What now for the EU ?

Arse_Bandit

Old-Salt
I wouldn't. The EU is now going to move heaven and earth to make sure that everything is the fault of the English and will ramp up anti-English feeling whenever it can. Ultimately the tactic will fail but I think it's going to get nastier before it gets better.

The EU technocracy is largely formed from the heirs of those who spent the 1920s and 1930s promoting the belief that the state knew best and all that went with it. They will do whatever they feel they need to do to and believe they can get away with in order to stay in control.

Current estimates suggest an additional EU death toll of 200,000 because of trying to stick one on us over Covid vaccine, which is a very clear indication of where their priorities lie and what they're prepared to accept when they feel threatened.
The EU might try, but it wouldn't really have any effect on the locals to my little cottage, nor the individual rules & regulations of Germay as a whole, no matter what control the EU thinks it has. Can you imagine what Italy, Spain and Portugal will do if instructed to "punish the English"!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The EU might try, but it wouldn't really have any effect on the locals to my little cottage, nor the individual rules & regulations of Germay as a whole, no matter what control the EU thinks it has. Can you imagine what Italy, Spain and Portugal will do if instructed to "punish the English"!
They wouldn't be asked to punish the English, they'd simply be subjected to remorseless spin that anything going wrong was somehow to do with us. The rest would follow naturally.

Just bring some ouf our fish and our vaccine doses and you are welcome.

Normally, the normal population no longer tends to attack strangers with torches and pitchforks, not even the English. This artificially created dispute is entirely the EU's fault, and personal contact with the "enemy" usually ends very quickly in "let's go for a drink".

philc

LE
Ursula Undress is banging the from for the EU Army today and working with NATO.

It will never happen, another dream that will end up the way of all dreams.
When you wake up, or are forced to wake up.

There are important national elections in major countries this year and next year, and people are not going to forget the piss-poor performance of this shower when the EU political classes showed their true colours, yet again.
No-mark national failures as politicians playing with peoples lives across Europe will be remembered for that fact.

Ursula Undress is banging the from for the EU Army today and working with NATO.

...after her performance as the German Defence Minister I wouldn't let her anywhere near control over any military...

Edited to add - pipped at the post by @Krautman :)

And somehow it will be the English's fault that they have.
But surely it's your fault.
The French generally don't make their flags out of silk anymore, having lost the odd Oriflamme to you know who in the past.

Now they use fabric that is cheaper, like cotton. A little more than 200 years ago in 1806, Napoleon imposed the Continental Blockade against Great Britain in Berlin. Cotton was also affected. When the little French necrophile follows in Napoleon's footsteps, it will happen again and you will be to blame.

So not only did you steal our fish and our vaccine, but you also prevented our cotton for the French white flags from reaching the continent in sufficient quantities, you nasty little Englanders.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
And somehow it will be the English's fault that they have.
We could always use the PPE factories to start production of white flags to sell to the fFrench!

'S funny, the Hermans are now saying that the AZ stuff is all right and anyone refusing the jab with AZ is simply taken off the list and has to wait their turn for the Pfizer stuff, which could take months.
Silly that's the good EU AstraZeneca vaccine not the bad UK Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine

Silly that's the good EU AstraZeneca vaccine not the bad UK Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine

Ah! Now I understand, sort of.
Being a bit more serious, if and when it's my turn I won't really care if it's the Pfizer stuff or AZ, or at a pinch even the Sputnik stuff just as long as I don't turn into a Putin robot.

Ah! Now I understand, sort of.
Being a bit more serious, if and when it's my turn I won't really care if it's the Pfizer stuff or AZ, or at a pinch even the Sputnik stuff just as long as I don't turn into a Putin robot.
Watch out, the Sputnik one is deployed using a huge turkey baster up the ricker.

Latest Threads