What now for the EU ?

Yes and no, expert opinion has said that the EU also has Russian by the balls. Putin needs european cash, he would be financially embarrassed if he were to cut of the gas for any significant length of time and it would have to be that as Germany has reserves to last several weeks. Long term the gas will not be needed as the so called renewable energy (actually no such animal) is being built up slowly but surely. Mostly in the form of wind parks, but also solar and bio-gas. Furthermore new accommodation has to conform to strict energy saving rules, this has been the case for a few years now. At least in Germany things are headed for low carbon emission for housing and maybe even zero emission. For Putin it is very much a matter of make hay while the sun shines, tomorrow could be too late.

To reduce the impact of US sanctions which used to really hurt Russia very badly as little as 5-10 years ago, Russia has been busy doing trade deals with China - china now gets much of essentials such as gas, grain and minerals from Russia and both economies are now somewhat insulated from any external pressure.

Of course you are taking about 2 authoritarian dictatorships with leaders who can do whatever it wants and are obviously untrustworthy but make no mistake whilst the west has been going all woke and destroying itself with never-ending lockdowns etc and internal fighting they have only grown stronger and more independent without the fear they used to have of repercussions from Trump of going too far.

China now openly takes the piss out of Biden and is embarked on an extremely large Naval expansion which includes 3 nuclear carriers - Russia is expanding into the ME, including most recently talks and deals with Iran. Under Biden, the USA has basically abandoned Israel, placated Iran and other bad actors and has signalled it has no interest in the ME which has left a gaping vacuum that the likes of Russia are more than happy to fill. Next war in the ME will start be a pre-emptive Israeli strike on Iran because Biden has taken their foot of the neck of Iran and abandoned Israel.

So your’e of the opinion that now Bankrupt Russia supports Bankrupt EUrope and Biden is virtue signalling. Any chance Monopoly money?

I dont know what your interpretation of bankrupt is but it bears no relation to reality as Russia has one of the worlds LOWEST debt to GDP ratios! and has been very busy indeed building up its national reserves in regard to cash and gold

Russia’s debt ratio is one of the lowest in the world at 19.48% of its GDP. Russia is the ninth least indebted country in the world. Russia’s debt is currently at a total of over 14 billion руб ($216 billion USD). Most of Russia’s external debt is private.

versus

1623333120071.png

1623333168212.png

Debt to GDP Ratio by Country 2021​

What countries have the largest debt in the world? Here is a list of the top ten countries with the most national debt:
  1. Japan (National Debt: ¥1,028 trillion ($9.087 trillion USD))
  2. Greece (National Debt: €332.6 billion ($379 billion US))
  3. Portugal (National Debt: €232 billion ($264 billion US))
  4. Italy (National Debt: €2.17 trillion ($2.48 trillion US))
  5. Bhutan (National Debt: $2.33 billion (USD))
  6. Cyprus (National Debt: €18.95 billion ($21.64 billion USD))
  7. Belgium (National Debt: €399.5 billion ($456.18 billion USD))
  8. United States of America (National Debt: $19.23 trillion (USD))
  9. Spain (National Debt: €1.09 trillion ($1.24 USD))
  10. Singapore (National Debt: $350 billion ($254 billion US))

surely China will be doing the same thing? That could be interesting, more to the point, what replaces the Dollar? CHF? Dare I say it Sterling.
Gold ?!

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I think Biden should keep his neb out of Irish business, it's not as if he is/was Irish or even lived there, Boris has more of a claim to make comments on the US as he was at least born and lived there (yes, I know it was only a couple of months, but that's more time than Biden has ever spent in Ireland), I can't imagine Biden liking that.

I think Biden should keep his neb out of Irish business, it's not as if he is/was Irish or even lived there, Boris has more of a claim to make comments on the US as he was at least born and lived there (yes, I know it was only a couple of months, but that's more time than Biden has ever spent in Ireland), I can't imagine Biden liking that.
Old Joe is going to play you lot off against the EU. He dislikes Boris and the EU burned him in December of last year. So it is a game of who sucks the least at the moment.

syrup

LE

So far today Joe has called the RAF the RFA and had to be told to pay attention by his wife during her speech.

He has apparently issued some sort of official warning to the UK Government over Ireland.
One British MP is reported to have branded him senile

We are off to a flier

UncivilServant

Old-Salt
The parents of our next door neighbour sold him the house for £125000 in 2014 (well below it's value) and moved to Spain. They visit regularly and every time they tell us the old boy is back as he is not too well. Apparently, they hate coming back, I have managed to bite my tongue so far, but will have to ask them if they considered doing the sensible thing.
A trip to Switzerland?

UncivilServant

Old-Salt
The parents of our next door neighbour sold him the house for £125000 in 2014 (well below it's value) and moved to Spain. They visit regularly and every time they tell us the old boy is back as he is not too well. Apparently, they hate coming back, I have managed to bite my tongue so far, but will have to ask them if they considered doing the sensible thing.
A trip to Switzerland?

Old Joe is going to play you lot off against the EU. He dislikes Boris and the EU burned him in December of last year. So it is a game of who sucks the least at the moment.

Nordstreams going ahead, Russias buying up Euros.
Moscow will set EU foreign policy next year.

Latest Threads