Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

We import about 230,000 tonnes of flour from the U.K. annually (much of which you buy from us).

that 1 flour mill (I only know about it because it was in the news recently) has production capacity of 2,340 tonnes of flour a day. So in less than a 100 days of operation a year it can replace total U.K. imports.

Do you have a reference?

I've Googled, among other searches, "Ireland flour 2,340", which would generally show up the news item.

ETA: don't know why I bother, as you are obviously denser than osmium.

BILD Zeitung is the German equivalent of the Sun. Its founder, Axel Springer, did his post graduate internship with the Sun and, upon his return to Germany, decided that his country needed a newspaper just like it. Hey presto! BILD Zeitung.
Has Bild Zeitung got it's equivalent of Liverpool where the inbred residents pretend they don't buy the paper? ....... (but secretly read it online)

The article says: The proposed mill will process 300 tonnes of wheat per day to produce 235 tonnes of plain white every day.

I am 55, no underlying health problems and living in Spain (ish)....current estimate for first jab is looking to be September (caveat being IF expected dosages are available)....translate that as maybe this year.
If UK really , really wanted to be vindictive or anti-EU they could always ask UK expats abroad to go to their embassy and recieve a jab (obvs after all UK residents done). Would mean most expats get jab a lot earlier than would have done and imagine the uproar if 55 y/o me was vaccinated in Spain before 80 y/o pedro...
I still hope they make Gibraltar a vaccination hub for southern Spain. Obviously get the local Spanish community done as well on the border alongside the expat community.

I do sense though that this is going to turn rather nasty very quickly.

I mean, I find it amazing that they’re turning on a pharmaceutical company that has delivered a cost effective, not for profit vaccine that is being licensed all over the world and is going to be provided to poorer country’s at a below cost subsidied price. And it’s logistically better to move around.

So far the EUs involvement has been a few failed vaccine attempts and the joint manufacture of a prohibitively expensive vaccine that’s not suitable for huge swathes of the global population

As an aside I was speaking to a colleague from one of our plants in the shires.

25 years old, outwardly healthy, managed to get his vaccination today. Turns out he has a respiratory problem.

I am 55, no underlying health problems and living in Spain (ish)....current estimate for first jab is looking to be September (caveat being IF expected dosages are available)....translate that as maybe this year.
If UK really , really wanted to be vindictive or anti-EU they could always ask UK expats abroad to go to their embassy and recieve a jab (obvs after all UK residents done). Would mean most expats get jab a lot earlier than would have done and imagine the uproar if 55 y/o me was vaccinated in Spain before 80 y/o pedro...
What a load of sh1te.

Do you know what? I wouldn't put any of it past Macron.
He now has another worry on his plate to deal with.
I can now see why here was no announcement of a further confinement yesterday.
Apparently there is now an active civil disobedience campaign up and running with the target date of 1st February that has been circulating widely on social media and will involve restaurants opening up all over the country if they have enough of the support of the people (and the actual bottle to open).
As in all things involving public demonstrations, with youthful and exuberant souls taking part, and not just in France, there will be the strong possibility of the usual rentamob anarchists lending their support.
And chucking stones at the Gendarmerie as a side show obvs.
He actually has my sympathy at the moment with regard to the hand of cards he has to play with, but certainly not any sympathy with the ones he has picked, and the way he has chosen to play them.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What a load of sh1te.
But funny as feck if it happened.

Gen question if you were close to a Brit embassy/high commission etc and were offered the jab courtesy of HMG would you go for it?

Apparently there is now an active civil disobedience campaign up and running with the target date of 1st February that has been circulating widely on social media and will involve restaurants opening up all over the country if they have enough of the support of the people (and the actual bottle to open).
As in all things involving public demonstrations, with youthful and exuberant souls taking part, and not just in France, there will be the strong possibility of the usual rentamob anarchists lending their support.
He actually has my sympathy at the moment with regard to the hand of cards he has to play with, but certainly not any sympathy with the ones he has picked, and the way he has chosen to play them.
He has no sympathy from me.

vive le Car-B-Q’s!

Gen question if you were close to a Brit embassy/high commission etc and were offered the jab courtesy of HMG would yootheu go for it?
Why? That was a made up post. Our area is doing fine even with the pharmacy companies not meeting their obligations. I am on the Spanish NHS system and will get my jab in Phase 3.
Phase 1 in our area (residential homes, front line medical staff and care home worker) is almost complete with most having both vaccines. Phase 2 starts Sunday with other medical staff, dentists etc, over 80s and chronic disease 2nd dose starting. The second batch of Moderna vaccines arrive Sunday, Pfizer have been providing the weekly amount contracted and will up the rates to ensure the shortfall for 10 days will be met from Feb 15th.

The over 70s (me and er indoors) will be started at the beginning of March, which is what the original plan was, along with underlying problems like obesity and diabetes. It will also include the housebound who will be vaccinated at home but, as they don't go out, are not a higher priority.

The over 64s, those in high incidence areas, those in high population and work areas will be phase 4.
The rest, under 64, no underlying problems, not living in poor conditions etc will be June to August which is the original plan and about the same timeframe as UK.

And that's for both vaccines, the second of which is being given 3 or 4 weeks after the first depending on the brand according to the manufacturers' recommendations.

And going to a consulate or Embassy? Get real, they won't even help if you've been robbed, lost your passport or have other problems unless you pay a fortune. Where you think they'd get the medical staff to give the vaccines from I've no idea.

Consulate at Alicante is lucky to get 1 star on the review sites, let alone be able to actually try and help anyone.

Gen question if you were close to a Brit embassy/high commission etc and were offered the jab courtesy of HMG would you go for it?
Ok it was a little tongue in cheek....We have actually started on the 80 y/o etc but I according to my local health centre September is a pretty good estimate for me. Nearest embassy/consul for me is a different island so would have to fly there.....would I have it....Why not!!....would rather someone more at risk than me had it but if it was going spare .....

Latest Threads