Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

I took my mother to the on in York

Arrived and went into a queue of about 300 cars thought we'd be there for hours.
All volunteers stood out in the snow directing the cars.
Held the letter up to the drivers window as per the instruction told "Red tent"
Went down marshalled into a parking spot and off she went into the red tent
Red tent was NHS - Green Tent was Forces

In and out in 25 minutes and that included her sitting for 15 minutes

Very well organised indeed

My wife got her jab at a local health centre last wednesday. Waited for five minutes then waved in, checked her details - DOB etc, jab and waved straight out. Told to wait for 10 minutes before leaving if she was driving or walking. Told the nurse that I was picking her up in the car and she was allowed straight out...

Very well organised. I've got my jab at the same place this friday afternoon.

snip

Bit rich from a labourite in the 60s but quite appropriate for today. Boris likes parking his tanks on labour's lawn, he should nick it and wind kneesalot right up.

Edited to add the following. (IE. to a time when we were not tied to the EEC/EU) to leave no room for doubt about what I meant.

Boris likes parking his tanks on labour's lawn,

Made me laugh... ;-)

oldbaldy

LE
Didn't remain voters tell us that science in the UK would be finished without the geniuses from the E.U?

We were supposed to go back 50 years without any science or technology.
You mean the geniuses who refused to move to Amsterdam with EMA. :)

I do agree with what you've said, but on that particular point, it seems to be going as well as the Vaccine rollout!

Simply because when you've got foreigners flailing away at you, suddenly defending those foreigners becomes very very difficult to mentally process. Which is why the negative BREXIT stories have dried up to a trickle. What they're actually doing is improving our national cohesion.

I'd love to get some hard data on that, but I fear we'd be encountering the 'Shy Remainer', bit like the 'Shy Tory' or the phenomenon of the colossal size of the French resistance during the Second World War.

My bold surely you mean collaboration !

Not forgetting that Waterloo is in Belgium, although back then it was Neddy Turf.

Ah yes and Trafalgar is closer to Spain/Portugal, but it was still those troublesome Frogs who were routed along with a few Dago's in Trafalgar's case!

Boris likes parking his tanks on labour's lawn,

Made me laugh... ;-)
DJSUn2vXcAET_zu.jpg

"Sorry boss we cant depress the 120 enough for a shot, the twat has taken a knee again, permission to have a go with the gimpy?"

There's a level of qualification require to inject someone with stuff (I think that's for the best to be honest!) so the limit is how many people with x qual does the military have spare.

There are about 2000 scab lifters in the Army but I was thinking more of setting up areas and doing admin.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
There are about 2000 scab lifters in the Army but I was thinking more of setting up areas and doing admin.
Most vocational DMS staff already work in the NHS and there have been quite a lot of MACA tastings.

civvy

Old-Salt
I took my mother to the on in York

Arrived and went into a queue of about 300 cars thought we'd be there for hours.
All volunteers stood out in the snow directing the cars.
Held the letter up to the drivers window as per the instruction told "Red tent"
Went down marshalled into a parking spot and off she went into the red tent
Red tent was NHS - Green Tent was Forces

In and out in 25 minutes and that included her sitting for 15 minutes

Very well organised indeed

I walked to our centre. Arrived at the door.
No queue.
Letter checked.
Go to reception, safety checklist checked. Pointed down corridor to the right to the cubicle.
Nursey standing waving at cubicle. "Cooee".
"Stand behind this chair and give me your right arm". Job done.
Collect paperwork off assisstant. "Turn left for exit".
Go out of the door.

I doubt that I was there more than 3 minutes. No 15 minute wait either.
It was the Oxford jab and I marvelled at the efficiency of the operation.

Latest Threads