What now for the EU ?

Getting an extra every time I couldn't show 'note book' cured me
Minds me of a time doing a money job, place is in uproar with people in and out, SO nicks me notebook to ring through just as I’m writing an answer to a question. So I write the answer on the back of my hand and then photocopy it?
court the next day, is this note contemporaneous officer? Yes, I wrote it on my hand and then copied it and wrote the answer when I got me NB back.
Do you have the original here then officer?
Well no YH, I’ve washed my hands since, that’s why I took the photocopy.
Good old DJ Snow. “We’ll take that as read then “ with a smirk on his face.

They can
There you go

The Serum institute produces umpteen million vaccines a year, summat daft like 50% of the world's vaccines. To a very good standard too. I'm very surprised that the EU haven't checked them out before now.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
They can

The Serum institute produces umpteen million vaccines a year, summat daft like 50% of the world's vaccines. To a very good standard too. I'm very surprised that the EU haven't checked them out before now.
They probably have but now need to be seen to going through the protocols.

Minds me of a time doing a money job, place is in uproar with people in and out, SO nicks me notebook to ring through just as I’m writing an answer to a question. So I write the answer on the back of my hand and then photocopy it?
court the next day, is this note contemporaneous officer? Yes, I wrote it on my hand and then copied it and wrote the answer when I got me NB back.
Do you have the original here then officer?
Well no YH, I’ve washed my hands since, that’s why I took the photocopy.
Good old DJ Snow. “We’ll take that as read then “ with a smirk on his face.
You could have saved yourself the bother as they don't have to be written at exactly the same time as spoken to be contemp, as I'm sure you know.

You could have saved yourself the bother as they don't have to be written at exactly the same time as spoken to be contemp, as I'm sure you know.

You could have saved even more bother by nipping down the cells and asking whether they wanted to be in the next interview you were just about to be writing up?
All hearsay and totally allegedly of course!;)

exsniffer

Old-Salt
I take it that was said tongue in cheek, especially the concept of coherent thought and then I realised you were talking about a bottle of wine, so perhaps it was apt. As for Merkel I've tried to give credit where it's due but she has wound up with her hands tied, which is exactly what Macron wants.
He does like the older lady

Frankly, and after almost a 100 countries, the only place I've struggled linguistically is Japan, which is probably because the whole place is full of foreigners.

Japanese isn't that difficult (not that I'm fluid in it). It's a language that hasn't been added to by waves of invaders so is fairly simple and straightforward, so my Japanese mother and ex-Nissan English/Japanese/Geordie interpreter tells me.

They've probably only got one word for shit, for example, so no need to learn their versions of poo/excrement/manure/fecal matter/dog egg/etc.

However writing the language is a mountain to climb with something like 10k worth of characters to learn before you can read a daily Japanese newspaper.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Japanese isn't that difficult (not that I'm fluid in it). It's a language that hasn't been added to by waves of invaders so is fairly simple and straightforward, so my Japanese mother and ex-Nissan English/Japanese/Geordie interpreter tells me.

They've probably only got one word for shit, for example, so no need to learn their versions of poo/excrement/manure/fecal matter/dog egg/etc.

However writing the language is a mountain to climb with something like 10k worth of characters to learn before you can read a daily Japanese newspaper.
The biggest problem with Japan is that the streets are complex and all the signs are in Japanese so there's no wriggle room if you get lost. Yokohama at four in the morning isn't for the faint hearted.

Well this shouldn't affect too many people resident in the EU countries, myself included, for the next couple of years going on current vaccination figures.

Just booked me and Mrs Biff in for ours on Friday as they are now taking bookings from 60 in the Brexit wasteland, formerly known as the United Kingdom. :cool: :D
Second visit booked for May.

Well this shouldn't affect too many people resident in the EU countries, myself included, for the next couple of years going on current vaccination figures.

Forget vaccination rates. From experience of being co-opted on to an EU Technical Committee looking into a technical anti-counterfeit solution, they won’t even get close to recommendations for such a card inside a couple of years - if at all: as was the case with what we were looking at.
The Commission would also have to rescind a couple of its anti-competition directives to make it happen.
The anti-counterfeit side comes into play because of the danger of fake cards getting into the system.
The whole thing is far more complicated than they are trying to make out, particularly if they are looking at high-tech, e systems, exacerbated by the EC’s own rules.
Interestingly, the UK has, to my sure knowledge, at least two low-cost, low tech methods of verifying the authenticity of simple documents, such as a vaccination certificate/stamp on a Visa page in your passport.
Sadly, under the current state of relationships, I can’t see the EC accepting those ‘cos Brit aren’t they!
TBH, I think the WHO should step up and introduce a universal, verifiable, cheap, low-tech certificate, such as we used to carry in our passports.
Note to self: Contact WHO with proposal and potential solution.

Fat POM

Old-Salt
Forget vaccination rates. From experience of being co-opted on to an EU Technical Committee looking into a technical anti-counterfeit solution, they won’t even get close to recommendations for such a card inside a couple of years - if at all: as was the case with what we were looking at.
The Commission would also have to rescind a couple of its anti-competition directives to make it happen.
The anti-counterfeit side comes into play because of the danger of fake cards getting into the system.
The whole thing is far more complicated than they are trying to make out, particularly if they are looking at high-tech, e systems, exacerbated by the EC’s own rules.
Interestingly, the UK has, to my sure knowledge, at least two low-cost, low tech methods of verifying the authenticity of simple documents, such as a vaccination certificate/stamp on a Visa page in your passport.
Sadly, under the current state of relationships, I can’t see the EC accepting those ‘cos Brit aren’t they!
TBH, I think the WHO should step up and introduce a universal, verifiable, cheap, low-tech certificate, such as we used to carry in our passports.
I think that Spain would probably accept "I've had it, honest guv" they are so desperate for tourism to resume.

Health Minister has always been an unpopular and difficult job, Corona has made it almost infinitely more difficult. So Jens will soon have the dubious pleasure of watching his own head roll down the road. Pity really, he's quite a nice bloke.
Next please.
Johann Reichhart walt.

Thats why King Sejong invented Hangul in Korea. Only 24 simple characters to learn instead of 10K before, so that peasants and women could become literate.

I would like either WHO and/or IATA to step up on this one. If the EU goes its own way they may as well put yellow stars on all Brits as we must be punished pour encourager les autres.