What now for the EU ?

I’m expecting AstraZeneca vaccinations to be null and void when done outside the U.K. and the rest of the world excluding the U.K.

There’s a lot of very p*ssed off politicians on the continent attempting to deflect a huge amount of criticism against them in our direction.
Brussels self accountability was never the EU's forte.

I see the US has given J&J emergency licence for its one dose so I expect other manufacturers to be fully involved as part of a international effort.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In various german news reports in the last 24 hrs, the AZ vaccine has been rehabilitated and found to be easily up to the job. In Mönchengladbach where I live AZ has been used and nobody has turned up his nose at it. The mayor does not understand what all the fuss has been about.
What a turn around.

Seen on midday TV a talk show involving journos in various different countries talking live about Corona.
What still mystifies the Germans and a few others is how Israel is steaming ahead with vaccinations well in front of the EU. Israel has been dubbed, with justification, the world champion of vaccination. I suspect that it is a mixture of facts, one of which is Israel for the israelis, no interference from outside. Simplification of admin and organisation also play a role, only 4 health insurance companies each of which has its own doctors and surgeries. Anyone with an israeli insurance gets the jab, including Palestinians working in Israel.

In various german news reports in the last 24 hrs, the AZ vaccine has been rehabilitated and found to be easily up to the job. In Mönchengladbach where I live AZ has been used and nobody has turned up his nose at it. The mayor does not understand what all the fuss has been about.
What a turn around.
The excellent is for your post but also for the excellent news that people are getting the jab.

Seen on midday TV a talk show involving journos in various different countries talking live about Corona.
What still mystifies the Germans and a few others is how Israel is steaming ahead with vaccinations well in front of the EU. Israel has been dubbed, with justification, the world champion of vaccination. I suspect that it is a mixture of facts, one of which is Israel for the israelis, no interference from outside. Simplification of admin and organisation also play a role, only 4 health insurance companies each of which has its own doctors and surgeries. Anyone with an israeli insurance gets the jab, including Palestinians working in Israel.
I read somewhere last month that the izzies s have gamed in the past rapid inoculation of anti nerve agent ( or some such) serum, population wide. so a plan may have been ready to go.

I read somewhere last month that the izzies s have gamed in the past rapid inoculation of anti nerve agent ( or some such) serum, population wide. so a plan may have been ready to go.
It would have to be extremely rapid, going back to NBC training in RAFG and BAOR, when nerve agents were suspected or anticipated it was "be in time mask in 9", ie react PDFQ or die. At the first sign of nerve agent poisoning an autoject was used to inject atropine, each person carried 3 and it was a case of keep jabbing until the symptoms went away or you died. Everyone was trained annually to help himself and his mates.
The autojects, a spring loaded syringe, were kept at unit level and would have been issued on the outbreak of war or immediately beforehand. No great feat of admin involved really.
For civilian purposes in Israel I should imagine that army units kept sufficient stocks for all their personnel and civvy medical centres and pharmacies would carry stocks for the civpop.
Vaccination against Corona can be carried out in a more relaxed manner!

...don't forget a population size of only 9,000,000 as well.

The UK has vaccinated over twice as many...

You going to ignore the bit about France and germany being disparaging about the AZ vaccine in order to gloss over their own shortcomings then?

Tell me again how many europeans are going to die because of the EU's dishonesty and inpetitude on vaccines?

Tens and tens of thousands are going to die needlessly if this situation keeps up within Europe.
Anyone with half a brain can see why some eastern countries are looking elsewhere outside the EU scheme.

This was the situation as reported on Thursday.
Outstanding, another case for reforming from within obviously.

Interesting read in The Mail on Sunday by a German MEP,who is scathing about his Government and, Merkel in particular, given the research results coming to light about the efficacy of the Oxford A/Z vaccine and, it's performance in the over 65's.

Also scathing about the comprehension of the morons in the Bundestag,reading and quoting figures that have no bearing on trial results.

A case in point being: German medical 'experts' quoting "only an 8% long term success rate in over 65's",when the 8% mentioned in the trial report,refers to the percentage of over 65's that took part in the trial...this is the same 8% that Merkel chose to use,to justify not vaccinating the over 65's with the A/Z vaccine.

That women and, EU leaders in general,have a lot to answer for in the next 12 months...maybe even longer ! :mad:

It might have been journalistic licence on the nerve bit, but the gist was the Red Sea pedestrians allready had work ups for mass vaccinations.
Think that they take CBRN quite seriously considering some of the fruit loops they deal with that talk of wiping them out.

True, but these things are relative.

The bigger one's population the more people a nation is likely to have who are trained and authorised to vaccinate. Personally I think that the rate of vaccination per percentage of population is a better indicator of speed of delivery.

Additionally I'd like to see what rate of vaccine hesitancy Israel has. UK is suffering from a plethora of differing religions all having (false) information reducing take up. One of these is Orthodox Judaism, as I understand it.

Rest assured I am in no way failing to reflect the magnificent job that Israel has done; I'm just looking for comparing like with like. The rest of the world, too, can look at Israel and see what impact vaccination is having on the population at large.

Tyk

LE

Indeed, there is an element of comparing apples and oranges with both the raw numbers and percentages of the population vaccinated. Care must always be taken in comparisons.
Israel has done a sterling job vaccinating their population, nothing can alter that fact, but their population is very small, the country isn't that physically large and their health services swung into action as soon as the vaccine was sourced. Proper job, well done.
In the same time the UK has a population approaching ten times the size (the 68 million official UK pop is known to be hugely inaccurate) and has vaccinated approaching 20 million people and rising.

It's slightly amusing to see EU leaders leaping on the reverso-cycles after they talked down the Astra Zenica vaccine and they then realised they were facing refusals from their populations that had believed their bullshit.
Trashing the A-Z vaccine was clearly an anti Britain tactic, that yet again has backfired on the clowns running the EU.

Hands, too much, on their, time. Rearrange this well known phrase or saying.

Hmm .. like this "When people say that the devil finds work for idle hands, they mean that if people don't have anything to do with their time, they are more likely to get involved in trouble,. criminality and stupidity."
And that certainly applies to the thousands of Drones that work in Brussels!!

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Interesting read in The Mail on Sunday by a German MEP,who is scathing about his Government and, Merkel in particular, given the research results coming to light about the efficacy of the Oxford A/Z vaccine and, it's performance in the over 65's.

Also scathing about the comprehension of the morons in the Bundestag,reading and quoting figures that have no bearing on trial results.

A case in point being: German medical 'experts' quoting "only an 8% long term success rate in over 65's",when the 8% mentioned in the trial report,refers to the percentage of over 65's that took part in the trial...this is the same 8% that Merkel chose to use,to justify not vaccinating the over 65's with the A/Z vaccine.

That women and, EU leaders in general,have a lot to answer for in the next 12 months...maybe even longer ! :mad:

politicians lied, and thousands of Germans died

I partially concur, the EU is unlikely to fall apart, however it's causing itself endless amounts of self damage, it's credibility & reputation is consistent of toxic politics & poor decision making & that stems from the top.

The EU mafia's vindictive bitterness post Brexit is tangibly well known, I strongly suspect pt 2 of the current negotiations will turn even more ugly while Brussels continues lashing out at Lord Frost appointment.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about all being well & the EU will carry on, they have lost the 2nd biggest contributor to the Ponzi scheme and there is no agreement how they will keep funding their grandiose schemes.
snip "EU countries failed to narrow deep differences over the bloc’s next seven-year budget as a group of net contributors refused to approve bigger spending and instead pushed for big cuts for farmers and poorer regions, in a bid to fill a €75 billion hole left by Brexit."
I think this will lead, sooner or later, to the messy implosion of the whole farce, especially when wage bills cannot be paid!

I'm not sure about all being well & the EU will carry on, they have lost the 2nd biggest contributor to the Ponzi scheme and there is no agreement how they will keep funding their grandiose schemes.
snip "EU countries failed to narrow deep differences over the bloc’s next seven-year budget as a group of net contributors refused to approve bigger spending and instead pushed for big cuts for farmers and poorer regions, in a bid to fill a €75 billion hole left by Brexit."
I think this will lead, sooner or later, to the messy implosion of the whole farce, especially when wage pension bills cannot be paid!
There’s many former troughers who will be underwhelmed when the teat dries up. Which would be as funny as it gets

It would have to be extremely rapid, going back to NBC training in RAFG and BAOR, when nerve agents were suspected or anticipated it was "be in time mask in 9", ie react PDFQ or die. At the first sign of nerve agent poisoning an autoject was used to inject atropine, each person carried 3 and it was a case of keep jabbing until the symptoms went away or you died. Everyone was trained annually to help himself and his mates.
The autojects, a spring loaded syringe, were kept at unit level and would have been issued on the outbreak of war or immediately beforehand. No great feat of admin involved really.
For civilian purposes in Israel I should imagine that army units kept sufficient stocks for all their personnel and civvy medical centres and pharmacies would carry stocks for the civpop.

Good job it wasn't for real, you’d have killed lots of people with atropine poisoning.

Mufulira42

Old-Salt

Our Prancing Popinjay PM announced a day ago that AZ is now OK for use in Canada but it is carefully sectioned off to +80's, Indigenous communities. economically disadvantaged, Front-line workers (5*), and of course Toronto and Ottawa getting doses ahead of schedule --- nothing like being a politician as you can jump the queue.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Stay alive, mask in 5! ;)