What now for the EU ?

I wonder what Turkish is for irony. They vote Ergogan but don't want to live in Turkey. Erdogan relies on the expat votes which means that they have effectively dropped their fellow Turks right in it.
’Ironi’, same as ffrench and German (but with an ‘e’ on the end), they don’t get it either...

Save you a long hard slog on the driving and tolls though.

we went to Holland a few years ago with the kids. Loved it so much we’re looking at doing it again.
I’ll be arsed if I’m doing to Dover -Calais crossing again and driving across. We’re looking at taking the more expensive over night ferry from Hull to the hook of Holland. More expensive on the ferry but it saves loosing a days holiday travelling, get to sleep on the ferry and save a fortune in fuel and tolls.

I suspect we’ll start to see Ferry proves to Spain come down in the future. France seems to going full retard at the moment and I think people will just end up bypassing it.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with the Chunnel though. Rather than the U.K. taxpayer bailing it out, would it be cheaper to let it fold and buy it up cheap from the administrators?

Harwich - Hook of Holland. Either catch the 6am? crossing and meander to your destination or the over night. The joy of the day crossing is you don't have to book a cabin but there are usually cabins available at a cheaper rate for the driver to catch some sleep.

I wonder what Turkish is for irony. They vote Ergogan but don't want to live in Turkey. Erdogan relies on the expat votes which means that they have effectively dropped their fellow Turks right in it.
In the times of the guest workers, the uneducated and traditional came and their descendants are all too often like that. There are also progressive, modern Turks, the Kemalists, but they are in the minority, at least in Germany.
Once again, it is German politics that is to blame for not pushing for integration but allowing parallel societies.

So the EU is supporting the re-Islamisation of Turkey under Erdogan with its payments.
I am sure we will have a lot of fun with this.

philc

LE
:)
The EU, running to form, are not blaming themselves for embarrassing vdL, no it is the fault of Turkey for not supplying a chair for her!

They really seem to be on a mission to piss off as many countries around the world as they can! That will work well for them, I don't think.

A gentleman would of ensured a lady is seated first, it’s that simple. No amount of wibble spin changes that fact.

I think he's always been a bit of dick, why would I pay attention to he now?Because he's said something that goes against the EU?
This is similar to the SNP thread, George Galloway and Alex Salmond have been regarded as cnuts for years, but now they are worth listening to because they are slating the SNP.

Alternatively, only approve the message if you like the messenger.

Apparently, new trouble from Brussels is on the horizon. Our glorious banker-turned-health minister wants to negotiate with the Russians about the Sputnik vaccine.
I wonder if Flinten-Uschi will give him a bare bottom spanking in a black leather suit?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Erdogan was allowed to fill stadiums here in Germany with his supporters for election rallies during elections in Turkey.
The constitution does not normally allow this. I have no illusions about the loyalties of most Turks.
Especially the ones who survived all those accommodation blocks that used to 'go on fire' in the 1970s....

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Not much different from ex-pat British voting remain.
Happy to see us under the E.U thum while getting pissed on the Costas.
Not resident, no vote.
That's how the SNP referendums work. Scots living abroad? No vote.
Foreigners living in Scotland? Vote early and often!

Oh no, an anonymous person on the internet doesn't like me.
Is your understanding of the English language that bad? He didn't say he didn't like you, he said he thought you were a dick. Simple.
I think he's always been a bit of dick, why would I pay attention to he now?Because he's said something that goes against the EU?
This is similar to the SNP thread, George Galloway and Alex Salmond have been regarded as cnuts for years, but now they are worth listening to because they are slating the SNP.
The bit in bold, to emphasise a previous post. That's your problem, you don't. You come on various threads, expressing your opinion as the all knowing oracle , when in fact it's just your opinion. You then accuse others of jumping on various bandwagons too. Take a look in the mirror brother.

Can't we just accept that these things are a case of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'? If any former EU officials (that some of us love to hate) occasionally fire a shot at the current EU biffs, obviously some of us are going to enjoy that or maybe even agree with them. Doesn't necessarily make them any less of a dick than we'd thought previously.

You do seem to have become a bit fixated tbh.

Arse_Bandit

Old-Salt
I can't see the wibble as I have Twatter1 on ignore, but from the responses it looks like it's incapable of following the first rule of debate, disconnection of the statement/facts from the person speaking them... Boris Johnson, Alex Slmond, Sir Kier Hindsight, bellends one and all, but some of the shi-t that spews from them is actual fact and occassionally make sense.

Until it realises this basic fact of life it will be a dick.

Edit for speeling

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Merkel didn't want her that badly

Not necessarily - she may have simply known that von der Leyen had sufficient support so she could ostentatiously abstain and avoid the optic that Germany was foisting its choice on the EU.

Not necessarily - she may have simply known that von der Leyen had sufficient support so she could ostentatiously abstain and avoid the optic that Germany was foisting its choice on the EU.
It's all very Machiavellian.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
They all share the tunnel, the trains have flight slots.

As I thought, not much leeway

Night time has a use, still I'm a bit baffled by the concept of Ivan in France...... Oh hang on, that would be desperate.

You don't have to convince me :cool: I'm one of it's biggest fans
The only problem I have is...the EuroStar Cattle Market at the Gare du Nord !

Not much different from ex-pat British voting remain.
Happy to see us under the E.U thum while getting pissed on the Costas.
Not resident, no vote.
As an ex-pat I am happy to see that Brexit is working. I suppose that I could have voted somehow even if only by proxy, but I didn't bother. I no longer live in Britain I don't feel that I have much to say there.

Is your understanding of the English language that bad? He didn't say he didn't like you, he said he thought you were a dick. Simple.

The bit in bold, to emphasise a previous post. That's your problem, you don't. You come on various threads, expressing your opinion as the all knowing oracle , when in fact it's just your opinion. You then accuse others of jumping on various bandwagons too. Take a look in the mirror brother.
Do you see me following the mob and just agreeing with them no matter what?Then I guess I don't jump on bandwagons do I

Alternatively, only approve the message if you like the messenger.
Or alternatively don't slate a man constantly, until he says one thing that you agree with.

Latest Threads