What now for the EU ?

WightMivvi

War Hero
You mean like this one :)
Ah, but doesn’t this just add to the evidence that the vaccines are created by Anglo-saxon lizard people in the pay of Russian oligarchs with an aim to dilute the European gene-pool?

If real-world data shows that they are effective in the UK for over-65s, but the politicians in EU-land say they are ineffective in the over-65s within Europe, isn’t the simplest explanation that the vaccines implant a gps chip which deactivates the human immune system the moment the vaccine crosses into the area between Africa, Ukraine and the Channel? This then kills off the Europeans, allowing African expansion which the Russians will find easier to influence whilst the avaricious anglos grow rich and fat.

Of course, another explanation is that EU politicians and leaders are stupid and spiteful and put playing politics ahead of saving lives. But, hey, what are the chances of that?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
AZ now, of course, have a strong case for defamation.

They probably won’t be bothered if european citizens choose not take the jab, provided european countries fulfill their contractual obligations in paying for the specified amount.

They probably won’t be bothered if european citizens choose not take the jab, provided european countries fulfill their contractual obligations in paying for the specified amount.
I'm sure that future AZ contracts with the EU, will be tighter than my Doris is with her sexual 'favours'

Arse_Bandit

Old-Salt
Yes, mostly those who hate him...

Only because the retarded remainiacs on here think that all leave voters are obviously deranged Farage lovers, not realizing it is possible to know you voted the correct way whilst finding Farage a reprehensible mutton flange of a human being who I'd happly watch drown in a septic tank...

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Only because the retarded remainiacs on here think that all leave voters are obviously deranged Farage lovers, not realizing it is possible to know you voted the correct way whilst finding Farage a reprehensible mutton flange of a human being who I'd happly watch drown in a septic tank...
Not exactly where I sit, but just within hailing distance I'd imagine. My own view of Farage is that he is that rarest of creatures: a successful single-issue campaigning politician. I don't want him anywhere near the levers of power, but by God he was effective - indeed, indispensable - in enabling our withdrawal from the EU. That single victory has defined him, and will continue to define him for the rest of his days; nothing else he will ever do is likely to equal it. It would have been better for both him and the nation if he'd accepted that and toddled off to the Lords, IMHO.

Last edited:

Arse_Bandit

Old-Salt
Not exactly where I sit, but just within hailing distance I'd imagine. My own view of Farage is that he is that rarest of creatures: a successful single-issue campaigning politician. I don't want him anywhere near the levers of power, but by God he was effective - indeed, indispensable - in enabling our withdrawal from the EU. That single victory has defined him, and will continue to define him for the rest of his days; nothing else he will ever do is likely equal it. It would have been better for both him and the nation if he'd accepted that and toddled off to the Lords, IMHO.
I agree, to continue seeking new campaigns risks him travelling further into swivel-eyed loon territory like covid denial "open up the busnesses" anti vax baaaaaa!

There is much being made currently (particularly by the Boris grrr brigade) about the UK death rate in comparison to other countries(they conveniently forget that these things are measured and accounted for differently across the globe in general and Europe in particular)

I wonder if they will bleating as loudly this time next year, when the UK, having benefitted from a commendable vaccination effort is compared with those nations who have suffered from the dead hand of the Borg?
Best way to work out the deaths from Convid-19 is to compare the amount of deaths to previous years, UK does ok-ish then

I'd be really happy if Northern Ireland was a bit closer to the Equator.. but what we want and what we get are two entirely different things.
You would miss the rain and wind and all die of skin cancer

But the EU might bully poorer countries into not using it.

You would miss the rain and wind and all die of skin cancer
Nope. Done the wind, rain, sleet, snow and hail thing. It's been ticked off the list. Next up is a decent beach bar with a wide atap roof, blender for Piña Coladas, large fridges and soft sand for when you fall off the bar stool. A nice young lady to apply the factor 50 and within wobbling distance of the accommodation. Lunch would be anything the fishing boat brings in with a light curry sauce and chips. Not much to ask is it?

There is much being made currently (particularly by the Boris grrr brigade) about the UK death rate in comparison to other countries(they conveniently forget that these things are measured and accounted for differently across the globe in general and Europe in particular)
It does seem that the methodology used by UK is calculated to produce a "highest possible" result. For example, if you have had terminal cancer for several years, and die now from that cancer, you will be counted as a Covid death if you just happened to have had a Covid Pos test within the previous 28 days.
These inflated figures, when compared to those from other countries which use more sensible methodology provide unwelcome ammunition for those who wish to criticise the British government.

tgo

War Hero
It does seem that the methodology used by UK is calculated to produce a "highest possible" result. For example, if you have had terminal cancer for several years, and die now from that cancer, you will be counted as a Covid death if you just happened to have had a Covid Pos test within the previous 28 days.
These inflated figures, when compared to those from other countries which use more sensible methodology provide unwelcome ammunition for those who wish to criticise the British government.
It does make you wonder why you would 'want' to show the highest possible value...

ONS data would be the most useful, see how much the death rate has deviated from normal and there's your covid.

Latest Threads