Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

New Uk passport proposal from the French company making them.
UKPassport.jpg

Actually, it still remains English.

You’ll notice that the SNPs online paper, the National was the one peddling that pump.

I wouldn't expect anything else from SNP propaganda.

Trying to find my source at the moment - it said English would remain an Official language while everyday Working language would be French and German.
Sorry - that it would be German and French.

or Richard Branson.................oh, I'm beginning to see a pattern here....
Would that pattern be that the remain campaign asked for people’s support because only big business wanted brexit. And then we find that it was actually big business that funded the remain campaign .

Truxx

LE
I remain astonished (but unsurprised) by the language that anyone speaking on behalf of the EU uses. It is all "must do this" and "must do that". I know things sometimes have to be translated and I know that often people are using their second language, I know too that some cultures are perhaps a little blunter than we might be, but even so they really should try and avoid coming across as so domineering, because that's one of the things that ordinary folks are wary of.

For my part, my own sense of robust straightforward language kicks in at this point when I think fcuk them and fcuk the horse they rode in on.

Last edited:
I remain astonished (but unsurprised) by the language that anyone speaking on behalf of the EU uses. It is all "must do this" and "must do that". I know things sometimes have to be translated and I know that often people are using their second language, I know too that some cultures are perhaps a little blunted than we might be, but even so they really should try and avoid coming across as so domineering, because that's one of the things that ordinary folks are wary of.

For my part, my own sense of robust straightforward language kicks in at this point when I think fcuk them and fcuk the horse they rode in on.
I've had SA lads and lassies involved in management with exactly that attitude with their employees and, dumbly, with their managers. I always started smiling when one of them would start the conversation, "Hi Biff, I've thought about what you should do and this is it", only for them to stop halfway though their instructions to tell me they know I am laughing at them and haven't heard a word they said, even from 3000 miles away. I never understood how they thought telling your manager what to do was a good way to start the day.
It probably is a translation thing and I'd readily accept their advice, I just think they get lost on the finer points of the English language. Like a 'nuance' sort of thing :cool: .

@Truxx

The EU behaves in all respects like it’s an imperial superpower.
it’s a toxic mix of French intellectual arrogance, mixed with German technocracy.
The thing that still gets me is that they seem to believe that we are still part of their club...I am not sure the reality has set in across the channel

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I remain astonished (but unsurprised) by the language that anyone speaking on behalf of the EU uses. It is all "must do this" and "must do that". I know things sometimes have to be translated and I know that often people are using their second language, I know too that some cultures are perhaps a little blunted than we might be, but even so they really should try and avoid coming across as so domineering, because that's one of the things that ordinary folks are wary of.

For my part, my own sense of robust straightforward language kicks in at this point when I think fcuk them and fcuk the fish they swam in on.
Fixed

...and the EU answer to that would be? Yep. they threw "vagueness" in there as well when talking about Jersey.

Jersey. "Piss off, you are not fishing our waters"

Eu " You must stop this vagueness"

It is the same script used for the brexit talks, every time Boris said no they seemed to find the word no "vague" and incomprehensible.

Not seeing any "vagueness" in the message from Jersey.

Government of Jersey

Truxx

LE
...and the EU answer to that would be? Yep. they threw "vagueness" in there as well when talking about Jersey.

It is the same script used for the brexit talks, every time Boris said no they seemed to find the word no "vague" and incomprehensible.

Government of Jersey
For a truly teeth itching moment just recall one Gerry Adam's with his constant call, pre GFA, for "clarification". Same bollox different time.

Truxx

LE

Government of Jersey
Oh and well done Jersey. A ham sandwich moment.