What now for the EU ?

Isn’t a Freeport essentially a grown-up bonded warehouse?
Yes. Duties are only paid on imported goods. Most of the port of london, Bristol and Liverpool operated under those conditions. A perfect example would be tea, wine and spices which were imported and placed in ‘Bond’ because not all of it would be marketed at the same time. Brooke Bond Tea got it’s name that way. The bond would be paid to the customs authority as a surety that duties would be paid upon release. But there are goods that are not marketable, I.e for transshipment or processing. The bond was therefore a proof against diversion or theft.

I'm guessing that the UK government extending the grace period for goods in the NI protocol has pushed Loyalists to say that the GFA is null and void.

I haven't seen anything from Sinn Fein.. haven't long seen the news on twitter though.

I’m monitoring Irish news Allison Morris thread as we speak, here’s just one reply.

Shame I'd really love to see the back of the Emerald toilet. It has the advantage of no land borders with civilisation so would be easy to do as well.
Awk well.... shit happens old chap.

I’m monitoring Irish news Allison Morris thread as we speak, here’s just one reply.

I read a few of the replies.. there was 237 replies at that stage.. by fcuk am I going to read through a load of Shinnerbots.. it would put me to sleep.

I'm honestly wondering will the DUP collapse Stormont at some stage, in protest at the NI Protocol?

I live on a peaceline and I genuinely think we're in a for a long hot summer in NI as the marching season comes round.

Covid and the lockdown is keeping it under check at the mo, in regards to people going onto the street in protest and that is the assessment from the PSNI.

One can dream. I'd keep a stiff upper lip as I waved you good bye. It would solve so many problems.
I dream of winning the lottery.. never gonna happen either, I don't do the fcuking thing.

Ah. To be fair to @Joker62 I was using the yellow star as a generic symbol used to mark people out for special attention by the Germans, and had not paid any attention to the others that were available and may have been more appropriate for the British.

I had not made the connection between that and the EU flag, but I like that !
You obviously missed the point...

”point”

(to explain would be pointless...)

Yes. Duties are only paid on imported goods. Most of the port of london, Bristol and Liverpool operated under those conditions. A perfect example would be tea, wine and spices which were imported and placed in ‘Bond’ because not all of it would be marketed at the same time. Brooke Bond Tea got it’s name that way. The bond would be paid to the customs authority as a surety that duties would be paid upon release. But there are goods that are not marketable, I.e for transshipment or processing. The bond was therefore a proof against diversion or theft.
Thanks. Memory duly refreshed.

Media started a baseless moral panic over something and the masses believed them?

Where have we seen this before?

You'd think the EU would have tried to co-ordinate a response amongst its members instead of fluttering around ineffectually, like some Pan-European Giant Headless Chicken Committee.

Also, lol@ media "moral panic" dog-whistle.

I read a few of the replies.. there was 237 replies at that stage.. by fcuk am I going to read through a load of Shinnerbots.. it would put me to sleep.

I'm honestly wondering will the DUP collapse Stormont at some stage, in protest at the NI Protocol?

I live on a peaceline and I genuinely think we're in a for a long hot summer in NI as the marching season comes round.

Covid and the lockdown is keeping it under check at the mo, in regards to people going onto the street in protest and that is the assessment from the PSNI.

In the short term, I strongly suspect the DUP would hold off any direct Stormont action just to see in which direction the EU-BoJo & Frost diplomatic talks route go.

Unsure if Brussels has learn’t from its recent reckless NI actions which could be advantageous towards the DUP strategically.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

HCL

LE
Media started a baseless moral panic over something and the masses believed them?

Where have we seen this before?

Courtesy of @Graculus ?

In the short term, I strongly suspect the DUP would hold off any direct Stormont action just to see in which direction the EU-BoJo & Frost diplomatic talks route go.

Unsure if Brussels has learn’t from its recent reckless NI actions which could be advantageous towards the DUP strategically.
I hope for my kids future, the EU suddenly realise they had a big part to play in all this and genuinely work to somehow remove the NI protocol.

But I doubt it.