Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

philc

LE
Does that mean the UK's supply is getting cut, or is it just the EU's supply?

The UK supply it seems is secured, this seems to be through mismanagement by the EU, late order or late go ahead that the vaccine is authorised, I can see many not being happy and more countries ordering from else where.

The Germans & Hungary have, have others? So the money put up will not benefit EU citizens but head elsewhere paid for by the EU is how I see it.

It all seems a bit of a cock up thats going to cost more lives, time and money.

A random thought. Could Tony and his Blair foundation be behind this 'European Ambassador' plan. It's another deviously cunning way of establishing a 'non elected super state' for him to then be the shadowy El supremo of?
After all that was his game plan after 3 stints as PM.

Indeed,

Blair very clearly saw himself as the natural first Presidente of a United States of a Europe.

They’ll be interruptions no matter matter happens . Nature of supply chains. I’m waiting for the news to have a field day with lorry crashes/electrical sub station catches fire/ machinery breaks down/ key member of staff goes off sick with a bad back/ traffic jam etc etc etc.

Hungary’s told the EU to do one. Germany’s tried to put the EU first but self sourced their own. But we now see that Ireland’s been told it can’t use it yet.

Obviously we need to focus on our needs first, but from a lives saved perspective concentrate on the current cohort prioritisation. But I think it would do U.K. plc great benefit to start flooding Gibraltar and Northern Ireland with vaccines and saying to the neighbours. You’re government is letting you down as it’s putting the EU first . We’ll help you out. As well as flying stuff into specific country’s that can be relied on in the future (Portugal, Poland etc)

Indeed,

Blair very clearly saw himself as the natural first Presidente of a United States of a Europe.
And never gave up on that dream. Hence the reason he was advising the EU how to try and keep us in the EU after we voted to leave.

Remember when he tried to negotiate Gibraltar’s sovereignty without telling them?

From the link;
The drug firm had been set to deliver about 80 million doses to the 27 nations by March, according to the official who spoke to Reuters.
The AstraZeneca vaccine, developed with Oxford University, has not yet been approved by the EU's drug regulator but is expected to get the green light at the end of this month, paving the way for jabs to be given.

First come, first served.

The UK supply it seems is secured, this seems to be through mismanagement by the EU, late order or late go ahead that the vaccine is authorised, I can see many not being happy and more countries ordering from else where.

The Germans & Hungary have, have others? So the money put up will not benefit EU citizens but head elsewhere paid for by the EU is how I see it.

It all seems a bit of a cock up thats going to cost more lives, time and money.

Apparently a fairly serious effort had to be made a couple of days ago to prevent flooding in the Welsh establishment involved in producing the Astra Zeneca vaccine.
Came very close to being flooded out.

Have the EMA still not approved the vaccine developed with the assistance of some people in Oxford ? Are they still on their Xmas Holidays?

That is what stopped the Irish ordering directly from Oxford/AstraZeneca, allegedly.

However, Ray Bassett, Ireland’s former ambassador to Canada, Jamaica and the Bahamas, told Express.co.uk: “Our Minister for Health, Stephen Donnelly, has just been rebuffed publicly when he suggested that Ireland should bring in some supplies of the AstraZeneca/Oxford COVID vaccine in anticipation of its approval by the European Medicines Agency.

“The Irish Government was sharply told by the Commission that this would not be permitted.

“It is hard to see how any democratic Government should allow itself to be overruled by an unelected body like the Commission especially when the health of its citizens is involved in a pandemic.”
Irish vaccine farce: Brussels BLOCKS Dublin bid to buy Oxford jab in Brexit payback

The EU should consider that a prescient warning for their future....

”'It's easier to export fish to Asia now than to Europe.”

The simple answer is don't go to France with UK-sourced fish.

That is what stopped the Irish ordering directly from Oxford/AstraZeneca, allegedly.

Irish vaccine farce: Brussels BLOCKS Dublin bid to buy Oxford jab in Brexit payback

even worse.....

at this rate, it will be years, yes, years, before the EU is vaccinated.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Which country is going to say FU to the Commission? I don't mean the big boys like Germany et al but the smaller countries who are nett receivers from the EU?

It is going to be interesting to see how the EU Propaganda Unit are going to spin this.

Have the EMA still not approved the vaccine developed with the assistance of some people in Oxford ? Are they still on their Xmas Holidays?

I wonder if someone in the EU hierarchy is now really regretting moving EMA from London to Amsterdam prior to Brexit ... and the reluctance of the staff to move ... I suppose an example of the Law of Unintended Consequences .... the ordinary folk in The EU are certainly feeling the effect .

Last edited:
Which country is going to say FU to the Commission? I don't mean the big boys like Germany et al but the smaller countries who are nett receivers from the EU?

It is going to be interesting to see how the EU Propaganda Unit are going to spin this.

That'll be the Hungarians then. They told the EU to poke off and bought the Russki Sputnik jag...

JB

Edit speelchucker...

Latest Threads