What now for the EU ?

If you kick around with shit all day, you're going to get some on your shoes.

the amazing thing was that early on, under varadkar s predecessor, Ireland were quite happily working with the UK on border trade arrangements with joint working groups all working to come up with a mutual workable arrangement. , then we had varadkar in the job who immediately stopped those Working groups and allowed himself to be totally played by the EU. It all went downhill from there and the blame lies fairly and squarely with Varadkar and Ireland who had everything to gain by working with the one country they share a border with over a bunch of idiots in Brussels

Portree Kid said:
As I like a good chuckle - I can always remind myself of that remainer trope:

'' We should stay in and fix it from within ''

I must admit that was my hope originally, and I would have preferred to have remained. Now I think almost daily "Thank f**k for Brexit".

This is why people should be eternally grateful to Farage, his regular little video clips of how the corrupt Ponzi scheme operated, showing the farce for what it was and not what it claimed to be, including the dross leading it ..

Not our job, not a member and we aren't that great that umpteen other EU states would bow to us. Let them sort it out. We have to get ourselves in order before anything else.

There seems to be a collective inferiority complex, especially in those countries we fought 2 World Wars to protect & liberate after they surrendered & often collaborated with after the Germans defeated them.
Every time they think back to that time when we stood & fought, bankrupting ourselves both financially & more importantly in the millions of our young men killed & maimed, they should be on their knees thanking us, instead they still side with the bully that started both WW's to try & ingratiate themselves.
We are well out of the ponzi scheme and should only deal with on OUR terms!!

Shh - dont tell him the Arizona audit is now into its final 3 weeks of the hand count and at least 6 or 7 other States are busy implementing their own - early reports indicate some extremely troubling 'anomolies'
So... how do you think the Arizona audit is going?

How about this for a suggestion.

I’m inclined now to suggest we scrap the NI protocol and revert to our original format of no customs border between us and NI similar to when we were in the EU and on the face of it carry on as we were.

Do nothing to the border with the south. If the southern Irish government want to set up border control posts, they’ve done that. Not us!

This would create a problem of a potential uncontrolled border zone but given the problems in the current situation, is that really a worse situation. Let the EU take border control measures if they do wish.

The NI peace agreement is too important to let the EU try and dick us around over this. They seem to have conveniently forgotten that NI is still a part of the UK.

I’m inclined now to suggest we scrap the NI protocol and revert to our original format of no customs border between us and NI similar to when we were in the EU and on the face of it carry on as we were.

Do nothing to the border with the south. If the southern Irish government want to set up border control posts, they’ve done that. Not us!

This would create a problem of a potential uncontrolled border zone but given the problems in the current situation, is that really a worse situation. Let the EU take border control measures if they do wish.

The NI peace agreement is too important to let the EU try and dick us around over this. They seem to have conveniently forgotten that NI is still a part of the UK.
Problem here is that any issues arising from the inevitable borders won't simply be contained to being directed at RoI, as well as directly contradicting the promise of taking back control of our borders.

They may have forgotten that, but they aren't the only ones, however they do unfortunately have the legal standing to say "you made it into law too, now stick to it".

It's a mess that has multiple ways of being addressed, but there's a real lack of determination from all
sides, to take the inevitable consequences of what the choice was/could be.

This place will explode in a few weeks, if there's nothing done before July.

The Good Friday Agreement also needs amended..it's not fit for purpose either.. limping from one political crisis to the next

Last edited:
There is no connection except in the minds of plastic paddies.
The reason the presidents like to claim irish ancestry is obviously to garner the failed irish peasants vote from those that quit the country when the going got tough.i once for shits and giggles detoured into ballyporeen alleged home of ronnie reagans lot ..unbelieveable paddywhackery' and they do actually believe in faireys.

Plastic Paddies are nothing new to the UK, it has been going on since 1952 at least.

(We won't be so impolite at all to mention old Joe Kennedy when he was the US Ambassador before that though, and during a certain unpleasantness)

With respect, there is no problem with that concept with two exceptions. The lies told by the EU about lack of security in terms of Customs receipts , which never bothered them during our membership. Accepting that the EU would have to admit that the more lax controls was in benefit to them and Ireland and that their whole position over Ireland is a Lie. The Rip off in theCAP regime were almost legendary

Last edited:

Latest Threads