Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Given the bile and vitriol aimed at the UK and Brexiteers by the EU and by many Remainers I see every reason to be celebratory of our successes. Our successes should be shouted from the rooftops - loudly and clearly and often.
When, and only when we make a success of it, I agree. It's early days, but I'm sure we'll succeed. I just don't believe in invoking sods law.
Also read my post in context. The "success" I was saying we shouldn't be jubilant about, was the death of fellow human beings caused by the incompetence of the EU!!

When, and only when we make a success of it, I agree. It's early days, but I'm sure we'll succeed. I just don't believe in invoking sods law.
Also read my post in context. The "success" I was saying we shouldn't be jubilant about, was the death of fellow human beings caused by the incompetence of the EU!!
In that, I agree with both your points.

Can they run faster backwards ??
No, as witnessed by those who were present at the ARRC formation parade in Bielefeld.
Last to leave the parade were the Bersaglieri band at the double: like gentlemen, they gave everybody else a good head’s start.
Then off they went, paying compliments to the right at the saluting dais, a left wheel into the short side of the square followed, almost immediately, by a right wheel into the gap between two sets of bleachers: one containing VIPs, the other housing the media.
From the left wheel to the right wheel was the length of the VIP stand, and the Italian bandmaster was, therefore, unsighted as to the gap between the stands.
The parade format dictated that other units should clear that gap as they marched off.
Unfortunately, those that could remained in the gap to watch the double-past of the band.
Net result, the band right-wheeled into the gap, at the double, only to find it completely blocked with rubber-neckers.
There was nowhere else for them to go: backwards was impossible.
Chaos obviously ensued: and all directly in front of the press.

Truxx

LE
Many of the French reactors are reaching the end of their life.
And boy oh boy is that going to cause them a headache.

As my son once said, (he works for Sellafield) the greens need to understand that there will be a thousand years of environmental challenges and no electricity to show for it.

Last edited:
To be fair, the Bersaglieri band playing at the double is quite a feat: must take a lot of puff to play brass instruments on the run for several hundred metres.
That film was taken at the Festa della Repubblica (2 June) in Rome.
The veterans, too, put on a proud showing.
Do our Jogger veterans do a similar march past on relevant occasions?
Indeed. A few years ago when we were in Nice, again, there was a parade with the Legion doing their slow thing followed by the Italians doing the running thing. Was quite impressive and got a great reception from all.

Those 24hr direct ferry links to the continent will save you a bomb.

Er no, actually.
Using a freight booking agency it would appear that the Rosslare to Dunkirk service is £1,295 each way for a driver and lorry up to 13 metres long.
A flat rate for goods vehicle whatever sailing you choose, and knowing DFDS those prices are not going to go down any time soon.
Add the VAT on and it is £3,108 total for a return journey.
Rosslare to Fishguard or Pembroke is a quarter of that price.

Dover to Calais is around £210 each way depending on timings.

I can see why Aidan Flynn has the hump now.
Not many single owner/operators will be able to swallow those prices.

Er no, actually.
Using a freight booking agency it would appear that the Rosslare to Dunkirk service is £1,295 each way for a driver and lorry up to 13 metres long.
A flat rate for goods vehicle whatever sailing you choose, and knowing DFDS those prices are not going to go down any time soon.
Add the VAT on and it is £3,108 total for a return journey.
Rosslare to Fishguard or Pembroke is a quarter of that price.

Dover to Calais is around £210 each way depending on timings.

I can see why Aidan Flynn has the hump now.
Not many single owner/operators will be able to swallow those prices.

Roger that.

Check sarcasm settings.

Latest Threads