What now for the EU ?

What possible reason would we have for doing that? We should be looking to get shot of the North. Not embroiling ourselves with the South.

NI gives us a very nice chunk of coastal waters, to cause embuggerance to Ireland. A similar set up from the ROI would be amusing. It's more of a strategic gain, rather than a financial one. If you consider the EU hostile, colour in the territorial waters for all nations as well, then flip ROI from one side to the other it'd make our lives a lot easier.

A devolved Ireland (including NI) under the UK would also remove a issue to be weaponised from the EU's quiver.

Anyway, don't you want to see the world painted pink again? This is step one.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
We (by we I actually mean all of you vaccine thieving Brits living in the UK) will soon have a million and one big belly beer laughs when Szymon or Jakub cannot get on a ferry, aircraft or Eurotunnel without proof of vaccination.
To get home to the EU too, cheers Uschi.
Talking heads abroad in positions of government are quoting the same proof of vaccination about access to public transport, libraries and access to public spaces.
Fcuk knows how that will work or be enforced, but it is certainly going to be enforced at national borders and ports of entry, that is for sure.
At current rates of vaccination in France, I will start packing my valises in June 2023 ready for my first trip abroad in 2024, at the latest by that summer I hope.
Wish me luck !
Bon chance mon gars - a moi avec les eclairs café !

OCG Organised Crime Group.

See "The EU/ Russian Federation" for details.
Slightly amended for clarity:

Russia - The World Factbook

current situation: Russia is a source, transit, and destination country for men, women, and children who are subjected to forced labor and sex trafficking; with millions of foreign workers, forced labor is Russia’s predominant human trafficking problem and sometimes involves organized crime syndicates; workers from Russia, other European countries, Central Asia, and East and Southeast Asia, including North Korea and Vietnam, are subjected to forced labor in the construction, manufacturing, agricultural, textile, grocery store, maritime, and domestic service industries, as well as in forced begging, waste sorting, and street sweeping; women and children from Europe, Southeast Asia, Africa, and Central Asia are subject to sex trafficking in Russia; Russian women and children are victims of sex trafficking domestically and in Northeast Asia, Europe, Central Asia, Africa, the US, and the Middle East.

Illicit drugs

limited cultivation of illicit cannabis and opium poppy and producer of methamphetamine, mostly for domestic consumption; government has active illicit crop eradication program; used as transshipment point for Asian opiates, cannabis, and Latin American cocaine bound for growing domestic markets, to a lesser extent Western and Central Europe, and occasionally to the US; major source of heroin precursor chemicals; corruption and organized crime are key concerns; major consumer of opiates.

Health warning.......the same source's entry on the UK makes interesting reading.

Last edited:
The FT is reporting that the EU is planning to nag/beg/grovel to the US in an attempt to get the US to allow the export of the Az vaccine from the US to Europe.
Which is interesting as the vaccine that has been held up in Italy was produced in Maryland by Catalent, then sent to their facility in Anagni, near Rome, for filling and packaging, as per Catalent’s license agreement with Astra Zeneca.

ETA: At least, the reported license agreement between Catalent and Astra Zeneca is for vaccine production in Maryland and filling in Italy. However, that agreement was signed in August 2020.
Did the change of US President result in changes to the export regs?
I can’t find any reported reference to any changes in the agreement.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The FT is reporting that the EU is planning to nag/beg/grovel to the US in an attempt to get the US to allow the export of the Az vaccine from the US to Europe.
That will cost them dearly, both in financial and political ways.

Hmmm let me get this right.The EU fvcks AZ about, interferes in its contractual Buisness dealings,( remember the raid on its Belgian labs).
Denigrates the company, its product and falsely claims its lack of efficacy
AND as an aside puts in place an interfering layer into all the pharma company’s working in Europe’s ,supply chain ,with a blocking clause.
THEN wants AZ and its licencees to go the extra mile to bail them out !
utterly utterly Ferkin surreal.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
You're assuming tha copies of an offical vaccine blank haven't already hit the streets.

Don't be daft - the EU haven't sorted the fat brown envelope to ensure which EU member state gets the exclusive rights to print the offending doc yet.....my money's on whoever currently prints the pestilential é50 Euro note [ the most widely forged banknote in 26 Countries. ]

As numerous Arrsers did, I carried a simple yellow card in my passport for years saying I'd been immunized against yellow fever.....it is no more useful than that.

You'd have to ask @LeoRoverman how many 'fake yellow fever' certificates he took an interest in.

Hmmm let me get this right.The EU fvcks AZ about, interferes in its contractual Buisness dealings,( remember the raid on its Belgian labs).
Denigrates the company, its product and falsely claims its lack of efficacy
AND as an aside puts in place an interfering layer into all the pharma company’s working in Europe’s ,supply chain ,with a blocking clause.
THEN wants AZ and its licencees to go the extra mile to bail them out !
utterly utterly Ferkin surreal.
After all that, AZ only have themselves to blame if they stay in Belgium under the EU whip.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
You know you might well be right (I honestly don't know anything about the genealogy of Somali Piracy), but my first reaction is to discount anything you write as fabricated twaddle, because you are so full of bovine excrement when it comes to subjects I do know about.

Here's a thought: if you want to advance an argument, don't write anything about it. Actually, just delete the last two words of that sentence.

if I need advice on posting while drunk, you would be my go to guy.

meanwhile, some very basic open source reading for you.

You'd have to ask @LeoRoverman how many 'fake yellow fever' certificates he took an interest in.
My god I'm not that old, I don't think I've a Schooner wearing Blue Peter. ( I think that's right Yellow duster for fever and Blue Peter for cleared)
ETA though strangely enough I was just thinking about the possibility of the old inoculation books.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
My god I'm not that old, I don't think I've a Schooner wearing Blue Peter. ( I think that's right Yellow duster for fever and Blue Peter for cleared)
I still have my yellow fever certificate. And the Smallpox one...

Latest Threads