What now for the EU ?

I hope you've still got enough Red, White and Blue in you to do the right thing and have the British Vaccine ;-)
Fear not! I'm quite happy to wait until it's my turn with whatever anti Covid stuff they have in the syringe.
Although on principal I would not be overly fond of Sputnik.

Wot me worry?

Apologies to Mad magazine.
Not you, mate. If people there are too thick to see the benefit of the vaccine then they deserve whatever comes, individually, nationally or EU-wide.

Not you, mate. If people there are too thick to see the benefit of the vaccine then they deserve whatever comes, individually, nationally or EU-wide.

Yes, but the poor sods were fed a climate of fear.
Got no probs with the bloke in the street. It's those that fed them guff that I've got issues with.

Yes, but the poor sods were fed a climate of fear.
Got no probs with the bloke in the street. It's those that fed them guff that I've got issues with.
If they're too ignorant and poorly-educated to understand the science then I know where to look for sympathy.

Of course they didn't because he was such a dick, however if even the most euro of europhiles can see the wood through the trees then there is clearly something going wrong.
So he's a dick until he says something that you agree with?

No idea not my area - so a strange post from you, but common enough it’s not surprising.

Though a quick catch up with one of my PhD students on Friday, who is from India, led me to learn that India is also temporarily blocking the sales of vaccines to the UK. I suspect there’s more going on than our media are covering

Are you saying the UK will declare war on India for taking ”our” vaccines?
As some hysterical individual might claim.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
So he's a dick until he says something that you agree with?
Rest assured, everybody thinks you're a dick even when you manage to say something vaguely sensible (mainly because normal service is guaranteed to be resumed within seconds). The same can quite easily applied to Juncker

Truxx

LE
Not much but just enough....

Economy of Effort, one of the principles of logistics (along with the main one, surprise)
Andrew Ridgeway once caught me out at a ARRC Command group. The discussion, such as it was, had drifted to the extent that I was daydreaming. The topic veered towards logistics

"And the principles of logistics are?" Said Ridgeway glaring at me.

"Surprise and shock action?" I blurted out.

Cue roars of laughter and "Nice one Truxx" from the Commander.

Andrew Ridgeway once caught me out at a ARRC Command group. The discussion, such as it was, had drifted to the extent that I was daydreaming. The topic veered towards logistics

"And the principles of logistics are?" Said Ridgeway glaring at me.

"Surprise and shock action?" I blurted out.

Cue roars of laughter and "Nice one Truxx" from the Commander.
That’s the Guv for you. (I was his 2i/c when he commanded HQ Sqn.)

3.52 so a tad under four hours. The killer used to be the connections from Brussels . Of course if Eurostar goes, so does any passenger rail link through France. Noses and faces come to mind ; the French would.
Quicker now with a new elevated section around Phalsbourg In comparative luxury as well, I would opine if any other franchisee took over,they would still run trains to Paris. Lucrative trains to all over France and, the Skiing Specials. The plan for TGV Est is Strasbourg in 2 hours from Paris...once they've finished all the line upgrades.

Very civilised travel. :mrgreen:

I agree absolutely.
AL1. At least 2 professors have said that even if the problems can be linked to AZ, it's better to have that and the minute attendant risks than a full blown case Covid 19. No effect without side effects.

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
The same can quite easily applied to Juncker
For a bloke who was usually miles off course it came as a surprise when he said something sensible, but that was more than likely just a glitch.

For a bloke who was usually miles off course it came as a surprise when he said something sensible, but that was more than likely just a glitch.
Stopped clocks right twice a day.

Rest assured, everybody thinks you're a dick even when you manage to say something vaguely sensible (mainly because normal service is guaranteed to be resumed within seconds). The same can quite easily applied to Juncker

Have you now decided that you speak for everyone?