iteration of the EU jammed British broadcasts.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Can't we just give the EU E4 and BBC3, on the proviso that they don't broadcast it back at us? A quick rebadge with some yellow stars and the job's a goodun.

We could even throw in Naga Munchetty for free.

Job jobbed.

This…

Can't we just give the EU E4 and BBC3, on the proviso that they don't broadcast it back at us? A quick rebadge with some yellow stars and the job's a goodun.

We could even throw in Naga Munchetty for free.

yellow stars?!?!

Will arbiets set them free?