What now for the EU ?

Autoject? Pah! What was wrong with sticking the wire up the needle to break the seal, stick the needle in and roll up the tube whilst twitching like a sh*tting dog?*
Squaddies these days - no idea how to multi task...

*if you understand this, you are officially older than dirt...
:sad::cry::cry:

Naw, bombhead, I'm not playing your stupid Twatter game of selectively (mis) quoting and (mis) attributions (is that the right word?). You've forgotten Macron saying the vaccine was quasi-effective for the 65+, and Mutti quasi-effectivly backing him up.

Still the shallow Eurine shill, bombhead. If you ever had an original thought or opinion of your own I believe most of Arrse might cut you some slack for being the dullest of trolls on here. Even the troll teams behind earth and kgb_resident have shown more originality and humour in posting their party lies than you ever have. You make Ebenezer Balfour look like the 1970s Billy Connolly.

N. B. Is quasi-effective a literal Englander translation of something from the language of white flags? I'm no scholar but something works or it doesn't surely? It cannot pretend to? Even our resident doctor doctor MMA champ wouldn't fcek up that badly, I think.
Fascinating political commentary and cod psychology.

Clearly you are the calibre of man who can complete the Sun Crossword in three days.

Who knew so much untapped genius resides in housing schemes and council estate bedsits around the country.

Last edited:
I'm ignoring nothing, they didn't do it out of spite. As posted, Macron changed his mind when the evidence changed.

We're in no position to lecture anyone about how many have died. Are we? That's not bitter malice though, that's incompetence - on their part and on ours.

Yeah I’m not sure anyone has handled it well to be honest. Like the criticisms of the EU and Russia. Some members of the ARRSE Parish council seem to have forgotten we often let Russia randomly murder people on our soil with only a stern “shut up and go away” from our now education minister as the deterrent.

I'm ignoring nothing, they didn't do it out of spite. As posted, Macron changed his mind when the evidence changed.

We're in no position to lecture anyone about how many have died. Are we? That's not bitter malice though, that's incompetence - on their part and on ours.

Depends on how you look at the numbers. I suspect that in a year or two's time when excess deaths are properly examined no european country will come out of the death scores much better or worse than its neighbours.
Time will tell but I don't think the UK has done any worse than anybody else to be honest

As for not malice, I disagree.
The EU (including Merkel and Macron) actively sought to denigrate the effectiveness of the AZ vaccine in an effort to divert attention from their piss poor procurment program.
Consequently europeans are croaking it rather than take the AZ vaccine,

Consequence of malice? I'd say so.

I'm not a fan of seeing the pandemic response through the Brexit prism but there has to be a point when we say "The EU has behaved spitefully and with malice towards the UK and it's own population."

It can't be ignored by whataboutery or Ostrich-Sand Interfaces.

Autoject? Pah! What was wrong with sticking the wire up the needle to break the seal, stick the needle in and roll up the tube whilst twitching like a sh*tting dog?*
Squaddies these days - no idea how to multi task...

*if you understand this, you are officially older than dirt...
that's me older than dirt then

I'm not a fan of seeing the pandemic response through the Brexit prism but there has to be a point when we say "The EU has behaved spitefully and with malice towards the UK and it's own population."

It can't be ignored by whataboutery or Ostrich-Sand Interfaces.

I would be inclined to agree with you, but we are talking about the EU and they clearly did do so.

What concerns me more than the poliical manouvering by the EU is that they put saving political face before the lives of the people of the EU
If some accounts are to believed the unnecessary deaths because of it will be in the hundreds of thousands.

Somebody needs to be held to account for that.

For my sins on exersize with the Harriers I had to hang out with the medics and MO. The advice on atropine was obtained from them, at the time it was the only known answer.
As stated in my post the autojects were only issued on outbreak of war or immediately beforehand.

I understand now, you’re RAF, I thought you were military.

Check the casualty’s pupils, if they are pin point, jab them, if dilated, don’t.

After the initial impetus of the vaccination campaign though, it seems too many people can't be bothered.
There was a report on german TV last week showing the scenes at israeli vaccination centres during the initial phase and the situation now. It started with lots of people getting vaccinated quickly and now empty lines. Apparently it's the younger people who are showing the most disinterest, for whatever reason.

It would have to be extremely rapid, going back to NBC training in RAFG and BAOR, when nerve agents were suspected or anticipated it was "be in time mask in 9", ie react PDFQ or die. At the first sign of nerve agent poisoning an autoject was used to inject atropine, each person carried 3 and it was a case of keep jabbing until the symptoms went away or you died. Everyone was trained annually to help himself and his mates.
The autojects, a spring loaded syringe, were kept at unit level and would have been issued on the outbreak of war or immediately beforehand. No great feat of admin involved really.
For civilian purposes in Israel I should imagine that army units kept sufficient stocks for all their personnel and civvy medical centres and pharmacies would carry stocks for the civpop.
Vaccination against Corona can be carried out in a more relaxed manner!

Came across atropine in an unusual way. I was working in East Africa on a job where they were spraying quelea
birds. The question was asked what if the aircraft crashes and the pilot gets covered in this shit what is the antidote? The supplier was asked and the answer was atropine!! So we were spraying a nerve agent!!!

Fascinating political commentary and cod psychology.

Clearly you are the calibre of man who can complete the Sun Corssword in three days.

Who knew so much untapped genius resides in housing schemes and council estate bedsits around the country.
Corssword doesn't fit.
Put the cart away for the night, 'arold?