Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Nope, 500 a day in our region judging by the number of appointments offered.
Not looking good for the health minister who reckons it will be up to 70% of the population vaccinated by the end of August, nor Manny who says anyone that wants a jab will be offered one by the end of summer.
On the news yesterday was the fact that only 33,000 GPs have registered (out of 190,000+) to be able to give the vaccine when the next tranche of the population is eligible.
In my region, it is roughly 300 per day, for a population of ~100,000. Across Germany the average daily number of vaccinations for the last 7 days is 129,700 for the whole country, for a population of 83 Mill. My current forecast date for a vaccination is somewhere between 30th May and 13 September. I am under 60 with no co-morbidities.

At the moment they are still exclusively on over 80's and other very high risk candidates. I would however bet all my considerable savings, that the majority (If not all) of the federal cabinet have had their first vaccination.

In my region, it is roughly 300 per day, for a population of ~100,000. Across Germany the average daily number of vaccinations for the last 7 days is 129,700 for the whole country, for a population of 83 Mill. My current forecast date for a vaccination is somewhere between 30th May and 13 September. I am under 60 with no co-morbidities.

At the moment they are still exclusively on over 80's and other very high risk candidates. I would however bet all my considerable savings, that the majority (If not all) of the federal cabinet have had their first vaccination.
A welcome change from the ancien regime.

Are those numbers reflected country wide do you know? If so do you foresee a summer of riots.
Dunno about country wide, I don't see it being a lot different anywhere to be honest.
Look up this site, pick a region and total up all the numbers from each vaccination centre.
Then divide that by the population of that region.
(I'm retired and don't have the time!)

Rioting? I think that I have said on here before that France could not be governed if the people didn't want to be, as told to me by a Frenchman who was deadly serious.
I believe him too having lived here a while, and I agree with their attitudes in certain respects.
Just look at the effectiveness of the Gilets Jaunes when fuel prices hit a certain price because of an increase in fuel duty.
That soon got scrapped and a national debate ensued, even Manny went on tour and visited places he had never heard of, and actually listened to the common man.
I just wish that we Brits would engage in a bit of direct action, it would keep our slothful politicians on their toes, maybe listen to us plebs and perhaps even get results.
(Last and only time I remember was that blockade of the fuel terminals when petrol/diesel hit £1 a litre in 2000.)
I hope we don't see rioting here over it, I think we just recently avoided a third lockdown when it all went off in Amsterdam and that is my personal opinion as to why it didn't happen here.

I just wish that we Brits would engage in a bit of direct action, it would keep our slothful politicians on their toes, maybe listen to us plebs and perhaps even get results.
I would suggest that the Referendum result was exactly that, just in a more, British, poke-you-in-the-chest-with-my-pipe sort of way.

I think that he's being a bit pessimistic, the figures seem to indicate that the situation is stable, with a slight downwards tendency. The mutations however are the joker in the pack as nobody seems to be able to be able or willing to assess their real possibilities. They crop up in different areas at very different intensities.
Having said that Lauterbach does know what he's talking about, it's just that other experts are holding back on doomsday warnings.

Ref first, second and third waves, a leading virologist, prof Hendrik Streek, said that there are no waves as such, just varying intensities. A true wave situation would only arise if Corona were to be stamped out and then return.

I will see your first vaccination and raise you that most (if not all) will have had their second, but very discreetly.
There have been a couple of extra centres opened here but nothing on the industrial scale that the UK has managed.
It was only last week that France hit the 1 million vaccinated mark so there is definitely room for improvement.
Your figure of 300 a day for circa 100,000 peeps is far more efficient than 500 a day for 600,000.
I am taking an old boy tomorrow to get his first jab and may well find out some more from the horses bouche.
Still not looking good from where either of us are sitting though, merci Brussels. :D

Across Germany the average daily number of vaccinations for the last 7 days is 129,700 for the whole country, for a population of 83 Mill. My current forecast date for a vaccination is somewhere between 30th May and 13 September. I am under 60 with no co-morbidities.

That's about 3 hours in the UK... I keep making these comparisons, just to drive home how utterly different the outcomes are.

That's about 3 hours in the UK... I keep making these comparisons, just to drive home how utterly different the outcomes are.
It is almost as if the EU are wilfully ignoring the fact that the first country to stand up its economy after this kerfuffle will have a supreme advantage, or perhaps they just don't care of any life-form that exists outside of Brussels?

If our great, infallible and devoted to the country government and its vassals should really already be vaccinated, it is only that we all, as loyal and dependent subjugates, can be sure that this providentially sent government of ours can continue to work tirelessly for the good of the country and the EU.
Anyone who would claim otherwise - after all, you don't criticise Gods - is a defeatist and Wehrkraftzersetzer.
Mutti will lead us to the final victory.

Latest Threads