What now for the EU ?

More than three months after leaving and the EU still exists...in fact citizen's support for the European Union is at the highest level since 1983. The only break-up going on in Europe can be found in Britain...everything is going tits up as you were warned.

What has brexit done for you?...apart from leaving a bunch of corrupt criminals and idiots in office.
How the EU put the people in place is entirely up to them.

anglo

LE

Higgs_bosun

sad.gif

More than three months after leaving and the EU still exists...in fact citizen's support for the European Union is at the highest level since 1983. The only break-up going on in Europe can be found in Britain...everything is going tits up as you were warned.

What has brexit done for you?...apart from leaving a bunch of corrupt criminals and idiots in office.

Higgs_bosun

View attachment 563675

Yep. The medication has worn off. Or he's run out...

A few highlights from this week's news:

Siemens announced they'll be building a new £50m rail innovation centre in Birmingham to support 250 new jobs.

Rolls Royce Cars have reported their highest ever 1st quarter sales in their 116 year history - up 62% on the same period last year (i.e. before lockdown).

Canadian owned Maggellen Aerospace (a Tier 1 supplier to Airbus & Boeing) are creating 120 new jobs in a new multi-million pound facility in Wrexham.

ABI Electronics have won multi-million pound contracts to supply diagnostic systems into Taiwan and Malaysia.

Slack & Parr have opened a new multi-million pound factory in Kegworth after doubling their exports into Europe.

Alexander Dennis (Falkirk) have won the contract to supply Berlin with 198 of their iconic yellow double-decker buses.

I could go on....

Yep. The medication has worn off. Or he's run out...
Perhaps his beloved EU has decided his medication is suddenly ineffective...or has restricted it's use to under 65s, then over 65s, then under 60s?

Harwich - Hook of Holland. Either catch the 6am? crossing and meander to your destination or the over night. The joy of the day crossing is you don't have to book a cabin but there are usually cabins available at a cheaper rate for the driver to catch some sleep.
Looking at the night crossing. Get to finish work, drive down and sleep over night in a cabin.

my Eldest lad’s autistic and my young daughters just plain mental. Best to keep them locked up in a cabin either plugged into electronic devices or to sleep. We get in early morning and get the hotel for lunchtime when we can book instead of the afternoon.

We sort of figure we get an extra day holiday that way. Not the usual knackered from driving, late afternoon arrival where you spend your first day recovering and removing god knows what it is the kids spill and smear all over the back seats and windows.

STOP IT!....STOP IT!..... LOOK, JUST F UCKING STOP IT!!!!!!!!

don't you realise it's an offence to try to have a sensible discussion with the mongs

just put them back in the box and we'll say no more

STOP IT!....STOP IT!..... LOOK, JUST F UCKING STOP IT!!!!!!!!

don't you realise it's an offence to try to have a sensible discussion with the mongs

just put them back in the box and we'll say no more

Well, OK let's try a sensible discussion:

A paper (well, pre-print) from last year on the effectiveness of the AZ vaccine and single vs double dose efficacy. Immediately what stands out to me, is that I'm sure they've justified their use of prior here. No literature etc cited to support why they chose it.

I suspect this is part of the problem we have seen from the start until the end of this pandemic, from when to lockdown to side effects of the vaccines (and one that can be extrapolated from the point I was making about the above paper, without having to understand the paper) - different assumptions between various different groups, means that different organisations are coming to different conclusions. And now we are seeing the same with regards to the various vaccines and their associated risks.

What do you think?

Last edited: