What now for the EU ?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I had a text message yesterday morning inviting me to book an appointment so I'm off out this morning to get my jab.

If I come back and start wibbling about rejoining the EU and warning about the Illuminati and the NWO then you'll know the nanobots will have got inside my brain, altered my DNA and made me receptive to the subliminal messages being beamed out via 5G. Now where's my tin foil titfer, just in case.
You do know that they inject it into your arm and not your head?

If they don't want to dish it out to themselves then there's more for us and we can immunise our citizens even more quickly.

How? Unless they start equipping NHS vaccinators with machine guns firing the syringes I don't see how we can get it into people's arms any quicker. At one point we were vaccinating people at a rate of 13 every second! That may have been the UK only as well (I forget where I got the data from)!

How? Unless they start equipping NHS vaccinators with machine guns firing the syringes I don't see how we can get it into people's arms any quicker. At one point we were vaccinating people at a rate of 13 every second! That may have been the UK only as well (I forget where I got the data from)!

Increase the use of the military would be one option.

Most pubs have a darts team doing nothing...

syrup

LE

I took my mother to the on in York

Arrived and went into a queue of about 300 cars thought we'd be there for hours.
All volunteers stood out in the snow directing the cars.
Held the letter up to the drivers window as per the instruction told "Red tent"
Went down marshalled into a parking spot and off she went into the red tent
Red tent was NHS - Green Tent was Forces

In and out in 25 minutes and that included her sitting for 15 minutes

Very well organised indeed

If they don't want to dish it out to themselves then there's more for us and we can immunise our citizens even more quickly. Once we've completed that and we have spare capacity we can donate whatever's left over, and there will be a lot, to third world countries and countries who are in desperate need of it.
It's ours anyway. Feck them.

I took my mother to the on in York

Arrived and went into a queue of about 300 cars thought we'd be there for hours.
All volunteers stood out in the snow directing the cars.
Held the letter up to the drivers window as per the instruction told "Red tent"
Went down marshalled into a parking spot and off she went into the red tent
Red tent was NHS - Green Tent was Forces

In and out in 25 minutes and that included her sitting for 15 minutes

Very well organised indeed

I'd guess well over 75% of the entire pandemic response has been well organised, and just about every aspect of the vaccination program.

The Cv19 report, when it comes out, is going to be declared a whitewash and lies by the Labour supporters.

It's ours anyway. Feck them.
One thing about the whole AZ bad thing is that Oxford voted remain quite substantially in the referendum.

I am assuming a number of the people who developed the vaccine voted remain, I wonder what they make of the EU saying their product is crap....while threatening to steal as much of other people's supply of said vaccine as possible.....all the while repeating themselves about how crap it is.

I find the irony that a vaccine developed in this country in a remain voting area might be a large nail in the coffin of the EU delicious.

syrup

LE
One thing about the whole AZ bad thing is that Oxford voted remain quite substantially in the referendum.

I am assuming a number of the people who developed the vaccine voted remain, I wonder what they make of the EU saying their product is crap....while threatening to steal as much of other people's supply of said vaccine as possible.....all the while repeating themselves about how crap it is.

I find the irony that a vaccine developed in this country in a remain voting area might be a large nail in the coffin of the EU delicious.

Didn't remain voters tell us that science in the UK would be finished without the geniuses from the E.U?

We were supposed to go back 50 years without any science or technology.

My dear old ma, bless her, is in her late 70s and lives in Spain. She doesn't have the first idea when she's likely to be vaccinated but she doubts it will be any time soon. I had a text message yesterday morning inviting me to book an appointment so I'm off out this morning to get my jab.
If it is anything like France she may have a bit of a wait.
I did a bit of maths yesterday and at the current rate of 500 vaccinations a day our region will take 4 years to finish up on 1st jabs.
Or 3 years 8 months for that magic figure of 70%.
The next region over is doing 300 a day and will take 2 years at their rate of jabbing.
Unless someone gets a serious kick up the arrse and sorts this out things are not looking good for that world-beating EU procurement programme (directed by a former interpreter on €254,000 a year plus allowances).

Didn't remain voters tell us that science in the UK would be finished without the geniuses from the E.U?

We were supposed to go back 50 years without any science or technology.
My ability to pick up high tones is not what it was so much of the almost ultra sonic whining since 2016 was lost on me.

Good job we didn't wait for the genitals of the EU to fund the vaccine effort.....good old British taxpayer did the heavy lifting on that one and the world should not be allowed to forget it.

We are going back 50 years or more (IE. to a time when we were not tied to the EEC/EU), but with modern science and technology, and without the unions strangling the life out of the place. Remember this from Harold Wilson in 1963?

"The Britain that is going to be forged in the white heat of this revolution will be no place for restrictive practices or for outdated methods on either side of industry"

Bit rich from a labourite in the 60s but quite appropriate for today. Boris likes parking his tanks on labour's lawn, he should nick it and wind kneesalot right up.

Edited to add the following. (IE. to a time when we were not tied to the EEC/EU) to leave no room for doubt about what I meant.

Last edited:
I did a bit of maths yesterday and at the current rate of 500 vaccinations a day our region will take 4 years to finish up on 1st jabs.
The next region over is doing 300 a day and will take 2 years at their rate of jabbing.
Unless someone gets a serious kick up the arrse and sorts this out things are not looking good for that world-beating EU procurement programme (directed by a former interpreter on €254,000 a year plus allowances).

What? 500 per day? Not 5,000

Because 500 per day is about 40 seconds work in the UK.

This is how the EU will implode.

What? 500 per day? Not 5,000

Because 500 per day is about 40 seconds work in the UK.
Nope, 500 a day in our region judging by the number of appointments offered.
Not looking good for the health minister who reckons it will be up to 70% of the population vaccinated by the end of August, nor Manny who says anyone that wants a jab will be offered one by the end of summer.
On the news yesterday was the fact that only 33,000 GPs have registered (out of 190,000+) to be able to give the vaccine when the next tranche of the population is eligible.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

meanwhile, amongst the former Warsaw Pact/Visegrad countries Uncle Vlad is making new friends from old ones:

I had a text message yesterday morning inviting me to book an appointment so I'm off out this morning to get my jab.
Me too, tomorrow in darkest rural Hampshire.

Like Jimmy, will report back- whether foaming at the mouth and chanting
<< Ein Volk, Ein Europe, Kein Fuhrer ! >>
or not.....watch this space.

( adjusts Chapeau d'Ally )

Last edited:
Nope, 500 a day in our region judging by the number of appointments offered.
Not looking good for the health minister who reckons it will be up to 70% of the population vaccinated by the end of August, nor Manny who says anyone that wants a jab will be offered one by the end of summer.
On the news yesterday was the fact that only 33,000 GPs have registered (out of 190,000+) to be able to give the vaccine when the next tranche of the population is eligible.
Are those numbers reflected country wide do you know? If so do you foresee a summer of riots.

Latest Threads