What now for the EU ?

I had similar from a Guardia Civil outside Barcelona
Louts of shouting on his part, I have not one word of Spanish.
The less I said the more he shouted and put his hand on his gun.

He gave up in the end. He only caught me because I'd pulled over for a fag
He was driving a Seat, I was riding a ZX12R (apparently with to much enthusiasm for his liking)

Driving from Turin to Milan, very early one day in quite a quick car (FF), going a wee bit too fast for my own good (~160kph). Italian police car pulls up alongside as I slow down after seeing him late in the piece. Shit thinks me, they're going to impound my car like the French do........but no, instead he signals me to go faster, with a huge grin. I oblige, back up to my original speed when the same thing happens again.............so, as you can imagine, foot hard down..........silly fast. Driving an F car in Italy is a joy.....they couldn't give a monkey's about the driver, it's all about their local champion car, and good on them for that.

motorcycle trip to germany, many years ago, bow door of the ferry open, bugger, pissing down and only got the shower suit on, set off looking for somewhere to park and put the heavy waterproofs on, spot a beer can on the grass verge so pull over, flatten the can to go under the side stand and start unpacking the waterproofs. This was just on the outside of Zeebrugge, short fat guy in uniform comes running over "you bloody english, you no park there, go away",, gave him a couple of sentences in welsh and carried on with the waterproofs ignoring him, was only when I was a few miles down the road that I realised he had a rather large pistol strapped to his leg!!!

Your assumption being he was going to shoot you for ignoring his little frothy?

Truxx

LE
Driving from Turin to Milan, very early one day in quite a quick car (FF), going a wee bit too fast for my own good (~160kph). Italian police car pulls up alongside as I slow down after seeing him late in the piece. Shit thinks me, they're going to impound my car like the French do........but no, instead he signals me to go faster, with a huge grin. I oblige, back up to my original speed when the same thing happens again.............so, as you can imagine, foot hard down..........silly fast. Driving an F car in Italy is a joy.....they couldn't give a monkey's about the driver, it's all about their local champion car, and good on them for that.
Great cars, Fiats.

Don't know if it still is but France was a little like that with hyper sports bikes

France used to have a 100bhp limit on bikes
A ZX12R in the south of France collected an audience at fuel stations simply because nobody had seen one before

Your assumption being he was going to shoot you for ignoring his little frothy?
Belgium, anything is possible. Their relationship with firearms and bangstuff is not necessarily for the faint of heart.

Truxx

LE
A German ran into the back of Mrs Truxx little Saxo at a set of lights. Not only did she get cross with him but she punched him in the face.

The German copper who attended fined me 80 Euros on the spot and told me to "keep my woman under control"

philc

LE
How this man keeps his job on the BBC I dont know, he is nothing but Pro Boris Brexit propaganda.

Slow cooing the Frogs and Macron.

How this man keeps his job on the BBC I dont know, he is nothing but Pro Boris Brexit propaganda.

Slow cooing the Frogs and Macron.

Are you taking the piss? Boris wasn't mentioned once in the whole broadcast and what was stated was the absolute irrefutable truth. The French did cast doubt on the AZ jab and are now belatedly trying to tell their people it is effective and to accept it. if you meant this as a serious post then your Boris Derangement Syndrome has cooked your brain

Are you taking the piss? Boris wasn't mentioned once in the whole broadcast and what was stated was the absolute irrefutable truth. The French did cast doubt on the AZ jab and are now belatedly trying to tell their people it is effective and to accept it. if you meant this as a serious post then your Boris Derangement Syndrome has cooked your brain

Media started a baseless moral panic over something and the masses believed them?

Where have we seen this before?

Media started a baseless moral panic over something and the masses believed them?

I believe that started when someone stated that there was insufficient evidence to prove the effectiveness in the over 65s. That's a long way from saying that it is not effective. But why ruin a good story with facts?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Your wet dreams, I imagine.

A German ran into the back of Mrs Truxx little Saxo at a set of lights. Not only did she get cross with him but she punched him in the face.

The German copper who attended fined me 80 Euros on the spot and told me to "keep my woman under control"
Quite right too. A clear failure of command and control.
Got to go, just been told to get on with the washing up..

Did you read my link?
Yes, but my post was based on a statement prior to that from early January. Going from memory the EMA said that there was insufficient evidence and it snowballed from there. Meanwhile the evidence that AZ is effective for over 65s is available, hence the climb down across the EU.

As in most situations when posting, the use of an emoje can be - would have been - helpful ;) .

Latest Threads