What now for the EU ?

I think that Spain would probably accept "I've had it, honest guv" they are so desperate for tourism to resume.
Agreed. There's no way the likes of Spain, Portugal and Cyprus are going to do anything to further harm tourist industries that are already in intensive care, just to make the incompetent leadership of the EU feel better

Nobbygas

Old-Salt
Those in the EU who dithered and fillibustered, and leapt upon the usual "it is everyone's fault but ours" should hang their heads in shame as tens, hundreds, thousands, perhaps many tens of thousands, of families mourn their losses.
You are looking at things from the wrong angle. The vaccine fiasco is actually being seen as being a success in the world of the European Project.
I'll explain why it is being seen as such.
One of the major problems being reported by the EU was the need to talk, negotiate and agree with the 26 members on the strategy, procurement and costing of the vaccine roll out across the EU. It took time and resulted in the unholy mess we are now witnessing.
The answer to this problem is obvious. The EU needs more power, more integration and even more control over the member states. The EU were hampered by having to talk to the member states and also having to beg for the money needed. Next time the EU needs to act swiftly it can if it has greater control over the decision making process, and the money. This is in everyone's best interest. So, despite thousands more needlessly dying in the EU due to Covid and the slow roll out of any vaccine, the whole fiasco is actually being seen as a success for the European Project. It underlines everything they have been preaching about the EU. The answer is actually more EU.

So, for those supporters of the EU project I am claiming the vaccine fiasco as a success, which is rather sad but sums up the EU project.

Truxx

LE
You are looking at things from the wrong angle. The vaccine fiasco is actually being seen as being a success in the world of the European Project.
I'll explain why it is being seen as such.
One of the major problems being reported by the EU was the need to talk, negotiate and agree with the 26 members on the strategy, procurement and costing of the vaccine roll out across the EU. It took time and resulted in the unholy mess we are now witnessing.
The answer to this problem is obvious. The EU needs more power, more integration and even more control over the member states. The EU were hampered by having to talk to the member states and also having to beg for the money needed. Next time the EU needs to act swiftly it can if it has greater control over the decision making process, and the money. This is in everyone's best interest. So, despite thousands more needlessly dying in the EU due to Covid and the slow roll out of any vaccine, the whole fiasco is actually being seen as a success for the European Project. It underlines everything they have been preaching about the EU. The answer is actually more EU.

So, for those supporters of the EU project I am claiming the vaccine fiasco as a success, which is rather sad but sums up the EU project.
You are of course, correct silly me.

More EU, that's the answer.

Does that count as "reform from within?"

Well worth your oma karking it for.

You could have saved yourself the bother as they don't have to be written at exactly the same time as spoken to be contemp, as I'm sure you know.
I know that, you know that but there's always an enterprising barrister out there. luckily we in Customs did proper procedure and I offered him my notebook to read and asked him to sign-which he did. Belt and braces always.

I would like either WHO and/or IATA to step up on this one. If the EU goes its own way they may as well put yellow stars on all Brits as we must be punished pour encourager les autres.
I agree. It's not like the EU doesn't have previous for rewriting history.

Agreed. There's no way the likes of Spain, Portugal and Cyprus are going to do anything to further harm tourist industries that are already in intensive care, just to make the incompetent leadership of the EU feel better
You make it sound like they have a choice.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, it's been discussed & debated elsewhere so this shouldn't come as any surprise, a covid passport or DGP, Digital Green Pass if you decide to travel with Europe.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In simple terms it seems the EU is desperate for tourists - especially the British ones.

In simple terms it seems the EU is desperate for tourists - especially the British ones.
IMO it's also a failed covid programme distraction.

EU - ok we fecked up big time due to inept, incompetence and political infighting as it takes weeks for 20 odd other MS to form an agreement & take any action while people die of this virus.

In the meantime, our default position is to blame the UK & pharmaceuticals.

Last edited:

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Those in the EU who dithered and fillibustered, and leapt upon the usual "it is everyone's fault but ours" should hang their heads in shame as tens, hundreds, thousands, perhaps many tens of thousands, of families mourn their losses.

tens of thousands?

try 200,000 - with is the estimated death toll their dragging things out trying to chisel a few cents off the price per shot cost.

IMO it's also a failed covid programme distraction.

EU - ok we fecked up big time due to inept, incompetence and political infighting as its takes weeks for 20 odd other MS to form an agreement & take any action while people die of this virus.

In the meantime, our default position is to blame the UK & pharmaceuticals.

Surprisingly, no one pretended to notice that the EU turned to Russia for succour before they would turn to their allies and economic partners dupes for the last 40 years. All before they would admit we were making a good go of it and had a solution. The hatred and misplaced betrayal by the EU council of leaders and their supporters is/was palpable.

Last edited:
tens of thousands?

try 200,000 - with is the estimated death toll their dragging things out trying to chisel a few cents off the price per shot cost.
Oh. Jolly good.
Can we now stop building houses on every freakin' flood plain in sight?

Not going anywhere trust me. The logical way would be for the batch sticker to be placed in a valid Passport If you wish to travel, but the EU are already bleating about those who elect not to have the jab and how you would allow them to travel, that would be a two tier system. FoM movement comes down to what it always was, a conditional concept- just Brussels will not tear up Lisbon. Ferkin Idiots.

Latest Threads