Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

No strawberries in January? FFS it wouldn't have happened when I were a lad!

Oh wait, yes it would. About the only fruit we got during the winter back in the day was oranges. Nowadays there are no seasonal fruit n veg, we get what we want all year round :)
I think it would actually be nice to go back to seasonal produce...

Not up to standard. At Marham some years ago there were empty quarters. They were offered up for the Vietnamese boat people (remember them?). The council turned them down as not fit to live in. Singlies got moved in and loved them, much better than the blocks.

see Rowner MQ’s in Gosport.

offered to the council for a quid.
rejected when it was revealed they didn’t even meet the DEFRA standards for pig pens.

Indeed.
Wasn't Corbyn the Commie's rallying cry to support green technology and in another part of their manifesto, to re open the coal mines?
Yeah but like the SNP and oil and gas it’s only bad if we use it. It’s the best thing in the world if you’re going to sell it to other people to use and fund your country with. Obviously.

The one thing the European countries are doing at the minute is exposing their pettiness to a generation of Brits who had never experienced it before or had forgotten that national differences and behaviours existed.

Those of us old enough to remember the very frequent riots and strikes French farmers and Fisherman took out on the channel ports/UK traffic for nothing the UK had done to them are in no way surprised to see the **** retentiveness, arrogance and small minded revengeful pettiness of French and Dutch border officials - it is a pretty widespread trait within European burocrats who get a sniff of power.

The correct action for us is obviously for the govt to seek urgent mutual solutions on whatever the issues are whilst holding EU transporters to exactly the same levels of pettiness when they arrive here.

But, our traders should also be actively seeking alternative international markets wherever possible and businesses within the UK should attempt to replace EU sourced products with locally sourced and produced products. This is what the free market is about and there are always opportunities amongst chaos for the smart and inventive amongst us.

there will be several months of this type of stuff before it settles down as businesses and officials learn and improve the new procedures and those small minded individuals who are upset and vindictive with Brexit either get reigned in or calm down a bit

Not quite all, there are a few who seem to be seeing the light and this might lead to "DEXIT" .. its surely going to p**s Brussels off
Danish prime minister wants country to accept 'zero' asylum seekers - The Local
snip "The PM said that she wanted to reduce asylum applications in Denmark to zero during comments in parliament.
That’s what our target is. Of course, we can’t promise it,” she said.
“We can’t promise zero asylum seekers but we can create a vision, like we did before the election, that we want a new asylum system and then do what we can to implement it,” she continued."
We must take care that not too many [refugees, ed.] come to our country, otherwise our social cohesion could not exist. It is already under threat,” Frederiksen said.

At the current rate, it will take nearly 2 years for the RoI to vaccinate its entire population.

So, by way of a comparison, I plugged in my details (basically, 60, very good looking and fit :) ) at a vaccine calculator site.

UK:
Given a vaccination rate of 2,400,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 09/03/2021 and 18/03/2021.

The Ireland:
Given a vaccination rate of 42,000 a week and an uptake of 74%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 10/8/2021 and 28/9/2021.

Ref:
UK Vaccine Queue Calculator for the UK
The Ireland: Vaccine Queue Calculator for Ireland

I have no clue as to the accuracy other than it correctly predicted my mother and a neighbour of ours, both aged 87.

Not quite all, there are a few who seem to be seeing the light and this might lead to "DEXIT" .. its surely going to p**s Brussels off
Danish prime minister wants country to accept 'zero' asylum seekers - The Local
snip "The PM said that she wanted to reduce asylum applications in Denmark to zero during comments in parliament.
That’s what our target is. Of course, we can’t promise it,” she said.
“We can’t promise zero asylum seekers but we can create a vision, like we did before the election, that we want a new asylum system and then do what we can to implement it,” she continued."
We must take care that not too many [refugees, ed.] come to our country, otherwise our social cohesion could not exist. It is already under threat,” Frederiksen said.
That's the leader of a left leaning political party that has become increasingly sceptical of mass immigration due to a perceived negative impart on the lower classes. And she's a career politician who's never had a real job...

So, by way of a comparison, I plugged in my details (basically, 60, very good looking and fit :) ) at a vaccine calculator site.

UK:
Given a vaccination rate of 2,400,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 09/03/2021 and 18/03/2021.

The Ireland:
Given a vaccination rate of 42,000 a week and an uptake of 74%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 10/8/2021 and 28/9/2021.

Ref:
UK Vaccine Queue Calculator for the UK
The Ireland: Vaccine Queue Calculator for Ireland

I have no clue as to the accuracy other than it correctly predicted my mother and a neighbour of ours, both aged 87.

a buggere for the Europeans is they put options, rather than firm orders, on most of their vaccination plans far too low non Sanofi buys, leaving the manufacturers the option to slash them by 60%.

philc

LE
Going by this chart, at the present rate Italy will have vaccinated 70% of all adults by Dec 2027

EsgW3ROXYAAEy5c.jpg

On the bright side, his treasonous actions have ensured that he'll remain plain Mr for the rest of his squalid traitorous existence.
I don’t have you’re confidence in that.

Both Clegg and Blair advised the EU how to screw the U.K. over in negotiations.

The LibDems have already floated the idea of having a non sitting MP as the head of the party.

All Blair needs to do is to get his friends in the London bubble to push for that option or get parachuted into some safe seat such as entitlement central. Aka Islington

@philc
Where did you find that chart?
Shocking if that is the case.

Latest Threads