Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Zut Alors ... Ah the curse of a B_R play on words ... perhaps the French may now lose their seat ... but I suppose as has been posted it will demonstrate the true solidarity of the Union ... perhaps I was too much of a cynic .

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
I think if the EU wants its own ambassador, the EU 27 should have their ambassadors downgraded accordingly.

Perhaps the fFrench should hand over their seat on the security council at the same time....:smile:
And their nuclear weapons to EU (read German) control. Actually perhaps not.

Last edited:

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs

All this candy floss outrage over the EU ambassador to UK status & privileges.

Anyone would think they are special. As for insults, pot kettle.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Another pro-EU Quisling.

I was sure it was the Uk (being outside of the EU) that would be struggling to obtain supplies of vaccine etc.

It appears that the (expected soon to be approved) AstraZeneca vaccine is going to be hit by production and consequent delivery delays on top of the reduced volumes of Pfizer-BioNtech. Not good for the people of the EU.

Coronavirus: European Union vaccine woes increase​

I was sure it was the Uk (being outside of the EU) that would be struggling to obtain supplies of vaccine etc.

It appears that the (expected soon to be approved) AstraZeneca vaccine is going to be hit by production and consequent delivery delays on top of the reduced volumes of Pfizer-BioNtech. Not good for the people of the EU.

got my vaccine shot today.

God bless Brexit.

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
More problems for the EU vaccination programme reported on the BBC. I'd post a link, but my PC is not working properly right now.

A random thought. Could Tony and his Blair foundation be behind this 'European Ambassador' plan. It's another deviously cunning way of establishing a 'non elected super state' for him to then be the shadowy El supremo of?
After all that was his game plan after 3 stints as PM.

Worth a read.

A random thought. Could Tony and his Blair foundation be behind this 'European Ambassador' plan. It's another deviously cunning way of establishing a 'non elected super state' for him to then be the shadowy El supremo of?
After all that was his game plan after 3 stints as PM.

I don't think there is anything random about your thought.

I believe that those of an EU persuasion at the Political level, probably have constant communication, dreaming up new ideas, to stretch the tentacles of the EU and keep their noses deeply buried in the trough.

Not only do I believe that, I would be f***ing amazed if they weren't.

Dread

LE
I'd like to see a comparison of that against other European nations.

I suspect we'd find similar or worse.

I'm not arsed enough to go googling though.

I was bored...
Eurostat - Data Explorer (europa.eu)

Western Europe has much worse headline figures than the UK for long-term unemployed, however it isn't easy to see if they have a multi-generational thing going on like in the UK.

There are almost no long-term unemployed in Eastern Europe as in most cases all benefits are cut-off at 6 months (max 12), or people are forced into menial employment (street cleaning, ditch-clearing, etc.). Despite (or because of?) the communist past of these Eastern European countries, there is almost no social housing as the UK would understand it. Want a council house? No chance. Benefit levels are extremely low in most of the region (less than 140 quid a month in total). One of the few protections people have against becoming homeless if they lose their job and can't pay the rent/mortgage is that evictions are banned from autumn to spring. Other than that, people are on their own.

As a right-wing fascist reactionary, I suspect that many of the multi-generational unemployed in the UK are anything but: apart from a few vegetables, they are probably engaged full-time in petty criminality, small-time drug dealing, and working for cash-in-hand.

Does that mean the UK's supply is getting cut, or is it just the EU's supply?

Latest Threads