What now for the EU ?

Particularly when it comes to bribery and corruption, not forgetting massive tax avoidance by large multi-national companies.
Just finished reading Putin’s people by Catherine Belton. Read it and weep. The peace dividend has been well and truly lost. Understand why London was protected so zealously and why there is gnashing of teeth By Brussels.

As far as I know it was all road haulage via Spain
Current journey time 6 days, they are claiming 3 days for direct ferry.

In the road haulage game time is money. This is the polar opposite of the Irish landbridge problem where the direct ferry routes from Ireland to europe are longer.

Will all depend on numbers (it always does) but on face value you are accessing a cheaper, higher quality product in half the time it currently takes.
Would need to know the ferry costs to give you a better idea on the financial benefits to it.

Not knowing this sector, I suspect United Seaways have already carried out it’s feasible study into overhead costs to business etc.

Apparently, they operate out of Poole.

Now, if another operator followed suit from ie: Portsmouth/Southampton or even Portland (pending infrastructure uplift) then I strongly suspect this increases turn around therefore financial benefits apply accordingly.

Would this be plausible?

On the growing things in North Africa subject.
I mentioned on one of the brexit threads a couple of years ago, one of our clients from Evesham was doing a deal with the Tunisians to erect about 10 hectares of glass houses down there with the option on about another 50.
Iirc the Tunisians were offering cheap terms as they wanted the Spanish growers lunch and dinner.

Not knowing this sector, I suspect United Seaways have already carried out it’s feasible study into overhead costs to business etc.

Apparently, they operate out of Poole.

Now, if another operator followed suit from ie: Portsmouth/Southampton or even Portland (pending infrastructure uplift) then I strongly suspect this increases turn around therefore financial benefits apply accordingly.

Would this be plausible?

Plausible yes, but I'd have to see numbers and costing to say how attractive it would be

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Layla Moron strikes again, it seems that it's our fault for leaving the EU and taking our world class negotiating skills with us that the EU has made such a cock up of accumulating vaccines.

Layla Moron strikes again, it seems that it's our fault for leaving the EU and taking our world class negotiating skills with us that the EU has made such a cock up of accumulating vaccines.
They really are the enemy within.

hoofie

Clanker
According to the 2016 Census, a million Australians are of Italian ancestry - it's the sixth largest ethnic group and well entrenched into Aussie business and political life. Compare that to 250,000 doses.

This is not going to play well at all in that community.

According to the 2016 Census, a million Australians are of Italian ancestry - it's the sixth largest ethnic group and well entrenched into Aussie business and political life. Compare that to 250,000 doses.

I suspect the EU is pissing a lot of people
Off at the moment.

they've pissed the Russians off over Ukraine.

the Americans off over Russia.

Canada and Australia off over vaccines.

and the eu population over vaccine supply.

Truxx

LE
Jesus wept

Should she not be back in her constituency preparing for government or something?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Adelaide used to have the biggest population of Greeks outside Greece. Doubt they will be too chuffed either.

Latest Threads