What now for the EU ?

That Kate Bingham deserves a gong.
Getting stuff ordered and contracts in place in time.

Meanwhile.

In the U.K., we developed an ‘at cost’ vaccine for global consumption in order not to financially cripple the world. Realised we didn’t have the domestic vaccination production capacity and set about investing in that as well.

mots almost like the EU was playing politics and it’s backfired.

there is an interesting take on the situation here.

Depending on how you read it.

the EUs problems are because of the U.K. not exporting components. The EU has had to rely on US components. (Hence the reason they’ve been harder on the U.K. than the US.

combined with this new news about the US/EU it shows that the EU has been trying to shaft everybody.

At a minimum she deserves an apology from the left-wing media.
That’ll never happen. The left are already trying to link the UKs vaccination success to corruption.

Professor John Bell and Kate Bingham are continually getting skated by the Guardian for nefarious business practices linked to the vaccine rollout as well as other PPE requirements.

I generally tend to find that when I’m in the sh*t I go straight to a supplier I know who can deliver without going through the long winded tendering process.

Yep the UK financial services are really taking a hit, post Brexit!

and this just to wind the idiot up ...

Following the Serbia signing - 94 nations have signed trade deals with the UK.
May be an image of text

Attachments

• 1618928915645.png
    1618928915645.png
    594.4 KB · Views: 6
No ... he's more like the piece of s**t you scrape off your shoes before going indoors . . . . @ RCT(V) I assume its the same s**t you were referring to in your post 32,786

Correct. This one . . .

blair gun.jpg

As commented on, at the time . . . . such a wasted/missed opportunity . . . He has the means, the magazine is attached, a clear target, and he is obviously thinking about it . . . !!

Last edited:

philc

LE
The other side of the coin, of course, is that perhaps he should have listened to Dave and given him the temporary concessions that the UK was asking for.
Or shown a little bit more willing to move towards the UK position that was stated back then.
Perhaps even meeting half way, as sensible people do all the time.
But no, he had to give it the big 'un and Dave came back with fcuk all.

That was when my mind was made up, and quite a few others too I suspect.
Totally self-inflicted damage on the EU by the EU and completely avoidable.
The political miscalculation of the century.

One of the arguments from remainers is if the Uk stayed, toughed it out the EU could be shaped in to something more to the UKs liking, that episode showed this to be be a fantasy, the EU is dogmatic and set on a course of federalism.

One of the arguments from remainers is if the Uk stayed, toughed it out the EU could be shaped in to something more to the UKs liking, that episode showed this to be be a fantasy, the EU is dogmatic and set on a course of federalism.

I'm amazed how much influence we had.
Apparently, they bowed down to us and pressed us to take our contributions back.
No.
We were a bit like the elderly uncle who's great for cash at birthdays but ignorable for advice every other day of the year.

I'm amazed how much influence we had.
Apparently, they bowed down to us and pressed us to take our contributions back.
No.
We were a bit like the elderly uncle who's great for cash at birthdays but ignorable for advice every other day of the year.

The great EU vaccination debacle is the fault of the UK.

If the UK had remained we could've, would've, should've been a guiding influence on their policies.

Apparently.

Their gratitude would have been boundless.

obviously Junckers belief in himself overrides his understanding of the British Pysche. History tells us that having Johnny Foreigner getting involved with threatening us very rarely works.

the remain campaign even tried to use POTUS.

I vaguely remember some unconvincing statement being made by SACEUR about how Brexit would weaken NATO. You could tell he was thinking ‘why the hell am I having to do this?’
Obama did a good job

Erinon

Old-Salt
The other side of the coin, of course, is that perhaps he should have listened to Dave and given him the temporary concessions that the UK was asking for.
Or shown a little bit more willing to move towards the UK position that was stated back then.
Perhaps even meeting half way, as sensible people do all the time.
But no, he had to give it the big 'un and Dave came back with fcuk all.

That was when my mind was made up, and quite a few others too I suspect.
Totally self-inflicted damage on the EU by the EU and completely avoidable.
The political miscalculation of the century.
This.
If the EU had shown a modicum of interest in the UK's POV and shown some willingness to budge Brexit wouldn't have happened IMHO. Instead they told us to **** off which quite frankly got a lot of our backs up.

You really would have thought that Johnny foreigner would have learnt after 2 world wars that the Brits will only compromise so far and then when pushed they are stubborn bastards to the end.

Edited to add - Beaten to it by Harry. The Bastard.

philc

LE
German court's have paved the way for the 750 Billion recovery fund, federalism is getting closer.

HCL

LE
German court's have paved the way for the 750 Billion recovery fund, federalism is getting closer.

2% of GDP? Where have I heard that figure before?

Latest Threads