Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

HCL

LE
No chance, there's loads of fatties in our forces that are on biff chits, most of our vets would be puffing and wheezing after 100 meters.

58 pattern, DMS, etc and the strain and respsonbility of carrying the most awesome firearm ever would age any man prematurely. Sprog. :)

Er no, actually.
Using a freight booking agency it would appear that the Rosslare to Dunkirk service is £1,295 each way for a driver and lorry up to 13 metres long.
A flat rate for goods vehicle whatever sailing you choose, and knowing DFDS those prices are not going to go down any time soon.
Add the VAT on and it is £3,108 total for a return journey.
Rosslare to Fishguard or Pembroke is a quarter of that price.

Dover to Calais is around £210 each way depending on timings.

I can see why Aidan Flynn has the hump now.
Not many single owner/operators will be able to swallow those prices.

Bejasus!
And no chance to drop off your cargo of Vietnamese migrants!

And boy oh boy is that going to cause them a headache.

As my son once said, (he works for Sellafield) the greens need to understand that there will be a thousand years of environmental challenges and no electricity to show for it.

I was told (and I don't know how true it is) that climate change is affecting France's nuclear power industry quite badly
Apparently lots of them are inland and use river water for cooling, in quite a few cases the flow of those rivers has reduced over the last 10 to 15 years sufficiently to cause cooling water supply issues in French nuclear plants

Also came from a relative working at Sellafield :-D

Oh dearie dearie me
DxHU9r1UYAAfOKT

But it gets even better, here is a request from a citizen:

Request under the IFG/UIG/VIG

Dear...

please send me the following:

- what parliamentary control is Eurogendfor subject to in Germany?
- in what way is it ensured that Eurogendfor troops in Germany comply with German law?
- to which German command structures are the Eurgendfor troops subordinated when deployed in Germany?

This is an application for access to official information pursuant to section 1 of the Act Governing Access to Federal Information (IFG) as well as section 3 of the Environmental Information Act (UIG), as far as environmental information within the meaning of section 2 para. 3 UIG is concerned, and section 1 of the Act on the Improvement of Health-Related Consumer Information (VIG), as far as information within the meaning of section 1 para. 1 VIG is concerned.

And here is the meaningless and evasive answer:

From
Federal Ministry of the Interior, for Construction and Home Affairs
Subject
200812, Diana, IFG - EUROGENDFOR [#195014]
Date
12 August 2020 14:50
Status
Enquiry closed
Ref: GI5-12017/1#1 - , Diana

Dear Ms Osterhage,I acknowledge receipt of your letter 12 August 2020 on European Gendarmerie Force (Eurogendfor).Eurogendfor was founded by France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands. Other members are Romania Poland and Lithuania. Eurogendfor has its headquarters in Vicenza, Italy. No troops are stationed in the Federal Republic of Germany.https://eurogendfor.org/Die European Gendarmerie Force can be placed under the command of the European Union, the United Nations, NATO or the OSCE. Germany is not part of the international military force, as the separation of police and military is enshrined in the Basic Law.
Yours sincerely

Of course, this annoying bitch won't give up:
From
Diana
Subject
AW: 200812, , Diana, IFG - EUROGENDFOR [#195014]
Date
12 August 2020 15:03
To
Status
E-mail was sent successfully.
Dear<< Salutation >>

Thank you for your reply - I already know this information from Wikipedia.
However, this does not answer my question.
Therefore once again - perhaps formulated in a more comprehensible way:

- Should there be - for whatever reason - a deployment of Eurogendfor troops in Germany - how will it be ensured that they comply with applicable German law?

With kind regards
Diana

A slightly pissed-off answer from the administrative official:
From
Subject
200812, Diana, WG: 200812 Diana IFG - EUROGENDFOR [#195014]
Date
13 August 2020 09:18
Ref: GI5-12017/1#1 - , Diana

Dear Ms Osterhage,I acknowledge receipt of your second letter of 12 August 2020 on the subject of Eurogendfor.You write: "Should there - for whatever reason - be a **deployment **of Eurogendfor troops in **Germany **how will it be ensured that they comply with applicable German law?"
In conclusion, I would like to comment on your letter as follows:1.I refer to Article 42 (1) of the European Treaty. It explicitly states:Article 42 The Common Security and Defence Policy is an integral part of the Common Foreign and Security Policy. It shall provide the Union with an operational capability based on civilian and military assets. The Union may draw on these assets for missions **EXTERNAL TO THE UNION ** aimed at peace-keeping, conflict prevention and strengthening international security in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Charter. It carries out these tasks with the help of capabilities provided by the Member States.https://eur-lex.europa.eu/resource.html?uri=cellar:2bf140bf-a3f8-4ab2-b506-fd71826e6da6.0020.02/DOC_1&format=PDF
2.On the subject of Eurogendfor, there is a response from the Federal Government dated 15 January 2016. I refer to the attached link:http://dipbt.bundestag.de/doc/btd/18/072/1807282.pdf

3.Finally, I refer to the Federal Government's answer of July 2014 to Question No. 19:http://dip21.bundestag.de/dip21/btd/18/022/1802210.pdf
Answer to Question No. 19 Answer by State Secretary Dr Markus Ederer dated 21 July 2014EUROGENDFOR has ruled out deployments **within the EU**. **The question of the legal assessment of such a deployment therefore does not arise.** The Federal Government does not participate in EUROGENDFOR.The deployment of EUROGENDFOR within the framework of missions of the Common Security and Defence Policy is possible in principle on the basis of Article 42(3) of the EU Treaty. Such possible participation requires a case-by-case assessment in each case.

In a nutshell: Of course we would never do that, you evil paranoid woman, but if we did, we would of course check the individual case first before doing it in any case.

Does a paramilitary force suffice?
Liebe Freulein Osterhase- Genug mit deinem eierbeschuss

civvy

Old-Salt
Bejasus!
And no chance to drop off your cargo of Vietnamese migrants!

The Vietnamese are going to be mighty peed off when they appear out of their container, blinking in the bright sunlight, to find themselves in Dublin and not Blighty.

civvy

Old-Salt
I was told (and I don't know how true it is) that climate change is affecting France's nuclear power industry quite badly
Apparently lots of them are inland and use river water for cooling, in quite a few cases the flow of those rivers has reduced over the last 10 to 15 years sufficiently to cause cooling water supply issues in French nuclear plants

There are restictions on the temperature rise that they can cause to the river etc. It's a right pain in summer when flows are low and people want air con on. (Apparently).

I'm not having a downer on the UK. I was explaining why farmers love foreign labour; they're easier to exploit.

In a few months they'll be looking for crop pickers and we'll get the old tropes of "The British are too lazy to pick crops".

They're not; they're just more difficult to exploit.

My bold, sadly there is more than an element of truth in that statement. We have almost 1 million long term unemployed in this country ..
1611324097160.png

In some areas we are into the 2nd or even 3rd generation of benefit dependency.
Some obviously are unable to work through health problems but some admit (privately) they wouldn't get out of bed for less than x£ per hour/week, preferably never, being happy to exist as they do now, doing f**k all!
If these were forced to work when jobs were offered or lose ALL benefits, we might start seeing the diminishing of the need for seasonal incomers. These scroungers could use the same accommodation used by the incomers .

There's an even better test. On the TV show 'Pointless': If there was a question that asked for the name of a country containing three or more vowels, would "The European Union" be a valid answer?

My bold ... As its on the B russels B roadcasting C orporation , I think the answer in their eyes would be a definIte YES!!

You'll be pleased to hear the Independent's coverage of the EU 'Ambassador' situation is as petty and biased as you can imagine

This is what happened over 10 years ago when yet another unelected, failed British Labourite had delusions of grandeur BBC News - EU's Ashton sets out diplomatic vision
with this from the "wail"
  • 7,000 Eurocrats in 137 embassies worldwide cost a mind-boggling £5.8bn​

• Run by a £313,000-a-year New Labour apparatchik who hasn't been elected by a single voter​

1611326411653.png

Truxx

LE

I will ask him about that. He is something of a Grate Brane in these matters, even daring to grip a team from Fukoshima (post event) about their shoddy drills (all to do with cooling water as it happens) as well as, in his own time, completely redesigning a something or other that the fFrench had been pissing about with designing for 15 years. He did it in 3 weeks at a saving of £8bn.

His expertise is decommissioning and waste management.

I will ask him about that. He is something of a Grate Brane in these matters, even daring to grip a team from Fukoshima (post event) about their shoddy drills (all to do with cooling water as it happens) as well as, in his own time, completely redesigning a something or other that the fFrench had been pissing about with designing for 15 years. He did it in 3 weeks at a saving of £8bn.

His expertise is decommissioning and waste management.

Was something several years ago mentioned in idle conversation
Would be curious to know, whatever talents I do or don't have nuclear stuff isn't among them

Latest Threads