What now for the EU ?

Tucked away in that table is a row for some country called ‘European Union’, with 7.83 doses administered per 100 pax.
Is that:
A - an average of all MS;
B - doses administered to EU/EC staff only;
C - has the EC declared UDI and nobody noticed?

The EU can nick all the vaccines it wants, at present in France it seems to be a combination of shortage of vaccines, but much more conspicuously absent is a shortage of motivation.
I took my neighbour down to a nearby cottage hospital last week, he got his first Pfizer jab and was full of admiration for the organisation involved.
At this centre 5 nurses are doing 20 jabs an hour every hour.
Spoke to a mate in Kent last week who went down to his doctors on Saturday, got his first jab and his doctors surgery did 1,000 that day.
No idea of staffing levels there but it is still impressive.
A sense of urgency needs to be found for continental Europe I think, old habits die hard even in this actually life-threatening scenario.
France is currently at 25 out of the 27 MS in jabs given.
An interesting read from a month ago, especially about the logistics barrier.

Not sure what the tariffs on African produce were before Brexit tbh
Very little apparently.
The EU does charge tariffs on imports of all these goods, but most African countries aren’t subject to them. This is because the EU has special schemes in place with the majority of African countries that mean that they can import almost all of their goods into the EU tariff-free.

Sticky847

Old-Salt
Nope - Olympus = huge 20000hp plus turbine. Tyne - much smaller engine (~6000hp) used for cruise speeds, because turbines work best and most fuel efficient near their max rating.

T21, T42 and early T22 had 2 x Tyne, plus 2 x Oly. Stooging around? One or two Tyne flashed up. Max chat/release the hounds? Flash up the Oly's.
Type 21 with both Olympus on max chat from a standing start was very entertaining

Very little apparently.
The EU does charge tariffs on imports of all these goods, but most African countries aren’t subject to them. This is because the EU has special schemes in place with the majority of African countries that mean that they can import almost all of their goods into the EU tariff-free.
So does that mean tariffs now apply to Uk

Arse_Bandit

Old-Salt
Very little apparently.
It's not the tariffs, (most products from africa are zero rated), but the Quotas, these usually impact during the seasons that the local growers are wanting to sell (Oranges in Spain & Italy for example)

Below is a link for other ways the EU impacts trade with Africa that we are well off outside of...

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
The EU can nick all the vaccines it wants, at present in France it seems to be a combination of shortage of vaccines, but much more conspicuously absent is a shortage of motivation.
I sat on a crew bus today, doing the quiet British rage thing, listening to some DUMBSH1T 30 year old Polack chortling about how he gets a weekly email asking him to come for a Covid jab

' But, of CORRSE, I'm not taking ....because [ various absurd and wearily rehearsed Interweb looney tunes reasons]...Don't you agree?'

Er....actually....and I wouldn't want you to take this in any way but the one intended but....

NO CÚNT I don't !....if you can't live amongst us in the same way 95% of UK people do then please feel free to FÚCK OFF back to whatever medieval Slavic troglodyte TB riddled hell-hole you claim as home.

And breathe....... :meditate::meditate::meditate:

Equally impressive was turning them off from max chat to a standing stop. Especially if you were on the quarterdeck when the wake caught the ship up.
Did you end up in the hangar?

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Sticky847

Old-Salt
Equally impressive was turning them off from max chat to a standing stop. Especially if you were on the quarterdeck when the wake caught the ship up.
Agreed, back end of a 21 was v low to the water, our flight observer volunteerEd to be man overboard while we were WIGS, ship was doing 30 plus when he jumped from the stbd quarter and he skipped off the surface much to everyones surprise.

I've said it before but it bears repeating, she looks like a model for Aardman animations.

View attachment 554773

Nah she's more of a praying mantis surely

TELEMMGLPICT000140659357_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqOj5_Rmr3MNcQcsRkzAbTbVtAh_W-0ClgrZIOsseGpCI.jpeg

I had to babysit a Pakistan Navy Commodore at a beano in London, he’d just done a stint covering anti piracy out there. He was, how shall we say, less than ‘complimentary‘ about the EU sending warships to police their self generated geo-political problem on his doorstep.
Liar.

I sat on a crew bus today, doing the quiet British rage thing, listening to some DUMBSH1T 30 year old Polack chortling about how he gets a weekly email asking him to come for a Covid jab

' But, of CORRSE, I'm not taking ....because [ various absurd and wearily rehearsed Interweb looney tunes reasons]...Don't you agree?'

Er....actually....and I wouldn't want you to take this in any way but the one intended but.

NO CÚNT I don't !....if you can't live amongst us in the same way 95% of UK people do then please feel free to FÚCK OFF back to whatever medieval Slavic troglodyte TB riddled hell-hole you claim as home.

And breathe....... :meditate::meditate::meditate:

We (by we I actually mean all of you vaccine thieving Brits living in the UK) will soon have a million and one big belly beer laughs when Szymon or Jakub cannot get on a ferry, aircraft or Eurotunnel without proof of vaccination.
To get home to the EU too, cheers Uschi.
Talking heads abroad in positions of government are quoting the same proof of vaccination about access to public transport, libraries and access to public spaces.
Fcuk knows how that will work or be enforced, but it is certainly going to be enforced at national borders and ports of entry, that is for sure.
At current rates of vaccination in France, I will start packing my valises in June 2023 ready for my first trip abroad in 2024, at the latest by that summer I hope.
Wish me luck !