What now for the EU ?

Re the Oz - AZ vaccine boIIocks.
I'll bet a pound to a pinch of shite, there will be a big press announcement over the weekend backtracking and putting the finger on some poor sap making an error or that wasn't what was meant and that the world had misunderstood.
Obfuscation, deceit and outright lies....all trademarks of the MafEU©.
I think this is brilliant.

Main problem we'll have is where to put the businesses wanting to leave the EU to come to the UK for a grown up operating environment.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Don’t tell me they are reactivating the submarine pens at Brest, along with a legacy squadron of Condors and Couriers.
Maybe all those weirdo "Luftwaffe 46" fanboys can at long last find out whether a Geschwader of upgraded ME262 fighters can destroy the whole of the RAF and USAAF in an afternoon...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
What we cold war warriors once would have called "a slag". We liked to keep our terminology simple, which is why we had Griddle. :eek:

The older I get the more cynical I am with the new buzz words to make people feel special and sell them stuff.

In this day and age the sexual Prefs still fall into:

Gay
Hetro
Bi
A sexual (not interested in sex/or more commonly known as "married")

@donttellhimpike has first dibs.

Oh alright, seniority and all that?
I'm not stirring his porridge though, if he's having a go I then I'm out.

I do insist at first crack at Little Nicola though. Fair's fair, I saw her first.
Besides, we know Nicola will believe any old flannel she's told and forget about it half an our later so I reckon I'm in with a chance there

Oh alright, seniority and all that?
I'm not stirring his porridge though, if he's having a go I then I'm out.

I do insist at first crack at Little Nicola though. Fair's fair, I saw her first.
Besides, we know Nicola will believe any old flannel she's told and forget about it half an our later so I reckon I'm in with a chance there
On recent events, at least Nicola will forget who you are after 24hrs.

Happy days.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BTW. Has anyone anywhere identified which international law the UK has breached as so loudly proclaimed by various EU drones ?
Inasmuch as the EU hasn’t yet signed off on the deal, there is no ‘contract’, so there cannot be a breach of law - international or otherwise.
I am, of course, open to correction, but that’s the way I see it.
It’s the same situation as the yelling over the IMB before last Christmas.
Note, too, that the more cautious (and intelligent) of those proclaiming ‘breach of international law’ do preface their declamation with ‘could’.

If you are both saying that they were involved in piracy and slave trading 350 years ago then correct.
Never really stopped.

What I am saying is that over fishing of Somalian waters by EU factory fishing boats forced Somali fishermen to seek an alternative source of income. Piracy.

I do not deny that they have been doing it for centuries but I am saying that over fishing by richer nations greatly increased the problem.

What I am saying is that over fishing of Somalian waters by EU factory fishing boats forced Somali fishermen to seek an alternative source of income. Piracy.

I do not deny that they have been doing it for centuries but I am saying that over fishing by richer nations greatly increased the problem.
Totally agree.

You'd think an issue that serious would gain traction with an organisation called something like, oh, I dunno, Black Lives Matter, maybe?

Inasmuch as the EU hasn’t yet signed off on the deal, there is no ‘contract’, so there cannot be a breach of law - international or otherwise.
I am, of course, open to correction, but that’s the way I see it.
It’s the same situation as the yelling over the IMB before last Christmas.
Note, too, that the more cautious (and intelligent) of those proclaiming ‘breach of international law’ do preface their declamation with ‘could’.

English law does, unfortunately, recognise an implied contract: however, obtaining a binding judgement on such a beast is a Devil's own job - and I would be very surprised if such a thing could be argued internationally.

On surer ground, UK employment contracts will rely on some measure of implied terms: fr'instance, many employment contracts will not openly state that you do not steal from your employer though nature of the contract would imply such a term.