What now for the EU ?

It's almost like the EU are acting like a spoiled child and when they don't get their own way, swings their arms and stamps their feet, threatening to stop breathing if they don't get their way.

Interesting thread by Telegraph James Crisp on the current hot air threats from Brussels on NIP unilateral action.

Simple sabre rattling.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I'd feel happier if they rattled their white flags rather than sabres, poor loves might cut themselves.

It's almost like the EU are acting like a spoiled child and when they don't get their own way, swings their arms and stamps their feet, threatening to stop breathing if they don't get their way.
Seems strange looking from the outside in, and to think how this is how the RoW saw us before we left.

Seems strange looking from the outside in, and to think how this is how the RoW saw us before we left.
Would they have actually made such daft decisions if we were still members?
I suspect the presence of adults would have made a difference. Now the brakes are off and the sixth form Marxists are running the shop.

Would they have actually made such daft decisions if we were still members?
I suspect the presence of adults would have made a difference. Now the brakes are off and the sixth form Marxists are running the shop.

Not convinced tbh.
We are good at running ourselves. To think we can enlighten others when they outnumber us and have different agendas is not something to attempt. Reason seldom wins over interest.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the EU attempted to sue the U.K. if we distributed our vaccine surplus to the commonwealth countries first.
I see your thinking but in which court and under what heading could they possibly have a claim.( and can you think of any possible course of action that would be more likely to ensure that they would be forever at the back of our queue.

I see your thinking but in which court and under what heading could they possibly have a claim.( and can you think of any possible course of action that would be more likely to ensure that they would be forever at the back of our queue.

To be fair I think the EU have enough on its plate so its default setting is of course ‘legal threats’.

My earlier post & thread explains briefly why it’s pure spin distraction towards Brussels incompetence.

Meanwhile, someone’s been thinking. What do our regular road transport and logistics members think?
Take that, Brussels! UK to launch ferry trade route around Europe to bypass hated EU rules
Take that, Brussels! UK to launch ferry trade route around Europe to bypass hated EU rules

ETA: There will obviously have to be greater security to prevent stowaways. This would make an ideal direct route into the UK from Africa.
I would hope the former Booty advising the Home Office is drawing up plans.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, someone’s been thinking. What do our regular road transport and logistics members think?

ETA: There will obviously have to be greater security to prevent stowaways. This would make an ideal direct route into the UK from Africa.
Have we been prevented from doing that whilst EU members?

BBC take on it

The Italian government has blocked the export of an Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine shipment to Australia.
The decision affects 250,000 doses of the vaccine produced at an AstraZeneca facility in Italy.
Italy is the first EU country to use the bloc's new regulations allowing exports to be stopped if the company providing the vaccines has failed to meet its obligations to the EU.
The move has been backed by the European Commission, reports say.

Last edited:

Interesting notion.

The UK gets a surprising amount of fresh produce from North Africa including things like tomatoes and citrus fruits amongst others.
Potentially damaging for Spanish exports in particular, they are qouting a three day passage time which is half the current transit time.
North Africa produce is cheaper and often better quality than european. If it can be delivered faster (therefor with longer shelf life) and cost effectively then its a winner for the Africans and its a winner for the UK.

Not so good for southern european producers who export to the UK though

The Italian government has blocked the export of an Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine shipment to Australia.
The decision affects 250,000 doses of the vaccine produced at an AstraZeneca facility in Italy.
Italy is the first EU country to use the bloc's new regulations allowing exports to be stopped if the company providing the vaccines has failed to meet its obligations to the EU.
The move has been backed by the European Commission, reports say.
That's outrageous...........................................you just noticing I mean.

Have we been prevented from doing that whilst EU members?

No, we already import lots of fruit and veg from North Africa

If this ferry link can be done cost effectively (not forgetting now we are out of the EU there is or doesn't have to be tariffs on imports from Africa) then we get a better product and we get it cheaper.
Not sure what the tariffs on African produce were before Brexit tbh

Interesting notion.

The UK gets a surprising amount of fresh produce from North Africa including things like tomatoes and citrus fruits amongst others.
Potentially damaging for Spanish exports in particular, they are qouting a three day passage time which is half the current transit time.
North Africa produce is cheaper and often better quality than european. If it can be delivered faster (therefor with longer shelf life) and cost effectively then its a winner for the Africans and its a winner for the UK.

Not so good for southern european producers who export to the UK though
Tough. Should have considered all that before.

Latest Threads