What now for the EU ?

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
These people have gone full Tonto:

"The mantra of Brexit was “take back control” but the Brits’ departure from Brussels means they risk relinquishing their grip on one of their most precious assets: the English language."

Has anyone mentioned Pidgin English to them? They even have their own BBC channel. That is what they are seeking to emulate.
Hilarious.

Handy Hoch Fritz!

WightMivvi

War Hero
The vaccine programme in this country has been outstanding and far and away better than The EU equivalent, no doubt about that.

When this comes to its natural conclusion however, the only thing that people will look at, is how many people died and how badly in debt are we. Not who got the vaccines out the quickest.

The vaccine programme isn’t a thing in itself, it’s a means to lowering the deaths and getting us economically productive again.
My first reaction to reading this is a more succinct version of “what a load of sweaty hairy dangling spheroids”.

Sorry to break it to you, but the total number of deaths isn’t going to be a big political issue, no matter how much you really really want to gain political advantage by exploiting corpses, suffering and sorrow.

The people who will be agitating over the number of deaths in the future will be the same people agitating over the number of deaths in the past.

Most people will be sad and have a grumble or two, but they will feel that covid is a once-in-a-lifetime event that would have resulted in a large number of deaths no matter who was in charge or whatever policies they adopted.

Crap happens.

Instead, they will look at the great job done with vaccinations and take pride in that. Additionally, they will look at the continued chaos across Europe and compare that to the UK’s performance, and realise we’ve done pretty well.

Even if new variants come along and we have a third wave and another lockdown, the population will just shrug their shoulders and wait for the booster jabs.

You’re not going to like this, but I reckon Boris has “won” covid.

Seemingly France has even more problems Leaked Intelligence Report: 150 French Neighborhoods 'Held' By Islamists
snip "A leaked classified document from the French internal security service, the General Directorate for Internal Security (DGSI), has claimed that as many as 150 neighbourhoods across France are “held” by Islamist radicals.
The confidential DGSI report maps out the 150 different neighbourhoods which consist of the notorious Seine-Saint-Denis no-go suburbs of Paris, the suburbs of Lyon and Marseille, all of which have had longstanding issues with radical Islam, newspaper Le Journal du Dimanche reports.
According to the paper, the report also lists the commune of Maubeuge along the Belgian border in the north of France, highlighting the fact that the Union of French Muslim Democrats (UDMF), a Muslim political party, reached as high as 40 per cent in polls and noted, “the situation is alarming."

Some years ago Mrs Jagman and myself visited Paris for a couple of days, herself wanted a hotel with a carpark sp picked one in Sarcelles in Northern Paris.
Bit of a North African ghetto really, we only stayed one night and legged it, I quite liked the place her indoors was seriously unimpressed

Parts of Paris are definately not very French anymore.

My first reaction to reading this is a more succinct version of “what a load of sweaty hairy dangling spheroids”.

Sorry to break it to you, but the total number of deaths isn’t going to be a big political issue, no matter how much you really really want to gain political advantage by exploiting corpses, suffering and sorrow.

The people who will be agitating over the number of deaths in the future will be the same people agitating over the number of deaths in the past.

Most people will be sad and have a grumble or two, but they will feel that covid is a once-in-a-lifetime event that would have resulted in a large number of deaths no matter who was in charge or whatever policies they adopted.

Crap happens.

Instead, they will look at the great job done with vaccinations and take pride in that. Additionally, they will look at the continued chaos across Europe and compare that to the UK’s performance, and realise we’ve done pretty well.

Even if new variants come along and we have a third wave and another lockdown, the population will just shrug their shoulders and wait for the booster jabs.

You’re not going to like this, but I reckon Boris has “won” covid.
I also suspect that, despite the border chaos and the work yet to do on negotiating deals..... Brexit has not yet ended the world either.

The dribblers will be spontaneously combusting from pent up rage.

I was impressed to see Hampshire finest pull over a bloke on a classic scooter yesterday.
And while they were doing that, a large peloton of MAMILS raced past unmolested
Aside/
many years ago (in Stockbridge iirc) a mate was pulled over for excessive speed on his motorbike, the copper clocks his BFG plates and tanned complex and asks slowly “Do you speak English?”
”a leetle” says my mate
”In England, we don’t ride that fast in towns” says copper, wagging his finger,
Mate mumbles an apology and attempts to look admonished while trying not to laugh or breathe beer fumes on the copper...
/aside

I was impressed to see Hampshire finest pull over a bloke on a classic scooter yesterday.
And while they were doing that, a large peloton of MAMILS raced past unmolested
Mamil is an acronym and a pejorative term for a "middle-aged man in lycra" – that is, men who ride an expensive racing bicycle for leisure, while wearing body-hugging jerseys and bicycle shorts. The word was reportedly coined by British marketing research firm Mintel in 2010. Wikipedia

Every day a school day . . . well not quite the same in lock-down ;) !!

These people have gone full Tonto:

"The mantra of Brexit was “take back control” but the Brits’ departure from Brussels means they risk relinquishing their grip on one of their most precious assets: the English language."

Has anyone mentioned Pidgin English to them? They even have their own BBC channel. That is what they are seeking to emulate.
Hilarious.
Erm, I would have thought that if the EU wants to use English of their own, they’ll be like the US. I mean there’s no such language as European. But if there was English would be the closest approximation, on the basis of the old Joke that if they don’t understand just shout Louder.
Handy Hoch Fritz!
And million Mobiles were launched

Aside/
many years ago (in Stockbridge iirc) a mate was pulled over for excessive speed on his motorbike, the copper clocks his BFG plates and tanned complex and asks slowly “Do you speak English?”
”a leetle” says my mate
Mate mumbles an apology and attempts to look admonished while trying not to laugh or breathe beer fumes on the copper...
/aside

A touch like a friend of mine pulled over by the Polizei.

German policeman approaches clocking the B.F.G plates. Mate winds down window.

"Guten tag Herr Wachtmeister was ist los?"

Policeman, Ah I thought you were going to give me the nicht verstehen rubbish I normally get.

You have a brake light out, get it fixed.

No fixed penalty fine, result!!!

Aside/
”a leetle” says my mate
/aside

I had similar from a Guardia Civil outside Barcelona
Louts of shouting on his part, I have not one word of Spanish.
The less I said the more he shouted and put his hand on his gun.

He gave up in the end. He only caught me because I'd pulled over for a fag
He was driving a Seat, I was riding a ZX12R (apparently with to much enthusiasm for his liking)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I would like either WHO and/or IATA to step up on this one. If the EU goes its own way they may as well put yellow stars on all Brits as we must be punished pour encourager les autres.
Fuck me, another one who doesn't understand concentration camp insignia, stars were the insignia for Jews only, the colour denoted all manner of "crimes", pink for homosexual, red for political etc. Are you saying that all Brits are Jews? The common insgnia was a triangle, see pic below:-
1614719804280.png

Last edited:
Fuck me, another one who doesn't understand concentration camp insignia, stars were the insignia for Jews only, the colour denoted all manner of "crimes", pink for homosexual, red for political etc. Are you saying that all Brits are Jews? The common insgnia was a triangle, see pic below:-
View attachment 553978
Oh. I read @Sir Arthur ’s comment re yellow stars as referring to the stars on the EU flag/insignia. Nothing more.

neil82

Old-Salt
Aside/
”a leetle” says my mate
/aside
motorcycle trip to germany, many years ago, bow door of the ferry open, bugger, pissing down and only got the shower suit on, set off looking for somewhere to park and put the heavy waterproofs on, spot a beer can on the grass verge so pull over, flatten the can to go under the side stand and start unpacking the waterproofs. This was just on the outside of Zeebrugge, short fat guy in uniform comes running over "you bloody english, you no park there, go away",, gave him a couple of sentences in welsh and carried on with the waterproofs ignoring him, was only when I was a few miles down the road that I realised he had a rather large pistol strapped to his leg!!!

View attachment 553978
Easy tiger!
It's just an allegory for the historic behaviour of the nazis, compared to the EU and it's Teutonic path to the 4th Reich. Yellow stars will be allocated to all leave voters. Pretty pink stars are reserved for remainers.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
What's with 'Emigrants'? Was it illegal to leave the Reich or what?
Don't ask me, I wasn't even a sparkle in my Dad's eye (he'd have been around 5 at war's end)

Latest Threads