What now for the EU ?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Great stuff, talk about non-verbal communication.
If you look at Michel at the 6 second mark he quite clearly sees that there are 2 chairs for the 3 of them and watch his stride lengthen to get past Uschi.
A Belgian gentleman through and through, and the EU forward protocol briefings section performing at their best.

On the bright side, and after two spectacular failures, a Belgian has finally prevented a German from reaching the objective.

I wonder whether we’ll be cheeky an divert the first run of Astrazenca vaccines designed for the EU to Australia instead.

we did help source the Australian shortfall last time.
Can't see why we shouldn't Canada are struggling as well, so lets get some shipped out there.

This
has been mentioned before but this adds a little more to it.

For me this quote shows how Germany is trying to get the EU run under its terms:

'So we either change the constitution or the EU changes the recovery fund'."

According to her, the latter is more likely.

She added: "Everybody knows...

"We will see... but Germany is a leading country in the EU so whatever its constitutional court says, it has an impact for sure."

Does it?
The majority of the parliament, the Federal Council, the government, even the head of state were eager to push this law through without any ifs, ands or buts and without much discussion. In fact the passing of the law was hardly covered in the media.

In the end, it was private citizens and organisations who sued against this law and got in their way.
As much as I try, I can't see the approach of German politics to run the EU under it's terms.

They wanted to wave it through without hesitation, sink billions more into the EU grave and ultimately fleece the taxpayer for it.

I assume that in Berlin as well as in Brussels they are now quite pissed off and helpless because of the first decision of the Federal Constitutional Court.

We have a Brussels based consultancy outfit which monitors the incredible number of outpourings from the European Commission for our trade association.

Lot of them are ex European Commission types.

Ursula is generally held to be a dangerous idiot prone to random acts and huge errors of judgement.

Put in place because her bezza Angela wanted her off the Getman domestic political scene really, really badly because her reputation stinks

Macron was delighted because he thought she would be weak and easily manipulated. Until he found out she was indeed an idiot prone to random acts and huge errors of judgement so dangerous.

And it's not the first time she didn't expect to get a chair.

View attachment 563517

T
Merkel didn't want her that badly

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We have a Brussels based consultancy outfit which monitors the incredible number of outpourings from the European Commission for our trade association.

Lot of them are ex European Commission types.

Ursula is generally held to be a dangerous idiot prone to random acts and huge errors of judgement.

Put in place because her bezza Angela wanted her off the Getman domestic political scene really, really badly because her reputation stinks

Macron was delighted because he thought she would be weak and easily manipulated. Until he found out she was indeed an idiot prone to random acts and huge errors of judgement so dangerous.

And it's not the first time she didn't expect to get a chair.

View attachment 563517

T
:)
The EU, running to form, are not blaming themselves for embarrassing vdL, no it is the fault of Turkey for not supplying a chair for her!

They really seem to be on a mission to piss off as many countries around the world as they can! That will work well for them, I don't think.

Blogg

LE
Merkel didn't want her that badly

Nah Merkel abstained because the many follower States had already been lined up and she didn't want to be seen to be overtly favouring her pet who was already wholly politically toxic in Germany.

On the bright side, and after two spectacular failures, a Belgian has finally prevented a German from reaching the objective.

Yeah, but I wonder what Turkish is for "Where's the bloke luv?"
And among the topics that were to be discussed in their meetings were such subjects as the rights of women and Turkey withdrawing from a domestic violence treaty.
A delicious irony that brings yet another smirk to my face.

The EU, running to form, are not blaming themselves for embarrassing vdL, no it is the fault of Turkey for not supplying a chair for her!

They really seem to be on a mission to piss off as many countries around the world as they can! That will work well for them, I don't think.
At least we can distance ourselves from this fustercluck ...Not our Circus, not our Monkeys. As others have said it is the poor average bod on the street that will pay for this antagonising of other nations.

At the last meeting, the EU once again kowtowed to Erdogan, and not only on the "where's my chair" front.

The visit will certainly be sweetened with a few more billions to the strategic "partner" Turkey. Business as usual, and if they are a bit upset that the old hag had to sit on the sofa, that's just theatrical thunder.

At the last meeting, the EU once again kowtowed to Erdogan, and not only on the "where's my chair" front.

The visit will certainly be sweetened with a few more billions to the strategic "partner" Turkey. Business as usual, and if they are a bit upset that the old hag had to sit on the sofa, that's just theatrical thunder.
Where do the offspring of the Gästarbeiter sit in all of this. I'm curious.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Those offspring will no longer be Gästarbeiters but full blown EU citizens. It will be interesting to see where their loyalties really like.

This has more to do with the refugee agreement. Back then, the EU made themselves vulnerable to blackmail, and Erdogan is acting like any good protection racketeer.

Those offspring will no longer be Gästarbeiters but full blown EU citizens. It will be interesting to see where their loyalties really like.
Erdogan was allowed to fill stadiums here in Germany with his supporters for election rallies during elections in Turkey.
The constitution does not normally allow this. I have no illusions about the loyalties of most Turks.

Yes, he has shown himself to be a dick for many years and has twisted or ignored events when it suited his purpose, now though his purpose coincides with the actuality and he says so.
Do you believe that he has always been right or that he has shown himself to be a dick in the past?
I think he's always been a bit of dick, why would I pay attention to he now?Because he's said something that goes against the EU?
This is similar to the SNP thread, George Galloway and Alex Salmond have been regarded as cnuts for years, but now they are worth listening to because they are slating the SNP.

I have no illusions about the loyalties of most Turks.
I wonder what Turkish is for irony. They vote Ergogan but don't want to live in Turkey. Erdogan relies on the expat votes which means that they have effectively dropped their fellow Turks right in it.

I wonder what Turkish is for irony. They vote Ergogan but don't want to live in Turkey. Erdogan relies on the expat votes which means that they have effectively dropped their fellow Turks right in it.
Not much different from ex-pat British voting remain.
Happy to see us under the E.U thum while getting pissed on the Costas.
Not resident, no vote.

Latest Threads