What now for the EU ?

Dread

LE
I dont know what your interpretation of bankrupt is but it bears no relation to reality as Russia has one of the worlds LOWEST debt to GDP ratios! and has been very busy indeed building up its national reserves in regard to cash and gold

Russia’s debt ratio is one of the lowest in the world at 19.48% of its GDP. Russia is the ninth least indebted country in the world. Russia’s debt is currently at a total of over 14 billion руб ($216 billion USD). Most of Russia’s external debt is private.

versus

View attachment 580298
View attachment 580299

Debt to GDP Ratio by Country 2021​

What countries have the largest debt in the world? Here is a list of the top ten countries with the most national debt:
  1. Japan (National Debt: ¥1,028 trillion ($9.087 trillion USD))
  2. Greece (National Debt: €332.6 billion ($379 billion US))
  3. Portugal (National Debt: €232 billion ($264 billion US))
  4. Italy (National Debt: €2.17 trillion ($2.48 trillion US))
  5. Bhutan (National Debt: $2.33 billion (USD))
  6. Cyprus (National Debt: €18.95 billion ($21.64 billion USD))
  7. Belgium (National Debt: €399.5 billion ($456.18 billion USD))
  8. United States of America (National Debt: $19.23 trillion (USD))
  9. Spain (National Debt: €1.09 trillion ($1.24 USD))
  10. Singapore (National Debt: $350 billion ($254 billion US))
UNPOSSIBLE! The UK isn't at the top of those lists.

Higgs_Cünt and the other dribbling retards promised us that the UK would plunge into oblivion the day after the vote to leave, and here we are, 18 months after leaving the EU and we're not top of every disaster stat? Shurrley shome mishtake?

Higgs_Cünt and the other dribbling retards promised us that the UK would plunge into oblivion the day after the vote to leave, and here we are, 18 months after leaving the EU and we're not top of every disaster stat? Shurrley shome mishtake?

shocking isn't it? its almost as if the mainstream media has totally lied about just about everything they report! but what truly scares me is that so many people only get their news from the BBC, CNN, Sky news and the like in 30 sec soundbites and have absolutely no idea they are being fed the narrative that those organisations want to espouse rather than the actual news that you as the watcher can make up your own opinions on.

All of this has allowed the truly dangerous people in the world to do whatever they want with no scrutiny and a lot of people are going to be very surprised indeed to find out that the likes of Russia, China and Iran have all been busily improving/strengthing their situations and their resilience in military, finance and trade whilst the woke and BLM rip our western nations apart on meaningless pish and non-existent issues - much of which is orchestrated and financed by China and Russia.!

All the bed wetters have been a boon to the mattress industry, which is a stroke of luck.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Yup, never mind Denmark despite its close, robust cooperation with UK forces in AFG, and at times having a bigger proportion of its population deployed than we had. Presumably the “borrow a frigate” bit is to avoid being challenged over the NL contribution? Ironically the message to Brexiteers should be “Get over it - you won that referendum and we Remainers completely failed to overturn or disregard the result despite a further three plus years of attritional and highly divisive politics and using every dirty trick in the book; including playing games with the Good Friday Agreement, subverting the political process and taking every opportunity to place the interests of the EU ahead of those of our own country - time to move on fellas.” Agreed about Poland BTW.

FOC etc

I think Biden should keep his neb out of Irish business, it's not as if he is/was Irish or even lived there, Boris has more of a claim to make comments on the US as he was at least born and lived there (yes, I know it was only a couple of months, but that's more time than Biden has ever spent in Ireland), I can't imagine Biden liking that.

Have an excellent for the use of 'neb'...

Well done that man...

JB

Reading between the lines from Euronews tonight, I think the EU have just lost the NI issue. (1) it won’t be on the G7 agenda according to them.
(2) There is now talk of economic sanctions from the EU
(3) Biden wants to reset the ‘48 treaty that is NATO.
(4) VDL is getting all smarmy.

I think Biden should keep his neb out of Irish business, it's not as if he is/was Irish or even lived there, Boris has more of a claim to make comments on the US as he was at least born and lived there (yes, I know it was only a couple of months, but that's more time than Biden has ever spent in Ireland), I can't imagine Biden liking that.

Bidens claim to being Irish is a great great grandpa/ma. 1840's migrant to the US, I think.
1/16th Irish?

Russia’s debt ratio is one of the lowest in the world at 19.48% of its GDP. Russia is the ninth least indebted country in the world. Russia’s debt is currently at a total of over 14 billion руб ($216 billion USD). Most of Russia’s external debt is private.

Largely because Russia as been a pariah on international bond markets for donkey's years, with sanctions restricting its participation in those bond markets.

Hard to have a high debt to GDP ratio when you can't issue debt (or investors are prohibited from purchasing it).

arfah

LE
Bidens claim to being Irish is a great great grandpa/ma. 1840's migrant to the US, I think.
1/16th Irish?

The Irish potato famine was a terrible blight on the British Empire but I can’t help thinking that we let one get away?

On the other hand, Joe Biden was our friend during the South Atlantic unpleasantness.

arfah

LE
That's a really odd way of measuring it. Unless I'm misunderstanding, he has two great-great-grandfathers who were Irish.

That's 1/16th each.

So he's 1/8th Irish at best.

Most "Grandfather" rules are exactly that.

So he's 0/16ths Irish in reality.

This makes me think he’s a spanner?

Oh, hang on…

Has been mentioned before but the French are pushing the French language issue some more. When they are the rotating presidency, a singular waste of time any way every thing will be in French, so all those English to Croatian translators will have to be replaced with French to Croatian translators and so on, just because the French are feeling insecure and unloved.

France is far from the only EU country that has chosen to conduct Council meetings in a native language.

But the practice has become far less prominent in recent years, with many countries — particularly smaller ones — switching to English to save time and better ensure they’re widely understood.

As an example, Nuno Brito, the Portuguese ambassador whose country currently holds the EU presidency, speaks mostly in English in Council meetings, several Council officials said.

But as is often the case, the French like to do it the French way
I how we laughed when the Van Doos went into Kandahar in 2007 and insisted on putting out all of their INTSUMs and INTREPs out in French. Even a Canadian 2* couldn’t get them to change until their CO was threatened with being relieved of command.

Latest Threads