Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

We shouldn't drop down to the EU pettiness of nitpicking in paperwork or loading. No what we should be doing is time the delays in France of UK goods carrying vehicles and pull over EU/French vehicles as they arrive in UK and hold them for a similar time. I believe there is a handy airstrip that can be used to park them up. If the EU/France start using financial penalties or cause loss of money through spoiled loads then surcharges should be placed on French/EU vehicles to reach similar amounts.

If we really want to piss off the EU then allow French vehicles in and make other EU countries pay for France's handiwork.

Not even that. The following thoughts occur:
My local shop still has its shelves stocked with Salad from Spain according to the packaging. So food is still flowing freely in. We'd be absolutely mental to mess with that (I defy you to agitate any fellow with a full stomach!).

As the French **** about, they think they're targetting OPFOR trucks, but they're also catching up a lot of Friendly trucks in their net. Equally, as news stories have shown some makes of grub are not getting through to French shops, and are pissing off the locals.

I think this one comes down to ' I'm game. We'll see who rusts blinks first'.

I am getting some feedback on the trucking networks.

Folks are wising up, and in a week or two Brit hauliers will have been exposed to and sorted all the stunts and then things will become quite interesting.

But there is no mistaking the mood music, this is nothing to do with anything other than fFrench sour grapes.

Trucking mood music would that be something like this?

I am getting some feedback on the trucking networks.
But there is no mistaking the mood music, this is nothing to do with anything other than fFrench sour grapes.
It is a deliberate customs policy that has been initiated and is across many ports, not just the French ones.
I have no doubt that the idea for it originated in France due to some certain someone being sidelined in the last knockings of the negotiations.
By the real adults in the actual room.
And thus he was kept from his moment of destiny and his hour of glory.
Too many occurrences prove otherwise, it is an approved policy.
Meanwhile the business of today carries on.
And the UK is still the second largest market for French wine and champagne, one to remember perhaps in the immediate future?
Now for a touch of political reality (yet again)

IMG_0536.JPG

It is a deliberate customs policy that has been initiated and is across many ports, not just the French ones.
I have no doubt that the idea for it originated in France due to some certain someone being sidelined in the last knockings of the negotiations.
By the real adults in the actual room.
And thus he was kept from his moment of destiny and his hour of glory.
Too many occurrences prove otherwise, it is an approved policy.
Meanwhile the business of today carries on.
And the UK is still the second largest market for French wine and champagne, one to remember perhaps in the immediate future?
Now for a touch of political reality (yet again)

View attachment 542242

That dog is way too big, it needs to be an annoying wee dug...

Show dog correctly resized to wee dug....

JB

as and when I can get back to Europe, I will be seeking alternative options to the pig headed French routes.
I won’t be.

My kids generate an awful lot of gash in the back seats, but I’m happy now to dispose of it out the window rather than those lovely ergonomically designed bins in the rest area that allow you to throw it in.

I’m in a split mind about teaching the kids a Bobby sands style dirty protest on French motorway services. But I’m worried about them bringing bad habits back.

Then I try and be pragmatic.

We have the snp trying to sabotage things for political gain. Some teething troubles. An ineffective media. An ineffective media desperately trying to justify the pish that they’ve been reporting as fact for the last few years. An ineffective media. Some teething troubles with people getting used to things. A global pandemic where demand is down. An ineffective media. A failing French politician trying to deflect domestic problems. An ineffective media desperately trying to prove that the pish that they’ve been peddling for the last few years is correct.

However, more importantly I take solace from the fact that although France is being awkward, without the U.K. in the EU, the dominant power is Germany. A country that although we’ve been at war with twice in the last 100 years, admired the U.K., respects the U.K., wishes to be partners with the U.K. and pays for the EU project and will smash France back into line.

Last edited:
Does that mean the UK's supply is getting cut, or is it just the EU's supply?

There’s been no intimation of the UK supply getting cut.

I have no evidence of this, but this is how I suspect things have gone:

From the very start of this shít storm the UK has identified the way out of it as a working vaccine. This in itself appeared a fanciful proposition, Vaccines take years to develop, there‘s a lack of facilities and it costs billions if not trillions. Never the less, the UK has thrown money at it and not just a single vaccine, it appears quite a few. In the meantime the EU has demanded a centralised approach, money coming into them and the decision making for dealing with COVID in EU hands, they’ve rung their hands, stalled, argued and I wouldn’t be surprised if the were tied up by their own dogshít rules.

Move on a year and the impossible has happened , several working vaccines the UK is reaping the rewards, the Eu snoozed and are now loosing.

I’d be interested to see how much and when the UK and EU put into each vaccine developer.

And never gave up on that dream. Hence the reason he was advising the EU how to try and keep us in the EU after we voted to leave.

Remember when he tried to negotiate Gibraltar’s sovereignty without telling them?
On the bright side, his treasonous actions have ensured that he'll remain plain Mr for the rest of his squalid traitorous existence.

I won’t be.

My kids generate an awful lot of gash in the back seats, but I’m happy now to dispose of it out the window rather than those lovely ergonomically designed bins in the rest area that allow you to throw it in.

I’m in a split mind about teaching the kids a Bobby sands style dirty protest on French motorway services. But I’m worried about them bringing bad habits back.

Then I try and be pragmatic.

We have the snp trying to sabotage things for political gain. Some teething troubles. An ineffective media. An ineffective media desperately trying to justify the pish that they’ve been reporting as fact for the last few years. An ineffective media. Some teething troubles with people elgwtting used to things. A global pandemic where demand is down. An ineffective media. A failing French politician trying to deflect domestic problems. An ineffective media desperately trying to prove that the pish that they’ve been peddling for the last few years is correct.

However, more importantly I take solace from the fact that although France is being awkward, without the U.K. in the EU, the dominant power is Germany. A country that although we’ve been at war with twice in the last 100 years, admired the U.K., respects the U.K., wishes to be partners with the U.K. and pays for the EU project and will smash France back into line.

we need to watch what happens in the EU when Merkhel stands down later this year (and if Macron gets the boot) - if the new chancellor is weaker as a person and/or doesn't have the domestic support Merkhel has then it could get quite interesting!

Russia now has Germany and the EU by the nuts because with Trump gone Merkhel restarted the Nord 2 gas pipeline and it 'll be up and running quite soon so big changes are afoot within the EU and if we (UK) can manage to get a head of steam up post vaccine and whilst the EU are still locked down then there is going to be a lot of angst and incrimination on that side of the water.

Van Der Leyen strikes me as a Merkhel appointed poodle and a person with no substance or leadership ability behind her and I dont think she would be able to cope if all the EU countries start fighting in the Merkhel vacuum.

On the bright side, his treasonous actions have ensured that he'll remain plain Mr for the rest of his squalid traitorous existence.
Once John Major karks it is likely that Blair, Brown, Cameron, Clogg (we'll never forget that famous LibDem, Mick Clogg eh?) and May will all be offered peerages.

I am certain it is just the selfish action of Major declining his (because sitting in the Lords wasn't compatible with his planned retirement from politics) that effectively blocked his successors.

Baron Blair of Teflonshire anybody?

I expect there is a Euroregulation forbidding such action.

There is probably a Euro regulation for the size and shape of one's wánk sock

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
Indeed,

Blair very clearly saw himself as the natural first Presidente of a United States of a Europe.
I'd go for führer. Heil Blair is something he would like to hear.

Latest Threads