Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

StormsInAfrica

War Hero
Remind me again how the Irish vaccination programme is going? Have the EU allows you to use vaccines yet? Has the EU allows you to pre deploy vaccines yet?

Do you suspect that in the not too distant future we’re going to be seeing people from Eire going up north to get vaccinations?

They are part of the same EU making moves to kill our citizens by seizing a private companies business. RoI citizens should be about faced and provided the following;

What does the European Commission do with your complaint?​

Complaints to the European Commission go through the following process:

• The European Commission will confirm to you that it has received your complaint within 15 working days.
  • The European Commission will invite you to resubmit your complaint in case you have not used the standard complaint form.
  • Within the following 12 months, the European Commission will assess your complaint and aim to decide whether to initiate a formal infringement procedure against the country in question.
GIve it a year and they might respond. Oh........ wait:

• describe exactly how you believe that national authorities have infringed Union law, and which is the Union law that you believe they have infringed
One way street unfortunately. No recourse to complain about the EU contradicting sovereign actions (like saving the lives of your population).

Never mind. Maybe this chap can help?

Contact Me:
contact

Simon Coveney TD
Minister for Foreign Affairs & Trade
Email: simon.coveney@oireachtas.ie

Constituency Office
Main Street,
Carrigaline,
Co. Cork
P43 XY74

Tel: +353 (0)214374200
Email: simon.coveney@oireachtas.ie

Sorry. BS filter is full.

Have a read

India rushed through 2 home grown vaccines (and won't release the papers for the phase it was in when it was passed for emergency use only) so is probably happy to sell off the AZ version and make money and use the rushed version on the natives.

They’ll be the usual delays in ramping up production and delivering a vaccine that requires such a unique logistical tail.

How do you think The German electorate will take seeing German manufactured vaccine out of Germany?

What percentage of those vaccines were destined for Abroad?

Remember as well that the Pfizer vaccine is shockingly expensive. €20 and opposed to $1.50.
No doubt that there will be delays. Some will complain and be unhappy with the situation. But Germany has found a wonderful way to deal with it.

In the last few years, they have managed to put anyone who expresses doubts about the path they have chosen very quickly into the "denier" and right-wing corner. The word denier has a special quality in Germany, like in Holocaust denier. Criticism of how renewable energy is introduced and climate policy is implemented: Right-wing climate change denier.
Criticism of how the COVID-19 measures were introduced, by decree and not by parliamentary discussion: right-wing corona denier.
A wonderful move by media and politics to throw shit at all those who criticise and we know that something of that always sticks.

Germany has purchased 30 million doses from Biontech/Pfizer outside the EU programme. So they will probably stay in Germany.

I have no problem if they go and say we share the vaccine produced in Germany with our neighbours and make sure that risk patients and the elderly are vaccinated first throughout Europe.
Young and healthy people usually do not have a severe course of the disease, so it makes sense to give this vaccination to those who urgently need it.
As a rule, neighbours help each other in emergencies.

What I have a problem with is how the EU acts with all the lies, all the fraud, all the failure, the incompetence and the audacity, and still pretends to be the only alternative and the saviour.
The price for the Biontech/Pfizer stuff is high, very high indeed but cheap in the grand scheme of things.
Every day of lockdown costs people and the economy significantly more.

According to worldometer:

deaths per million:
U.K. 1,447 (6th in the world)
Ireland 599 (46th in the world)

Never let the facts get in the way

The UK is an international air hub and has most of its population in a few cities.
So comparing a small population country with a lot less population density is misleading

But looking at your population size, within Europe, Irelands death toll is quite high compared to other similar European countries (Norway, Finland, Denmark, Greece) Seeing that you are an island with just one border, its quite poor.

and the very expensive -70c freezers needed to store it.
That is only long-time storage. It can be kept for 5 days in a normal refrigerator at +2-+8 degrees.
It is a logistical challenge, but not as bad as originally thought.

StormsInAfrica

War Hero
The most incredible thing to me is that their first course of action was to reach for the contract and legal levers, coupled with overt threats and a smear campaign (which I see this morning is being roundly shot down by grown-ups).

Could they not just have approached the UK for help? I can't imagine we'd have refused.

Of course doing that would reveal the Emperors lack of clothes and must be weighed against the lives of the most vulnerable.

Naturally those considerations are subordinate to the "integrity" of the Project.

A disgusting spectacle. I sincerely hope remainers, rejoiners and the population of those countries still beholden to the whims of these self-appointed creatures are taking note.

No doubt that there will be delays. Some will complain and be unhappy with the situation. But Germany has found a wonderful way to deal with it.

In the last few years, they have managed to put anyone who expresses doubts about the path they have chosen very quickly into the "denier" and right-wing corner. The word denier has a special quality in Germany, like in Holocaust denier. Criticism of how renewable energy is introduced and climate policy is implemented: Right-wing climate change denier.
Criticism of how the COVID-19 measures were introduced, by decree and not by parliamentary discussion: right-wing corona denier.

They must have seen how Maples posts, if you don't agree with him its because you are a Gay Nazi who is in the closet.

When all this started didn't everyone hold up the German response as the best because they were testing everything?
As usual, it was more appearance than reality. In our country, they are now very good at telling people all kinds of crap that, if repeated often enough, no one questions. The numbers speak for themselves.

It would appear that yiu can trust the Guardian to defend the EU.

It's almost like the Gruniad base it's stories on complete fabrication and lack of understanding so it can feed it to it's gormless readers to lap up and twatter about it:

Did I mention how gormless Gruniad readers are?

As usual, it was more appearance than reality. In our country, they are now very good at telling people all kinds of crap that, if repeated often enough, no one questions. The numbers speak for themselves.
They've used propaganda to some effect before.

I’ll just leave this here...

Germany and France have accused the US of taking face masks already ordered by Europe as the coronavirus pandemic continued to cause rising international tensions.
Politicians in Berlin and Paris both said America had been using unfair means to undermine their own attempts to secure personal protective equipment.

Andreas Geisel, Germany’s interior minister, claimed the US had confiscated 200,000 masks ordered from a US producer as they transited through Thailand.
“We view this as an act of modern piracy,” he said on Friday. “You cannot act in such a way among transatlantic partners. Such wild west methods can’t dominate, even in a time of global crisis.”
Ah lucky times back then indeed. Shortly before or after they held up transports of PPE for our Swiss brethren.

It's almost like the Gruniad base it's stories on complete fabrication and lack of understanding so it can feed it to it's gormless readers to lap up and twatter about it:

Did I mention how gormless Gruniad readers are?
It’s readers worry me. Entitled middle class people who don’t like being proven wrong.

Never underestimate the damage people like that can do. I suspect that this is the SNPs target audience. Sheltered from reality and upset they keep following incorrect belief systems.

Does anyone recollect Emily Cousens "I Teach At Oxford, But I Don't Want It To Win The Coronavirus Vaccine Race"?
who's working on her PhD in "vulnerability and gender" and teaches a women's studies course (at Oxford Brookes University and the University of Oxford respectively)

HuffPost is now a part of Verizon Media
23/04/2020

She got some stuff correct but predicted it for the wrong reason I feel.
a panel that advises the World Health Organization (WHO) on Coronavirus, says that there could be a production shortage.

Researchers have also warned that this will lead to rich countries hoarding supplies.
That looks like that would be the eu then?

If there is enough vaccine to go round, the UK will be the world’s saviour.
On the way to be.

If my university is the first to develop the vaccine, I’m worried that it will be used as it has been in the past, to fulfil its political, patriotic function as proof of British excellence.

The story will be clear: China, once again, has unleashed a threat to civilisation. But the best brains of the UK have saved the world.
Just normal everyday stuff then?

PS
My 72-year old Dad is usually a highly social and active man. However, he lives on his own in a very rural village and is becoming increasingly worried that he won’t be able to return to his usual ways for years – until such a vaccine is developed.
Hope dad got his date for the jab.

Last edited:
According to worldometer:

deaths per million:
U.K. 1,447 (6th in the world)
Ireland 599 (46th in the world)

Never let the facts get in the way

we had an explosion of new cases from around 1 Jan, peaking around 10 Jan at just over 8,000 new cases per day.

By 14 Jan, the number of new cases per day had halved. It has halved again since in last few days.

In comparison, the UK’s peak was around the same time and it took until the last few days to half.
But Ireland tests only 1 in 2 persons, it is the same with Germany. What are the rules in your country? When is someone considered to have died of Corona?
These are the important questions. The numbers alone just say nothing.

Does anyone recollect Emily Cousens "I Teach At Oxford, But I Don't Want It To Win The Coronavirus Vaccine Race"?

HuffPost is now a part of Verizon Media
23/04/2020

She got some stuff correct but predicted it for the wrong reason I feel.

That looks like that would be the eu then?

On the way to be.

Just normal everyday stuff then?

PS

Hope dad got his date for the jab.
I bet she feels a right tit now

I'm far from being a Peston fan, quite the opposite in fact, however this thread analysis on the EU-AZ "Timeframe indifference" makes for quite balanced reading.

ES: primarily the UK was 3 months ahead of the EU.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That is only long-time storage. It can be kept for 5 days in a normal refrigerator at +2-+8 degrees.
It is a logistical challenge, but not as bad as originally thought.

I would argue it’s a logistical consideration and not a challenge. You might need to be careful about the reefer to achieve the -70c, but again it’s just a consideration, it’s not like new technology has to be invented for the task.

Latest Threads