What now for the EU ?

ACAB

LE
In days gone by ICI used to keep regular contact with Porton Down, because a lot of pesticides were closely related to nerve agents and some stuff was unsuitable for the civvy market but would have been of interest to Porton Down. For that reason I never used fly spray, it does to flies what VX and GB do to us, and if you read the small print it is a bit disconcerting.
I remember that Libya had a humungous amount of fly spray ordered. It went through the "usual channels" who said, hang on, that's enough to make several viable chemical weapons.

It was cancelled

The same thing with Biros. The ink is a pre-curser in a lot of chemical weapons.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
What "mafia vindictive bitterness" is that then? I've seen one particularly bad bit of politics from them, from a bad politician, von der Leyen. Which was corrected pdq when the grownups had a word.

Other than that, this is what you voted for.

Perhaps you should try among others one Sylvie Bermann

I remember that Libya had a humungous amount of fly spray ordered. It went through the "usual channels" who said, hang on, that's enough to make several viable chemical weapons.

It was cancelled

The same thing with Biros. The ink is a pre-curser in a lot of chemical weapons.
Having lived in Libya as a kid, I can guarantee that fly spray was required in huge quantities. The flies alone are a viable chemical weapon

It was cancelled

Is that where the term 'poison pen letter' originates?

I think he can remember when a 5p coin would fit in any 1DM vending machine. Which is why we always brought a shitload back from leave.
Ah, I see what you mean !

I was going to point out that the DM was worth about 1/9d from the time it was introduced in 1948 until the mid-60s. That's about 9p to the mark.

Wish I hadn't bothered.

I’m already hearing people comment on HMGs poor procurement process during this that has cost us money. As you can guess, they all seem to be remain voters.

They tried that late last year. One of the European politicians tweeted the cost they were paying, and a lot of people jumped on the 'ha! Stupid Brits! should have joined the EU vaccination program!' band wagon.

Things have gone strangely quiet now.

Wish I hadn't bothered.
:rolleyes:
Bearing in mind the Old 5 P was in fact a newer version of the Shilling old stylee...... Oh never m:Dind
Nope, from memory Sarin has lots of chemicals in common with those found within Biros.
ISTR that I was always warned as a kid not to write on my hand with Biro, the back of the hand being a useful notepad, cos it was Carcinogenic or wotever that makes sense.

HCL

LE
I said I knew the history. Can't you read?

You have no idea what I think about the EU @creepy_guy but don't let it stop you being hysterical

I've given the threads various plenty of my original thoughts, not my fault if you're too busy covering your screen with spittle to notice.

<snigger> KGB_Resident is a gen poster, he does troll a lot but if you suckers let him rile you up it isn't my problem.

So much spittle... a bombhead deffo shagged your missus. I can understand the permarage....

So to be clear, you're unable to follow coherent thought from Macon and unable to give any evidence in respect of Merkel?

Always lead with the same insults when you can't twist away. Fishing for persec too. Tut tut.

Never mind, bombhead, never mind, eh.

HCL

LE
Fascinating political commentary and cod psychology.

Clearly you are the calibre of man who can complete the Sun Crossword in three days.

Who knew so much untapped genius resides in housing schemes and council estate bedsits around the country.

A personal response. I shall print it off, frame it and then stick it in the bin.

Always lead with the same insults when you can't twist away. Fishing for persec too. Tut tut.

Never mind, bombhead, never mind, eh.
Mentalism - still can't answer the questions?

I can remember the Turkish taxi drivers asking if we had any 5ps to sell.
An idiot Air Trooper arriving at the German border with a tyre through to the inner tube and a spare the same. Hit a kerb, bent the steering and just kept going. Stopped at the border and also had about £50 worth of shilling pieces confiscated. Visit to the OC with the SSM in attendance!!!!

Truxx

LE
Indeed, there is an element of comparing apples and oranges with both the raw numbers and percentages of the population vaccinated. Care must always be taken in comparisons.
Israel has done a sterling job vaccinating their population, nothing can alter that fact, but their population is very small, the country isn't that physically large and their health services swung into action as soon as the vaccine was sourced. Proper job, well done.
In the same time the UK has a population approaching ten times the size (the 68 million official UK pop is known to be hugely inaccurate) and has vaccinated approaching 20 million people and rising.

It's slightly amusing to see EU leaders leaping on the reverso-cycles after they talked down the Astra Zenica vaccine and they then realised they were facing refusals from their populations that had believed their bullshit.
Trashing the A-Z vaccine was clearly an anti Britain tactic, that yet again has backfired on the clowns running the EU.
Those in the EU who dithered and fillibustered, and leapt upon the usual "it is everyone's fault but ours" should hang their heads in shame as tens, hundreds, thousands, perhaps many tens of thousands, of families mourn their losses.

They tried that late last year. One of the European politicians tweeted the cost they were paying, and a lot of people jumped on the 'ha! Stupid Brits! should have joined the EU vaccination program!' band wagon.

Things have gone strangely quiet now.

Oh yes, another strand in the anti UK disinformation agenda leaked, funnily enough, by a Belgian nonentity politico and how they all laughed.
It now seems that the EU procurement programme using EU based pharma has come off the rails and they are looking further to the east to put the wheel back on the pram.

Exclusive: EU audits Indian vaccine maker as AstraZeneca looks to boost supplies to the bloc - source​

Can't post the link but look on Reuters front page of today.
All of this going on while, as posted yesterday, 4 out of 5 Oxford AZ jabs sent to the EU are in storage and not being used.
A shining example and a beacon of excellence on how not to let the EU run anything that affects peoples lives anywhere at all.
Certainly not those involving urgent life or death decision making obviously.
Outstanding Uschi, you are an example to us all and are assured of your place in history, but not perhaps to be filed where you think it should be.

Latest Threads