What now for the EU ?

The promise of unification, (money trees and unicorns) sustains sinn fein. Without it, they are nothing more than subversives in suits. Their track record at Stormont shows us just how unfit for office they are.

Anyone in the Republic over the age of 45 knows the reality of the situation on the island of Ireland.
1614964839302.png

I suspect the EU is pissing a lot of people
Off at the moment.

they've pissed the Russians off over Ukraine.

the Americans off over Russia.

Canada and Australia off over vaccines.

and the eu population over vaccine supply.
But not
You got her number?
0898 696969

You have to wonder why Draghi/EU picked on AZN for the ban, when the Italian element of AZNOxon production is confined to vial filling and packaging at a licensed facility in Italy.
The plant, in Anagni, SE of Rome, formerly belonged to Bristol-Myers Squibb, and is now owned by another US company, Catalent.
While Catalent has deals with Pfizer, Moderna and J&J for full manufacturing of their respective Covid vaccines, the arrangement with AZN is only for filling and packaging: vaccine production is carried out at Catalent’s Maryland site.
So diverting vaccine from that plant to somewhere where the local Government are not a bunch of moronic twats would be pretty simple.....

Oh alright, seniority and all that?
I'm not stirring his porridge though, if he's having a go I then I'm out.

I do insist at first crack at Little Nicola though. Fair's fair, I saw her first.
Besides, we know Nicola will believe any old flannel she's told and forget about it half an our later so I reckon I'm in with a chance there
She has more than one bucket

Also interesting in that article is a bit about his background.
Good luck to les grands fromages in the French Govt having a go at a former street urchin from the poorer banlieues - he says he learned about teamwork from ‘gang’ operations. They may even hear words and expressions en ‘Frouze’ they’ve never heard before.

From Mail OnLine
France threatens to follow Italy's example and block vaccine exports
I've said it before further up thread.
They may well stop export but they cannot force them to sell it in country. AZ should threaten to pour it down the sink.

My propulsion experience is a bit rusty having not done any calls for a day or two but getting from 20 to 30 its takes a fcukton of additional shaft horsepower.For bigger displacement hulls the limiting factor is hull waterline length.

A certain war canoe of my acquaintance could cruise at about 33 kts but needed two Spey gas turbines to do it - 16000 SHP in all. To get a handful more kts two more engines had to be clutched in - Olympus this time (as per Concorde) each of a further 15000 shaft HP.

At which point my calculations pointed to a fuel consumption of 11 feet per gallon.
Wasn't the Olympus known as the Tyne in maritime service? Happy to be schooled.

Layla Moron strikes again, it seems that it's our fault for leaving the EU and taking our world class negotiating skills with us that the EU has made such a cock up of accumulating vaccines.
This might not entirely be in keeping with the spirit of the thread, but I think Layla would look tremendous in a full body, latex or leather slave suit with straps, buckles, clips, D-rings and access flaps. In that picture, she even has a perfectly suitable bimbo face (Including her own spunk goggles).

Last edited:
. . . . From Mail OnLine
Had not read - let alone studied - the following, but decided I must post it as soon as I saw it within @Trackpen's liink . . . . ;) .

1614966386870.png

Italy blocked a shipment of 250,000 AstraZeneca vaccines bound for Australia from leaving the country using EU export laws - the first time they have been used. The laws were introduced in January in a desperate effort to speed up Europe's vaccine drive.

@Not a Boffin

Paging the site SME on naval architecture.
Yes. Making Ro-Ro's go fast is not new.

BUT

Whether it can be done cost-effectively is something else. It'll be a trade off between the number of trailers you'd want to carry, how much you could charge for each and how fast you'd actually need to go to make a profit (freight rate you can charge vs fuel cost per trip).

There's likely to be some issues with meeting Energy Efficiency regs as well (basically leads to building bigger ships going more slowly), but all in the economics. Another part of which would be the question of what goes in the reverse direction (going empty in the reverse direction isn't going to look good financially).

Wasn't the Olympus known as the Tyne in maritime service? Happy to be schooled.
Nope - Olympus = huge 20000hp plus turbine. Tyne - much smaller engine (~6000hp) used for cruise speeds, because turbines work best and most fuel efficient near their max rating.

T21, T42 and early T22 had 2 x Tyne, plus 2 x Oly. Stooging around? One or two Tyne flashed up. Max chat/release the hounds? Flash up the Oly's.

Nope - Olympus = huge 20000hp plus turbine. Tyne - much smaller engine (~6000hp) used for cruise speeds, because turbines work best and most fuel efficient near their max rating.

T21, T42 and early T22 had 2 x Tyne, plus 2 x Oly. Stooging around? One or two Tyne flashed up. Max chat/release the hounds? Flash up the Oly's.
That's me telt. Cheers.

Yes. Making Ro-Ro's go fast is not new.

BUT

Whether it can be done cost-effectively is something else. It'll be a trade off between the number of trailers you'd want to carry, how much you could charge for each and how fast you'd actually need to go to make a profit (freight rate you can charge vs fuel cost per trip).

There's likely to be some issues with meeting Energy Efficiency regs as well (basically leads to building bigger ships going more slowly), but all in the economics. Another part of which would be the question of what goes in the reverse direction (going empty in the reverse direction isn't going to look good financially).
. . . . 65,000 64,000 (illegal) migrants, now enjoying bed & board courtesy of the Home Office :( .

"There are about 64,000 people in Home Office accommodation. The majority are in shared housing, and about 10,000 are in hotel accommodation" . . . . !! :( .

Last edited:
Had not read - let alone studied - the following, but decided I must post it as soon as I saw it within @Trackpen's liink . . . . ;) .

View attachment 554752
Italy blocked a shipment of 250,000 AstraZeneca vaccines bound for Australia from leaving the country using EU export laws - the first time they have been used. The laws were introduced in January in a desperate effort to speed up Europe's vaccine drive.
Tucked away in that table is a row for some country called ‘European Union’, with 7.83 doses administered per 100 pax.
Is that:
A - an average of all MS;
B - doses administered to EU/EC staff only;
C - has the EC declared UDI and nobody noticed?

I posted this in # 17108, above, when the discussion was about fishing:
In the book ‘Hearts of Oak - a collection of Royal Naval anecdotes’ - one CD Stanford (apologies rank at the time not known) tells a dit about the Cod War, entitled ‘Cod War Recovery’.

“HMS Exmouth was on passage to a well earned visit to Liverpool.
Just off the north Wales coast we received a signal to proceed with all despatch to Faslane, offload boats, onload stores and then make best speed to a position south-east of Iceland to replace a frigate badly damaged by a collision with an Icelandic gunboat.
Exmouth was a Type 14 - a small, lightly armed, ASW frigate. She was also the testbed for the marinised Olympus gas turbine engine, controllable pitch propellers, and a new ergonomic Bridge which gave control of everything. She had unique, incredible acceleration and deceleration, unknown in any other warship at that time.
When we arrived on station the score sheet read Iceland 7 UK 0, and we were met by some very battered frigates which had not been designed to act as fenders between trawlers and gunboats. So into the fray.
On the first day ‘Baldur’ closed at speed to see off our diminutive ship. She set up her usual tactic of paralleling course before sideswiping our quarter with her strengthened transom.
We waited until her stern was closing and within ten feet of our side, then went to 100% power on the gas turbine. She was left for dead - confused, bemused and wallowing.
She tried again on several occasions; each time we out-manoeuvred her with ease.
The word soon got round and ‘Thor’, ‘Odin’ and ‘Aegir’ all tried their hands, but to no avail.
Modern marine engineering technology had won the day.”

ETA: Rear Admiral Chris Stanford CB became Late in August 2020.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
The EU's beggar thy neighbour policies have certainly caused a resurgence.

I had to babysit a Pakistan Navy Commodore at a beano in London, he’d just done a stint covering anti piracy out there. He was, how shall we say, less than ‘complimentary‘ about the EU sending warships to police their self generated geo-political problem on his doorstep.

This might not entirely be in keeping with the spirit of the thread, but I think Layla would look tremendous in a full body, latex or leather slave suit with straps, buckles, clips, D-rings and access flaps. In that picture, she even has a perfectly suitable bimbo face (Including her own spunk goggles).

You have just crossed the boundary from kinky to downright perverted... 8O

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs

shes done the dirty with a bald ginger...

Male, female, soulless daywalker - she’s done them all

8A272675-A26D-4E92-9174-D90E3F628106.jpeg

Latest Threads