What now for the EU ?

Which was why I originally asked the question.

I think that the answer is quite simple: upon reflection, the EU really do not like what they have signed up to and they are hoping that they can pressurise the UK into agreeing to something rather closer to the original Political Declaration.

er no, EU trawlers collapsed the local fishing industry.
Mebbe's the odd Spanish trawler but the majority from China, S Korea and Japan. But you knew that didn't you Pinocchio?
unemployed fishermen + boats + passing EUropean ships = new employment opportunity
If only there was some way of checking whether you were talking your usual bollocks or bang on?

1615030189660.png

The only threads that the majority of posters don't pull you for your lies are Brexit threads. No shocks there.

piracy was always an occasional activity of opportunity, EU trawlers hoovering up all the fish made it the only employment opportunity.
Evidence? <snigger>

Alternatively,

Fully devolve UK domestic matters equally to the FOUR constituent parts - including England - leaving the UK as a Federal common foreign, defence and security umbrella, then invite the Republic to join as a fifth member state.
What possible reason would we have for doing that? We should be looking to get shot of the North. Not embroiling ourselves with the South.

I think that the answer is quite simple: upon reflection, the EU really do not like what they have signed up to and they are hoping that they can pressurise the UK into agreeing to something rather closer to the original Political Declaration.
I think the longer the UK sees the results of Brexit, the less likely we are to succumb to any EU pressure.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
piracy was always an occasional activity of opportunity, EU trawlers hoovering up all the fish made it the only employment opportunity.
You know you might well be right (I honestly don't know anything about the genealogy of Somali Piracy), but my first reaction is to discount anything you write as fabricated twaddle, because you are so full of bovine excrement when it comes to subjects I do know about.

Here's a thought: if you want to advance an argument, don't write anything about it. Actually, just delete the last two words of that sentence.

If we had not had Covid 19 then I suspect that the incompetence of the EU leadership and others would either have been not obvious or without further problems. As it is they appear to be doing the dance of the headless chicken, clueless and helpless.
Agreed, however, I fully believe that if we had still been in the EU, the failures of the EU would have gone unnoticed and we would have gone along with our EU masters. EU failures have been magnified because of Brexit and the easy comparison between us and the EU has been stark. Sadly for EU MS.

Europe really does seem to be led by spiteful incompetents. Im braced for a lot more distractionary spite before it gets better though.
Remember , for a lot of these second rankers this is starting to smell like a career limiter and they are panicking. I expect a lot more irrationality from them in the coming summer.

The up side being a lot of folks will be pointing at them and laughing. It'll help to drown out the weeping of the pro EU camp.

oldbaldy

LE
Not entirely, which is why the EU were so eager to explicitly link the trade deal into the broader Withdrawal Agreement.

Thus, countervailing measures can be in the form of trade sanctions.
In which case we could hit back with 25% on Audis, Mercs & Beemers & Germany knows it.

Rab_C

LE
Equally impressive was turning them off from max chat to a standing stop. Especially if you were on the quarterdeck when the wake caught the ship up.
Full ahead to stopped in the water in a ship and a half’s length. Told this before, leaving Portland after final inspection on Arrow. Skipper carries out a full astern handbrake turn getting off and away from the jetty, we were up to 30kts as we passed through the breakwater.

Full ahead to stopped in the water in a ship and a half’s length. Told this before, leaving Portland after final inspection on Arrow. Skipper carries out a full astern handbrake turn getting off and away from the jetty, we were up to 30kts as we passed through the breakwater.
Old skipper "Hard Over" Startin, HMS Diana. Into Gib at 20 Knots. Flag Officer signals "Go around and come in properly. Went back out and returned at 30 knots. Stop about a foot from another ship. Skipper told to report and was asked about it. "Told to get out to Far East chop-chop."
"Why wasn't I told?" Asks Flag Officer
"Perhaps you weren't needed to know."
Alleged conversation but we left Gib max chat a few days later.
Any Replenishment at sea and on breakaway, "Full ahead both engines, hard a port (or starboard.) :cool:

Latest Threads